Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   811 views

Description

Call me blind but until 5 minutes ago I hadn't noticed that link ;-)

Curious what secrets this might hold I clicked on it ...... trust me, if you haven't yet you definitely should if you are a frequent trader.

While at first that data seems rather uninteresting it absolutely isn't! It's a brilliant idea and you can learn a lot from the data provided. Awesome stuff, truly awesome stuff. I most certainly hope that future updates will expand this feature, maybe even allow for customizable statistics or some form of data export. I could see a lot of very useful applications for more elaborate market analytics.

Well done!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Call me blind but until 5 minutes ago I hadn't noticed that link ;-)

Curious what secrets this might hold I clicked on it ...... trust me, if you haven't yet you definitely should if you are a frequent trader.

While at first that data seems rather uninteresting it absolutely isn't! It's a brilliant idea and you can learn a lot from the data provided. Awesome stuff, truly awesome stuff. I most certainly hope that future updates will expand this feature, maybe even allow for customizable statistics or some form of data export. I could see a lot of very useful applications for more elaborate market analytics.

Well done!
Where do you see that at?

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Well I'm blind too, I never noticed it. It's on top in the Trade forums.
It would be nice to have a shorter time range to see tendencies over time, although it's already an interesting tool.
OP
It would be nice to have sql access to that data. The ability to formulate queries of your own would be super nice. But that would require pretty hardcore input text filtering and parsing to prevent injection of malicious code.

I think I could spend weeks digging through all that info, lol. So much untapped knowledge :)

I bet Cain would love it too ^^

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
I have some cool plans for using the price data more creatively in the future. There's a lot of different ways it could be queried. What I'm quite interested in is drawing graphs so that people can see things like supply vs demand over time, volume of sales over time, top 5 currencies exchanged for this item over time etc.

Plenty of bugs to fix before I get to v1.1

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
Graphs would be awesome!
I would be interested to see how fast the demand for
Hellfire Torch
is dropping to estimate if it's still worth farming for example (although I think I already know the answer, confirmation through data is always nice).
OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
I have some cool plans for using the price data more creatively in the future. There's a lot of different ways it could be queried. What I'm quite interested in is drawing graphs so that people can see things like supply vs demand over time, volume of sales over time, top 5 currencies exchanged for this item over time etc.

Plenty of bugs to fix before I get to v1.1
Have you thought about providing a database api specifically for this data ? Kinda leave it to other devs for now to come up with interesting ways to use this data. Web tools or even standalone tools to play with price data. Withe the massive amount of new players and platforms this should be very interesting. Specifically how trade markets on different platforms develop. I made my fortune mostly with cross platform trades early on. Due to the lack of trade communities on consoles anything was possible. Runes had zero value. Some dude on ps5 found a
Jah
... great, zero value to him .... if only he could find someone with a
Shako
.... he'd GLADLY trade that
Jah
. Although, I would imagine this site doesn't have much data on early console trades at all. This will probably change when seasons come back (IF) but then it will be different because console players are more or less integrated in this community. Aahh, so much you could do with all that juicy trade data you collected ;-)

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Voyager2k10 wrote: 2 years ago
Have you thought about providing a database api specifically for this data ?
No. People have been asking for an API for d2io's data since the beginning of time and they don't know 1. the work that would entail and 2. the additional load that would place on the server.

I'm also not that keen on just giving away the fruits of my (years of) labour to other developers, no matter how well intentioned they say they are... like poe trade's dev asking me for access to it for 'non commercial reasons' yeah f off mate :lol:

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

I'm also not that keen on just giving away the fruits of my (years of) labour to other developers, no matter how well intentioned they say they are... like poe trade's dev asking me for access to it for 'non commercial reasons' yeah f off mate :lol:
Fair enough.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...