Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   3475 views

Description

Are your builds still working after the IAS fix? I already procured some of the stuff (cold facets, HHG) for the build when this patch hit. I'm wondering if the build has been nerfed in which case I can cut my losses.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Are your builds still working after the IAS fix? I already procured some of the stuff (cold facets, HHG) for the build when this patch hit. I'm wondering if the build has been nerfed in which case I can cut my losses.
Answeredby Beardozer2 years agoGo to post
Yeah they put the cap back on IAS. And that sucks a lot.
They're "fixing" the new IAS breakpoints? What a shame. I thought it was actually cool that new strategies were forming so many years after the launch of the original.

"Fixed an issue where Tomb Vipers’ Poison Cloud attack was improperly dealing physical damage; the poison clouds now deal proper poison damage"

Really excited about this one though. Now maybe running
Nihlathak
won't be such a pain in the ass.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
This post was marked as the best answer.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
assassins suck again :( I am soooooooooo sad they did this.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yeah this makes me sad. I just modded my offline game files to play around with some fun IAS builds with modified talent trees, and it's been a lot of fun. Luckily, I can still play offline without updating. I think I'm going to stay there for a while.

OP
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
from what i read in other threads, the
Cap
has been plonked back to 3 FPA instead of the 2 FPA which was newly achievable. Am I correct to say that's a hard 33% DPS nerf?

I'm choking
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
Beardozer wrote: 2 years ago
from what i read in other threads, the
Cap
has been plonked back to 3 FPA instead of the 2 FPA which was newly achievable. Am I correct to say that's a hard 33% DPS nerf?

I'm choking

Wasn't the old
Cap
like 5 frames?

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Here is how it looks like for a kicksin with Rift. Red line is the speedcap reintroduced with yesterday's patch, anything under the line is now unreachable. The change is devastating to kicksins because they don't get any physical damage from their weapon: %ed doesn't work, flat damage from Grief doesn't work.
Once you get your Elite
Boots
your physical damage is essentially capped. The only way left to improve your killing speed is through elemental damage, crushing blow, procs and IAS. Elemental damage, crushing blow or proc sources are limited. IAS is no longer an option.

It's effectively a flat 33% DPS nerf.
OP
Zelym wrote: 2 years ago
Here is how it looks like for a kicksin with Rift. Red line is the speedcap reintroduced with yesterday's patch, anything under the line is now unreachable.
20211203-1240.png
The change is devastating to kicksins because they don't get any physical damage from their weapon: %ed doesn't work, flat damage from Grief doesn't work.
Once you get your Elite
Boots
your physical damage is essentially capped. The only way left to improve your killing speed is through elemental damage, crushing blow, procs and IAS. Elemental damage, crushing blow or proc sources are limited. IAS is no longer an option.

It's effectively a flat 33% DPS nerf.
I have only just started researching riftsins and building one, so, if we were to try to make the best of this situation - now IAS no longer is the focus, does this free up slots for alternative damage sources such as cold skill dmg? I'm going to start looking now but im thinking you guys are much more experienced than me and already have some idea what IAS gears can be swapped out to pull damage from other sources...

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
If I were to try to make Riftsin still work, I would switch from
Burst of Speed
to
Fade
and shoot for 30% or 50% IAS (respectively 3/3/3/3/9 and 3/3/3/3/8 kicks).

As far as cold skill damage goes:
Nightwing's Veil
, cold Rainbow Facets and
Ormus' Robes
are the only items I can think of. I don't think
Ormus' Robes
is a good option though.
Also Infinity on your merc, obviously.
sry, am noob, how does
If I were to try to make Riftsin still work, I would switch from
Burst of Speed
to
Fade
and shoot for 30% or 50% IAS (respectively 3/3/3/3/9 and 3/3/3/3/8 kicks).
relate to the table above? Trying to calculate how much IAS is needed from gear to hit max
Just search for "diablo 2 ias calculator" or the like to find an online calculator. The table above is for a
Divine Scepter
(WSM of -10 I do believe) and will be different for weapons with different WSM values. Also, the
Burst of Speed
level will change the table as well.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yeah the problem with IAS breakpoints is you really do need a calculator to determine what the breakpoints are. It is not as simple as the other breakpoints, like block rate, hit recovery, or cast speed - those are simple lookup tables, just eyeball a chart and you can see the breakpoints. IAS needs a calculator which takes into account all kinds of variables before spitting out the breakpoints.

Yeah -- it's interesting, based on what I saw, even a low level BOS (ie. 8) basically maxes you out at this point (per the screenshot above, which indicates at 10, 9 IAS maxes you out). This means to me that IAS is still necessary if you're going to be running
Fade
, in fact it's really necessary because even at 80 IAS (where I am right now with a treach) i'm still not hitting max when faded. Makes me think that for general farming purposes when using BOS, treach is just not the armor for a riftsin, and i'm gonna look at moving on to something more expensive. For ubers, however, I'd be curious what people think the optimal build is with this nerf?
OP
dharmabummer wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah -- it's interesting, based on what I saw, even a low level BOS (ie. 8) basically maxes you out at this point (per the screenshot above, which indicates at 10, 9 IAS maxes you out). This means to me that IAS is still necessary if you're going to be running
Fade
, in fact it's really necessary because even at 80 IAS (where I am right now with a treach) i'm still not hitting max when faded. Makes me think that for general farming purposes when using BOS, treach is just not the armor for a riftsin, and i'm gonna look at moving on to something more expensive. For ubers, however, I'd be curious what people think the optimal build is with this nerf?
going by sara's riftsin guide, apparently as long as you have a high CB and life leech with drac's proc, you're good to go since leech scales with your crushing blow as well. that reminds me that I have to go shopping for a drac's.
leech scaling with CB makes me like Duress for ubers even more _if_ you can run BOS and survive
I’m running a trap/kick hybrid with really good success in p/1 solo playing hell for magic find and rune running. I just got it going but am really enjoying it. Just picked up a CTA so am anxious to try her out with that boost. I run pindle, trav, cows, Chaos… really whatever I want though I haven’t tried
Baal
yet but will tonight. I’m currently level 80 using Rift but am curious if I should try out
Stormlash
once I hit 82. Using the calculators Rift seems to be the better play but I’m curious if someone can convince me to go
Stormlash
. But
Stormlash
concerns me when dealing with light immune as I’ll miss the frozen orbs but maybe other attributes on the weapon will overshadow that?
Death Sentry
is insane AOE.

I run with about 350mf, max res, max block, 1350ish health, 6.58 hits per, and throw lots of procs with good physical damage and leech. I know procs were better before, but I never feel like I’m lacking on them. My build is all over the place but I’m fine tuning it before I use my last free respec.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...