Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   2932 views

Description

Hey y’all. I never played Diablo 2. Looking forward to grinding out this game with my wife.
So anyway pretty much what the title says. I have been doing a lot of reading and keep running into random
Cap
finds Elemental resistance- 75%
Block chance- 75%
Magic find- 304%
Any more I should know about? And if I have any more questions should I post them in this thread or start a new topic?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey y’all. I never played Diablo 2. Looking forward to grinding out this game with my wife.
So anyway pretty much what the title says. I have been doing a lot of reading and keep running into random
Cap
finds Elemental resistance- 75%
Block chance- 75%
Magic find- 304%
Any more I should know about? And if I have any more questions should I post them in this thread or start a new topic?

BMAY 590

Assassin Americas PC
Well first of all Magic find does not have a cap. It does have diminishing returns, but that's really entirely different.

Chance to hit is capped at 95%

Elemental resistances default to 75% max, but there are items that increased this maximum.

Physical Damage Reduction is capped at 50%.

Blocking is capped at 75% like you said.

Cant think of others off the top of my head but if i do I will edit my reply.

Teebling 6801Admin

Europe PC
BMAY wrote: 3 years ago
Well first of all Magic find does not have a
Cap
. It does have diminishing returns, but that's really entirely different.
Just to add to this - I've heard that 350% is considered very efficient for MF with most builds, and what I want to aim for balanced with killing speed.

BMAY 590

Assassin Americas PC
Teebling wrote: 3 years ago
....balanced with killing speed.

This is really the crux of it. As high as you can push, while maintaining a fast clearing speed.

Kill speed > MF.

This also greatly depends on your class and what area you are running.

I have had very efficient and fast Necs with 600+ MF
I have had very efficient and fast Pallys with 350 MF

I've also had very inefficient characters will 400MF that performed much better with 200MF after realizing my mistake. 🤷‍♂️

You may also want to familiarize yourself with breakpoints if you haven't already. They are important for understanding how much faster cast rate (FCR), faster hit recovery (FHR), and/or increased attack speed (IAS) that your character can benefit from.

Breakpoints are not really something to obsess over while you're progressing to Hell difficulty. However, they become more important as you start to gear your character for end game. You can look up breakpoint charts easily online when you get to that point, though.

Here is a website with an explanation of breakpoints:

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Breakpoints

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...