Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
25 replies   6099 views

Description

I've been playing since release. During that span, I've done hundreds of Cow Runs, Travs, Pit, Chaos,
Baal
, Meph, Countess... etc

I've yet to find anything higher than a
Mal

Where are all the high runes hiding?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I've been playing since release. During that span, I've done hundreds of Cow Runs, Travs, Pit, Chaos,
Baal
, Meph, Countess... etc

I've yet to find anything higher than a
Mal

Where are all the high runes hiding?
found a
Sur
on my second week and thought "this game is a blast"
yes, not a single hr after that
That sounds unlucky if it is actually hundreds. Ive also got no runes above
Mal
for probably 150ish cow and Chaos runs but have been very lucky elsewhere. Got a
Lo
early on from mephistos chest. Then a
Sur
in matrons den of all places. (I dont kill much there). Then got a
Ber
off Nhilathek while
Key
hunting haha.

Easy to say when you've been lucky but I think you just have to enjoy the game outside of HR drops and then if you ever get one its just icing...
OP
RMac85 wrote: 2 years ago
That sounds unlucky if it is actually hundreds. Ive also got no runes above
Mal
for probably 150ish cow and Chaos runs but have been very lucky elsewhere. Got a
Lo
early on from mephistos chest. Then a
Sur
in matrons den of all places. (I dont kill much there). Then got a
Ber
off Nhilathek while
Key
hunting haha.

Easy to say when you've been lucky but I think you just have to enjoy the game outside of HR drops and then if you ever get one its just icing...
Yup, hundreds. Haha. I've gotten lucky with Item drops. But for some reason the High Runes just arent dropping
What do you mean by hundreds really? What % of cows do you kill and loot personally? What player setting? And I assume hell difficulty of course?

Also is it hundreds of cows only or hundreds of what you mentioned? Because out of the things you listed, you'd only expect runes from cows and Chaos.
OP
Bounder wrote: 2 years ago
What do you mean by hundreds really? What % of cows do you kill and loot personally? What player setting? And I assume hell difficulty of course?

Also is it hundreds of cows only or hundreds of what you mentioned? Because out of the things you listed, you'd only expect runes from cows and Chaos.
Online Bnet

Yeah, i kill about 95% of the cows
With Chaos, i do the seal pop.
I mentioned etc on my original post. That includes things like Arcane Sanc and
Lower Kurast
chest runs. Hundreds of both of those too.
Diezle wrote: 2 years ago

Online Bnet

Lower Kurast
I don't think you mentioned how many players in game. Hundreds doesn't sound outrageous if you're doing solo.
OP

Online Bnet

Lower Kurast
I don't think you mentioned how many players in game. Hundreds doesn't sound outrageous if you're doing solo.

Oh, I play solo.

And that's hundreds of each spot. I've done Cows, Chaos, Pit,
Ancient Tunnels
, WorldStone Keep walks from Floors 1-3, killing everything, Arcane Sanc, Travs, Mephs, Countess. Altogether easily a thousand+ runs

I Kill everything. I don't just hunt the boss packs

Online Bnet

Lower Kurast

Oh, I play solo.

And that's hundreds of each spot. I've done Cows, Chaos, Pit,
Ancient Tunnels
, WorldStone Keep walks from Floors 1-3, killing everything, Arcane Sanc, Travs, Mephs, Countess. Altogether easily a thousand+ runs
I'm not surprised then. From analysis I've read (google HR farming guides) it does take abut hundreds of Chaos/cows (a lot more runs of Chaos actually) to get a "
Sur
value".
for AT, Bosses, etc, i wouldn't even count them.

You'll find a LOT more runes if you start doing what you're doing on games with more players. Last two weeks of ~2h cows have netted me about 5. P8 of course. And I kill away from people so I can get my drops.

Darbon 120

Paladin Europe PC
Yes I also just started doing this way, just join a game with many players and find some areas that havent been looted and kill everything without other players around, then when they quit you also quit and find another game

I just create trade games and farm. If someone comes in for the trade, I stop and trade. But generally I'm usually solo. (farmed
Jah
/
Vex
in cows trying to sell a 2OS COA).

But for my
Ber
(in cows), I created a 4OS
Monarch
Lem
game and no one came in.

I usually just kill everything and pop all chests.

Shenk -> Pindle -> Meph ->
Ancient Tunnels
-> Pits ->Cows -> Diablo ->Andy-> Countess -> Summoner -> Nihilthak->
Baal

(I mix up the areas and refill rejuvs for the harder areas).
Just off hell countess in the last week I'm in the multiple digits for Ists, Mals, Ums and Puls.
Cows have given me more than a single
Gul
Vex
Ohm
and one
Lo

I only ever farm solo and I speed clear cows and Chaos. Unless I'm
Key
farming.

I set a goal of number of games and intended area without ever setting a drop intent. Then I just collect anything of value that drops.
OP
So what you guys are pretty much saying is I have the worst Luck. haha

I farm about 4-5 hours a day every day and haven't found any High Runes
You have average luck, you're just farming ineffectively. Solo is just bad for runes.
OP
You have average luck, you're just farming ineffectively. Solo is just bad for runes.
Not according to the guys above me who also farm solo
OP
Not according to the guys above me who also farm solo. Average luck would have found at least 1 rune higher than a
Mal
after thousands of full clears. lol
Not according to the guys above me who also farm solo. Average luck would have found at least 1 rune higher than a
Mal
You said hundreds, not thousands? Also you should probably not rely on a single data point but rather expected value with true drop rates lol. Seriously do the math. You'll hardly get near average in just few hundred P1 runs.
OP
Mal
You said hundreds, not thousands? Also you should probably not rely on a single data point but rather expected value with true drop rates lol. Seriously do the math. You'll hardly get near average in just few hundred P1 runs.
Hundreds of each zone. Cows, Travs, Meph, Chaos, Pits,
Ancient Tunnels
, Arcane Sanc,
Lower Kurast
, Andy,
Baal
. I've done them all hundres of times each. Hence the total of runs in the thousands. I've done the math, I've seen the numbers. Statistically, I should have seen multiple High Runes by now.
Mal
Ancient Tunnels
, Arcane Sanc,
Lower Kurast
, Andy,
Baal
. I've done them all hundres of times each. Hence the total of runs in the thousands. I've done the math, I've seen the numbers. Statistically, I should have seen multiple High Runes by now.
4-5 hours a day with all the zones you mention is almost 30 minutes per game. In the span of that one game. I'll full clear 5 cow levels and start a 6th already. Cow rune drops are all about numbers. The more cows you kill the higher your chance to find a rune. Statistically your odds are bad just because of how you farm.
OP
MysticNocturne wrote: 2 years ago

Mal
Ancient Tunnels
, Arcane Sanc,
Lower Kurast
, Andy,
Baal
4-5 hours a day with all the zones you mention is almost 30 minutes per game. In the span of that one game. I'll full clear 5 cow levels and start a 6th already. Cow rune drops are all about numbers. The more cows you kill the higher your chance to find a rune. Statistically your odds are bad just because of how you farm.
I'll pick a spot to farm for the day. I dont cycle through all of them in a single game. Cows I full clear i. 3-4 minutes.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation