Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1060 views

Description

By now, most of you guys have several 'near' end game gear settings and some of you might have really expensive settings too.

I have 94 sorc and 89 pala with decent mf settings and suddenly got curious what items people think they 'have to' get whichever character they have.

I think there are two and they are 'Infinity' and 'Enigma'.

There are of course some good items you need for melee characters but i think there are substitutes available, even though it might be as good as the end-game one.

So please share what you think all of us will need in the end and no other items can replace.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

By now, most of you guys have several 'near' end game gear settings and some of you might have really expensive settings too.

I have 94 sorc and 89 pala with decent mf settings and suddenly got curious what items people think they 'have to' get whichever character they have.

I think there are two and they are 'Infinity' and 'Enigma'.

There are of course some good items you need for melee characters but i think there are substitutes available, even though it might be as good as the end-game one.

So please share what you think all of us will need in the end and no other items can replace.
I first got my CTA which i use on all characters and then i got Enigma and Infinity .

CTA just makes farming easier and more fun (if u dont die all the time) :-)
By and large the 2 u have named are the vast majority since they apply to nearly every class. Sorc may skip Enigma (only may, since the other values are still highly regarded) and pure physical may skip Infinity. Most other BIS items like nightwing, Beast, hoz are entirely class, sometimes build, specific.
every character except Barb needs CTA. Infinity on merc for cold sorc may be not worth, due to
Cold Mastery
. Could be more useful to equip Insight if low on mana or Obedience (very cheap and awesome damage).
Enigma is almost always BiS for each class except sorc or high mobility / physical damage character like Fury druid or javazon. Imho.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Really depends on build an purpose of the Character. Infinity won't break alot of cold immunities for example.

But as people said before Call To Arms + Spirit shield does help most classes alot.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
Patobaresi wrote: 2 years ago
every character except Barb needs CTA. Infinity on merc for cold sorc may be not worth, due to
Cold Mastery
. Could be more useful to equip Insight if low on mana or Obedience (very cheap and awesome damage).
Enigma is almost always BiS for each class except sorc or high mobility / physical damage character like Fury druid or javazon. Imho.
The cold sorceress' bane are cold immunes and these, more often than not, cannot be broken by Infinity, so this is the main reason the runeword is useless for a cold sorc.
Cold Mastery
is somewhat irrelevant here.
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
Cold Mastery
The cold sorceress' bane are cold immunes and these, more often than not, cannot be broken by Infinity, so this is the main reason the runeword is useless for a cold sorc.
Cold Mastery
is somewhat irrelevant here.
as far as I`ve read and heard, in D2R cold immunities can be broken by
Cold Mastery
but that`s not the point. The fact is that u just don`t need Infinity with cold sorc. just throw some points on firewall, 1 point in
Warmth
and 1 in
Fire Mastery
and that`s it...
I have lvl 95 cold sorc with firewall and i can do pretty much everything with Insight / Obedience on merc with Fortitude and
Andariel
Oh...Fortitude and Treachery are also BiS for a lot of specs.
as far as I`ve read and heard, in D2R cold immunities can be broken by
Cold Mastery
but that`s not the point. The fact is that u just don`t need Infinity with cold sorc. just throw some points on firewall, 1 point in
Warmth
and 1 in
Fire Mastery
and that`s it...
I have lvl 95 cold sorc with firewall and i can do pretty much everything with Insight / Obedience on merc with Fortitude and
Andariel
Oh...Fortitude and Treachery are also BiS for a lot of specs.
Yes,
Cold Mastery
was bugged on release and it was capable of breaking cold immunities, but that was fixed a while ago :)
Honestly, the only things I find to have no valid substitutes are the lowly
Raven Frost
or
Cham
rune.

Infinity/Enigma/CTA are great and all, but I got along fine without them. Playing end-game (with a non-caster) without Cannot Be Frozen is unimaginable to me.
RF can be replaced with Trangs
Belt
. In fact, its better for a horking barb.

Nature's Peace
is irreplaceable for Nillitak. Without that,
Corpse Explosion
is waay to powerful.

A good Grief can also boost massively alot of damage builds, such as pitzerker (using a mf off hand), smiter (high
Smite
damage bonus) or zealer. All for just 1
Lo
and
Mal
. You can pass it around all melee builds if you need to.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...