diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   1414 views

Description

Hey.

I opened a game with "O 40PRubys N
Um
" and someone showed up.

I asked, if it's okay, to drop the Rubys a bit on the north of the Stash.
He took all the 40 Perfect Rubys and then he left the game, without paying the
Um
Rune.

I know, I could use the trading window for that, to prevent the scamming.
But for PGems (40x single ones dragging into the window), it's super annyoing.

I did that in the past 4-5 times, and I had not one time a bad feeling, if the other person would pay the Rune at the end.
Usually they drop the rune at the same time, when we're trading while I start to drop the PGems on the Ground.

After he left the game, I whispered him friendly, but multiple times, why he wasn't paying the
Um
Rune.
He told me, it was on the Ground, so it's free and he hasn't to pay me.

Something I can do? I'm a bit pissed, spent almost an hour to deal with him.
It's not just me. I do the tradings, but playing with 2 friends, and we are collecting all the gems and upgrading them into perfect ones.
Maybe that's also a reason, why I think, I'm betrayed more then it should be for "just a game".

I learned now, that those trades should be made only through the diablo2.io website first. So at least, I would have a username to deal with it later.

Nerds, be kind to each other.
Cheers
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey.

Um
" and someone showed up.

Um
Rune.

I did that in the past 4-5 times, and I had not one time a bad feeling, if the other person would pay the Rune at the end.
Usually they drop the rune at the same time, when we're trading while I start to drop the PGems on the Ground.

After he left the game, I whispered him friendly, but multiple times, why he wasn't paying the
Um
Rune.

It's not just me. I do the tradings, but playing with 2 friends, and we are collecting all the gems and upgrading them into perfect ones.
Maybe that's also a reason, why I think, I'm betrayed more then it should be for "just a game".

I learned now, that those trades should be made only through the diablo2.io website first. So at least, I would have a username to deal with it later.

Cheers
Bad experience, game are supposed to be enjoyed, but it's entirely your fault
Never drop stuff on the Ground, if you don't know the person in real life.
There's plenty of scammers out there, I've had worse experiences, most recently today, when the other person in the last second swapped the item he was offering ,and shortly he/she Alt-f4 d
Hello, yes, always try to use people with high trust, since you never know, there is a ton of very sketchy people in the game out there trying to scam. I'm sorry for your loss.

Also, even if it takes some time to set up 40 pgems, its worth more than the time to cube up 120 flawless gems.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
I've only used the trade window a couple times myself and can't recall if ctrl+click works in trade window (I'm assuming not).

Nothing that can be done as far as I know. While I'm definitely not for that kind of behavior, there is some truth to "it was on the Ground, so it's free". But I'm completely against the idea of dev intervention to fix it.

The only take away is a lesson learned. Sorry that happened to you.
I reported a player who was trying to steal my
Jah
rune but I guess thats all you can do

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
ctrl+click does not work for trading unfortunately.

it sucks but think that 40pgems aren't that hard to find again, the value lost it not as high as someone who got scammed from a high rune (or those peeps making posts here about accidentally vendoring their
Hellfire Torch
).

I tend to overly trust people using this website but I would never, ever trust someone from a public lobby, D2 was always full of scammers and dishonest people.

Bryght 126

Druid Europe PC
Kosh_ch wrote: 2 years ago
End of thread.
I am sorry for you but you made a very naive mistake, you gave him the gems for free.
better not waste time thinking about it, you will never recover the gems, it's in the past.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Nothing can be done about it. It really sucks, but you have to be careful out there.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Kosh_ch wrote: 2 years ago
Hey.

Um
" and someone showed up.

Um
Rune.

Um
Rune.

Cheers
I'm done a few gem drop trades for runes. One tip is to /friend request the person ahead of time and also to drop 1/2 the number of gems, wait for payment, then drop the rest.

I offer Uber Service, Rush Service and have many items for sale, Add me on battle.net | Hoost07#1211
Add me dude, Scammers are shitty people. I can help u out

Add Viiolatez#1113 for quick responses
It's a well known fact that d2 is full scammers (i myself trust in the people on this site, however).

I mean people tried to scam me about 10 times when i was out shopping
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
+
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
I'm not even counting the guy trying to sell me unidentified natalyas armor saying it was
Tal Rasha's Guardianship

So yes, expect the worst.

Misanthropia#2220
With the new ability in D2r to pop any item into the waiting window by using ctrl+click, filling up a trade window is now much easier. I would use that and avoid the Ground, as it's a gamble every time.

Deleted User 54930 0

It's a well known fact that d2 is full scammers (i myself trust in the people on this site, however).

This I think is why this site is so appealing to me. It is a different level of trust and knowledge of at least some repercussion should someone be the scammer type. Community matters and this site helps to grow and foster a better one for D2.

As far as scams go, OP, don't sweat it. You didn't drop every single item you owned to someone you thought was your brother with the old "this is a new account that was given to me" scam. *facepalm* I think about that scammer all the time and it taught me a valuable lesson... pay attention and be smart. Hope your recovery goes well... but at least it's only 40
Perfect Ruby
... not
Stormshield
The Oculus
, and so much more... At the end of the day the dancing pixels are just that. And they'll ebb and flow to other interests eventually.

Cheers,

Straag
Inethil wrote: 2 years ago
With the new ability in D2r to pop any item into the waiting window by using ctrl+click, filling up a trade window is now much easier. I would use that and avoid the Ground, as it's a gamble every time.
That's scary because if they close the window ctrl-click now drops the item on the Ground... Honestly I wonder if they should just remove ctrl-click entirely (or make it off by default at least).

Best advice after getting scammed/PK'd, or just eating a nasty runeword roll etc is just to take a break from the game for an hour or two - go work out, eat a nice dinner, spend time with friends. You'll come back fresh and be ready to put it behind you.
Hoost07 wrote: 2 years ago
to drop 1/2 the number of gems, wait for payment, then drop the rest.
If the player with a rune won't leave with 20 free gems, and gives the rune, then the other player has an advantage, as he can leave with a rune for half a price.

Use trade window instead! May be tedious, but is safe, for both sides. Not scam free, but much safer than dropping the items.
Rule of thumb: consider items dropped to the Ground as lost, at least in public games. Even in private games it is not safe, as random disconnects occur frequently.
Oh, ouch. I didn't think of that. Also, I was wrong, lol. Ctrl+click works when transferring items between your own windows (cube, stash, vendors) but is disabled in trade. So, dragging and dropping seems the only way. Maybe that's for the best, given what you pointed out Ofer.
OP
Hey all,

Thanks for the kind and helpful words.
I did a one day off break and now I'm over it.
straag wrote: 2 years ago
Community matters and this site helps to grow and foster a better one for D2.
Community matters and all your participation in this forum thread shows it and helped me. Thanks for that.

Banjo 138

Sorceress Americas PC
the only time i will ever do a drop trade is when i honestly dont care if someone just takes off. if the trade is fairly low value trade than i basically feel like fuck it, clearly this person needs a
Ko
rune much more than i do. i did one where the guy was freaking out cuz the trade window would not let him accept the trade, which seemed really weird to me and I thought he might be trying to scam me, but again it was a very low value trade so i said lets just drop trade. turns out the guy was just being a dummy and his inventory was full. he dropped the item i dropped the rune at twas all good. just never risk more than your willing to lose i guess is all i can say.
Stories like this made me wish for a platform where you could check for a player's reputation - or as in this case, warn others about untrustworthy players.

So I went ahead and built one, [PM me if you want details.] (a moderator removed the link)

I hope this isn't seen as an unsolicited advertisement. It's Brand new and a free service provided by me to the community.

If you still remember his BattleTag, please report him. Unfortunately, you can't yet add a text but that will follow.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
The problem with that, Downlord, is that anybody can accuse somebody of doing something. There is nothing that can be submitted as 'evidence' which cannot be faked. Somebody could simply make a character with the same name as somebody else. Somebody could fake a screenshot 'proving' something happened. Any website trying to offer a reputation for players is just immediately going to become overrun with people slandering each other.

The only way to protect yourself is to protect yourself and practice safe trading. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but don't let yourself become a victim.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...