Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   2580 views

Description

Hello, I like the new design and the features of 1.0 but have to say it's missing one important feature from the previous build.

I really enjoyed using the search tab to type in a couple of words first (Ex. if I'm searching for "
Harlequin Crest
Shako
", I would type "Harle"), then I was given the last ten(?) listings of
Harlequin Crest
Shakos with first 9-10 words that the seller has inputted in the thread.

These 9-10 words served a very important role to quickly find good trades. Within these 9-10 words, it usually had the specifications of an item and the price(Ex. 141 def
Shako
for
Ist
), which made viewing multiple sale threads very easy to see. Now I need to hover over to see the details of the page and I have to hover over every single trade to find exactly what I want.

Is this a feature that may come back in the upcoming updates? Thank you.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello, I like the new design and the features of 1.0 but have to say it's missing one important feature from the previous build.

I really enjoyed using the search tab to type in a couple of words first (Ex. if I'm searching for "
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Harlequin Crest

These 9-10 words served a very important role to quickly find good trades. Within these 9-10 words, it usually had the specifications of an item and the price(Ex. 141 def
Shako
for
Ist
), which made viewing multiple sale threads very easy to see. Now I need to hover over to see the details of the page and I have to hover over every single trade to find exactly what I want.

Is this a feature that may come back in the upcoming updates? Thank you.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
jkybk011 wrote: 2 years ago
I really enjoyed using the search tab to type in a couple of words first (Ex. if I'm searching for " Harlequin Crest Shako", I would type "Harle"), then I was given the last ten(?) listings of Harlequin Crest Shakos with first 9-10 words that the seller has inputted in the thread.

These 9-10 words served a very important role to quickly find good trades. Within these 9-10 words, it usually had the specifications of an item and the price(Ex. 141 def Shako for Ist), which made viewing multiple sale threads very easy to see. Now I need to hover over to see the details of the page and I have to hover over every single trade to find exactly what I want.
The new way of doing this is using the advanced search. Take some time to look through each of the options and familiarise yourself with how it works.

To do the same thing you just described, try using the 'search descriptions' option. If this isn't good enough please feed back some more. I've hardly tested a lot of the search stuff because its hard to emulate the kind of natural activity the live site has.

Furthermore, I'd suggest you read the patch notes for v1.0 which have a lot more information on the site's new functions.

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
Harlequin Crest
Shako
Harlequin Crest

Shako
for
Ist
The new way of doing this is using the advanced search. Take some time to look through each of the options and familiarise yourself with how it works.

To do the same thing you just described, try using the 'search descriptions' option. If this isn't good enough please feed back some more. I've hardly tested a lot of the search stuff because its hard to emulate the kind of natural activity the live site has.

Furthermore, I'd suggest you read the patch notes for v1.0 which have a lot more information on the site's new functions.
This post was marked as the best answer.

I am having the same problem, having the description in the search results helped so much.
You cant use the 'search descriptions' option because often people don't have the
Key
words in the description. It might just be the item stats like "3/12/20 LF
Gul
", now you can only see if by hovering over the posts.
OP
Thanks for the quick response! I wasn't expecting a response this quick heh.

Anyways, I've tried the advanced search but am still having a bit of trouble quickly browsing through listings.
I'll try to use examples to best describe what I am experiencing. Below is search function on a random d2 trade discord WTB channel. I've searched for "
Death's Fathom
" and it was able to pull up previous threads, with the newest ones containing
Death's Fathom
in a list.

I'm able to see what type of
Death's Fathom
the player is looking for(Ex. 30 cold dmg DF) and what they are offering (Ex.
Sur
+
Vex
) very quickly.

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
I'm able to see what type of
Death's Fathom
the player is looking for(Ex. 30 cold dmg DF) and what they are offering (Ex.
Sur
+
Vex
) very quickly.
You should really explore the options in the search more closely because the equivalent search functionality is available here too.

See my post here in which I detailed some examples of how to search for attributes (or multiple attributes) inside descriptions, offers, or titles using the advanced search. That will help, but you should probably try looking at the actual hover tooltips and reading what things do.

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
Gogetter wrote: 2 years ago
I am having the same problem, having the description in the search results helped so much.
Also just to add this is coming back, it's at the top of the to-do list to bring back inline description previews.

OP
@Teebling I shall use that function when needed like searching for mostly rare items. I'm still getting used to the new layout and overall it feels really good. Thanks for your hard work. I especially like the Superior and socket number shown in the thread for easy navigation & searching.

And yes I'll be looking forward to the search preview addition that will come later.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...