Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   5792 views

Description

I played all day on Sunday solo, died a couple times and got bodies Everytime but only made 1 bar progress. I just wanna get to 93 so I can start getting them gg gambling chances. Any advice on leveling? I'm a hammerdin fairly well geared, max res, 10/11k damage. Could go a bit more and lose some mf if needed
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

I played all day on Sunday solo, died a couple times and got bodies Everytime but only made 1 bar progress. I just wanna get to 93 so I can start getting them gg gambling chances. Any advice on leveling? I'm a hammerdin fairly well geared, max res, 10/11k damage. Could go a bit more and lose some mf if needed

ayrie 131

Necromancer Americas PC
(1) get
Ondal's Wisdom
and
Annihilus

(2) join 8 player
Baal
games
(3) sit in corner with ondal's equipped
(4) profit

I'm actually not kidding.
Perhaps doing P8 Chaos runs with friends? Your damage is decent.

The other thing is to do many runs for mf/runes, without thinking about the experience. I got my Barb to 92 on
Travincal
alone, and got a
Sur
, SOJ, Maras,...

I understand that I am not even 93 yet, but there is no easy way, other than getting P8
Baal
runs, many many of them. I plan of continue doing trav runs and not think about it (have a 7% exp boost anni, which is peanuts compared to the exp penalty at lvl 92 -> 93).

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
As already written, P8 Chaos or
Baal
runs.

Personally, I can't play more than 5 games in a row, because it's really boring and actually not "playing the game" for me... tele tele tele tp done next.

I do it like Aegis200, Solo MF without thinking about the XP, but when I've had enough I'm very careful.

Call To Arms also brings a lot, if you don't have one yet ... so dying becomes a challenge imho.

PS: half bar to LvL 95 .... it doesn't get any better after 93 ;-).

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
does your paladin also have max block with
Holy Shield
active (75%)? also CTA is a very nice boost if you didnt have it.

Just incase you didnt know this already, if you die and retrieve your corpse you only get 75% of the exp that was lost back. So having multiple deaths is a big set back. This set back will get even worse as you level more into the mid/high 90s.
If your goal is to get to 99 then going from 92-99 only doing
Baal
is going to be like 10,000 runs or something. (over half of those runs being for only 98-99)

Playing in a players 8 game and not dying is the best way to do it.

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
If you walk WSK up to
Baal
solo, you get about 1 bar per hour and a half respectively if youā€™re quick and efficient. Plus, you keep all of the spoils. Not fast, but thatā€™s what I did from 92-93. Unfortunately, the Javazon
Dodge
bug got me killed a couple of times.
Hehe i understand your pain:) im stuck at 93 atm.. I just have to not die at all.. If you die pickup body so u can get some exp back
jbmc wrote: 2 years ago
does your paladin also have max block with
Holy Shield
active (75%)?
basically this is all you need OP
OP
Thanks for all the great replies! Unfortunatly i dont have a CTA or anni yet as ive been farming to get good items to trade for one. im almost up to making an
Ohm
to be able to build one but im a bit scared of the horrible rolls u can get lol.

i do know i need to get a respec in to drop some str and dex as i have the Enigma now to cover str but im not exactly sure what i need and how the dex works with that. Stas below:
my chance to block is 75%, but do i need to worry about "average chance a xxxx will hit you?" or do i just need to get to 75% block chance and im good from there. just dont wanna use a respec item and waste it. i know i need more health and a spec would help for sure along with CTA

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
just make sure your block is always at 75%. everytime you level your gonna need to put a couple points into dex to get it back to 75%

also make sure you have
Holy Shield
on before you do this as it seems you dont have it maxed yet so those points you put into
Holy Shield
will save you from putting some points into dex and you can get more vitality.

Since you have an Enigma you only need enough strength to equip the Enigma. the +strength Enigma gives you should allow you to equip the rest of your gear.

for dex - activate
Holy Shield
and add points until you see your block get to 75% then you can put all the left over points into vitality (if your
Holy Shield
isnt maxed out yet then the points you put into it will save you from putting some points into dex).

| All trades negotiable | NA Time Zone GMT -5 hours | If I don't reply within an hour I'm probably sleeping |
jbmc wrote: 2 years ago
for dex - activate
Holy Shield
and add points until you see your block get to 75% then you can put all the left over points into vitality (if your
Holy Shield
isnt maxed out yet then the points you put into it will save you from putting some points into dex).
Is there a specific enemy or tool used for benchmarking max block? I notice that block chance vs Diablo is less than your average
Fallen
for instance.
OP
I was going to say almost the same thing!! i posted it and it said someone else posted before me and to check it. This was my wording though i think its the same q:

for chance to block it always shows the example of the last mob fought. do i need to go fight a mob and then do this or is chance to block static no matter the mob?
hmm, I have a lvl 82 Hammerdin but he just dies to Infector or De Seis when I telestomp on them even with max 75% block and max rez. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. :| (no CTA yet but around 1.4k life)

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
theres no tool, higher level mobs are always going to have a higher chance to hit you. you just wanna make sure that your chance to block is at 75%. this number will not change ever, unless you level up.
also you dont need to enable run if you are using an Enigma. running removes all of your defense.
so in the case where @Anonemous says hes dying right after a telestomp, is because after a telestomp you take a step before you start casting hammers? That super unique spawns with a bunch of minions so if you telestomp him, take a step while in the run animation you have 0 defense and i think block drops to 1/3 of its value. so instead of having those minions having a low chance to hit you, because your def is 0 their chance to hit goes up to 100%

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
loudogggg wrote: 2 years ago
I was going to say almost the same thing!! i posted it and it said someone else posted before me and to check it. This was my wording though i think its the same q:

for chance to block it always shows the example of the last mob fought. do i need to go fight a mob and then do this or is chance to block static no matter the mob?
the block chance is static.
refer to my post above where i show 2 monsters having a different chance to hit but my block is at 75%. and you can see my dex is 124 in both.
The HP/mana/small defense boost is from cta is active in the 2nd picture.

OP
So does that mean no matter how much sex or bonuses, since you have max block, the least diablo will be able to hit you is 40% then?

jbmc 89

Barbarian Americas PC
loudogggg wrote: 2 years ago
So does that mean no matter how much sex or bonuses, since you have max block, the least diablo will be able to hit you is 40% then?
yes

OP
Awesome! That makes it so much easier to understand!! Thank you! :). I was thinking it would always be a variable dependent on mob the block chance for some reason. Just thought I was max since had so much

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...