Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   3770 views

Description

I make chars just to target farm specific areas. I have horker barb for Trav, paladin for
Baal
, javazon for cows, cold sorc for Andi, Mephi and
Ancient Tunnels
. I want to make fire druid for stony tomb.

I can't figure out what to do with Assassin. It seems like for farming all the other classes are best choices.

Is there any place to farm (worth farming) where Assassin is best than other classes?
Description by louner

Can be used to make Runewords:

louner 197

Europe PC
I make chars just to target farm specific areas. I have horker barb for Trav, paladin for
Baal
, javazon for cows, cold sorc for Andi, Mephi and
Ancient Tunnels
. I want to make fire druid for stony tomb.

I can't figure out what to do with Assassin. It seems like for farming all the other classes are best choices.

Is there any place to farm (worth farming) where Assassin is best than other classes?

Nith for Dkey.

Relax and have fun!
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
k thx didn't think of that :D

It depends on your build. MA Phoenix can farm basically any area. Lightning trap is good where you can kill something to continue exploding corpses.
Blade
can also be multifunctional depending on your gear. It's quite a versatile class. Good for killing solo targets, good with masses (
Meteor
from Phoenix can stack its fire), so cows won't be a bad idea in almost any spec except full kicksin. But full kicksin is often used for Uber killing. But for something universal - MA

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
The beauty of an assassin is that they can farm just about anywhere in (near) record time when properly geared and played.

IMO they're one of the best choices for all-round farming if you're one of those "clear everything!" folks and one of (if not) the top pick(s) for
Key
farming among other things.

Not quite the fastest at any one specific thing but when you combine areas, they average out to be among the top. And they do beat a pally on
Baal
when done right for example. But then again, so do many classes.

Plus an assassin can stack a surprising amount of MF without slowing down at all so..that's a nice touch.

Personally, as someone who also tailor-builds different chars/builds for different purposes, my assassin is for
Key
farming with the occasional CS and
Baal
rolled in. Given, for the latter two my sorc beats the living crap out of her..but sometimes keys alone gets boring. :)

Disclaimer:
My opinion is based entirely on P1-3 (give or take) as /players 8 still doesn't exist online and filling games remains impossible so..yeah.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Enjoy!

Hidden (highly subjective) bonus for assassins: They're actually fun, too! :p
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
A pally on
Baal
when done right for example.
What is the build to farm
Baal
with pally?
Do you need Enigma?

Relax and have fun!
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
A pally on
Baal
Baal
with pally?
Do you need Enigma?
I'm using Enigma with foh/hammer hybrid (you can do just as well with pure hammerdin I think). You can farm without Enigma , but then getting to the throne room takes some time, so you have to use tele charges and it's a lot less convenient. Before I had Enigma I was farming
Travincal
with barb and
Mephisto
with sorc to get some gear and runes (because those are places that can give a lot value with budget gear). Only after that I started farming Bhaal.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
A pally on
Baal
Baal
with pally?
Do you need Enigma?
I wouldn't farm
Baal
with any pally (except on ladder cuz I only have 1 char there ^^ - or to lvl said pally of course).

But generally speaking, you always* want Enigma for a non-sorc farmer, simply because you otherwise lose too much time traveling. Especially for things like
Baal
where you do have quite a bit of distance to cover.

Traditionally, a hammerdin was the pally farmer build of choice. Since 2.4, FoH works pretty much just as well overall (better in some places, slightly worse in others). Excluding cows and such of course where FoH just fails...hard...

*Certain (few) exceptions apply for builds that have improved travel speed as is and when farming nearby zones with them where it makes close to no difference (e.g. trav)
OP

louner 197

Europe PC
A pally on
Baal
Baal
with pally?
Do you need Enigma?
I wouldn't farm
Baal
with any pally (except on ladder cuz I only have 1 char there ^^ - or to lvl said pally of course).

But generally speaking, you always* want Enigma for a non-sorc farmer, simply because you otherwise lose too much time traveling. Especially for things like
Baal

Traditionally, a hammerdin was the pally farmer build of choice. Since 2.4, FoH works pretty much just as well overall (better in some places, slightly worse in others). Excluding cows and such of course where FoH just fails...hard...

*Certain (few) exceptions apply for builds that have improved travel speed as is and when farming nearby zones with them where it makes close to no difference (e.g. trav)
Why not pally? What would be better? Just aside some lightning sorc builds with Griffons and Dream and stuff :D

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
louner wrote: 1 year ago

Baal
with pally?
Do you need Enigma?
I wouldn't farm
Baal

Baal

Why not pally? What would be better? Just aside some lightning sorc builds with Griffons and Dream and stuff :D
There's a handful of better/faster choices in my experience.

As a general note, creativity in build design beats the hell out of following random streamer/"meta" builds. Though some builds also require you to come up with the right playstyle to really push them ahead and may require a specific level of gear to even really work as well.

My sorc for example (which is neither light nor any other common build) beats the living daylights out of literally any other build I've ever tried for
Baal
, CS and cows over the last 20 years. And that includes fully geared pallies or javas (both of whom I've also played extensively to get the comparison).

(Again, that's based on P1-3ish...for P8, I'm fairly certain she'd lose to Javas in cows by quite a bit)
I don't think pally can farm
Baal
fast enough.
Lightning sorc with Infinity can already farm
Baal
. Griffons and Dream are not mandatory.

Javazon with Enigma alone can also farm
Baal
I did without Enigma. She could clear quite fast. It just took too much time travelling.

Relax and have fun!

I wouldn't farm
Baal

Baal

There's a handful of better/faster choices in my experience.

As a general note, creativity in build design beats the hell out of following random streamer/"meta" builds. Though some builds also require you to come up with the right playstyle to really push them ahead and may require a specific level of gear to even really work as well.

My sorc for example (which is neither light nor any other common build) beats the living daylights out of literally any other build I've ever tried for
Baal
, CS and cows over the last 20 years. And that includes fully geared pallies or javas (both of whom I've also played extensively to get the comparison).

(Again, that's based on P1-3ish...for P8, I'm fairly certain she'd lose to Javas in cows by quite a bit)
can confirm. kicksin without an Enigma is not a farming char by any means. what works without Enigma is trav because even a budget kicksin can widthstand the council clubbering you. running to
The Countess
works as well passing most mobs but that's it.
everything else is just too slow. you can put a point into
Death Sentry
for cows (one cow has to die and then the
Death Sentry
does 5 corpse explos like a chain reaction. if no other cow dies then it shoots lightning), but it doesn't really speed up farming much.
so if you wanna farm with a kicksin you make your life unnecessarily hard.

with a trapsin, what you can do is farm cows quite comfortably. it's easy as well, just put all your points into the left side of the traps tree. done. get some skillers and pump the damage to 6k fire bomb and around 10k lightning damage. get a solid merc that doesn't die and you're good to go.
unfortunately, both assassin types are pretty much one trick ponies for either farming or boss killing but not really both imho.

OP

louner 197

Europe PC
Ok, I'm happy with pala though, because I still can finish
Baal
run in 2:40 on average (from wp to
Baal
dead) and it's good enough for me. But thanks for some ideas for other builds to try out. :)

For ubers my favorite is kicksin/riftsin. It's fast, keeps the adds pretty much cleared and has a built in pseudo-
Teleport
in
Dragon Flight
for jumping right in to the uber. It is more gear dependent than smiter but is imo the most casual uber build in the game.
worstd2playerever wrote: 1 year ago
For ubers my favorite is kicksin/riftsin. It's fast, keeps the adds pretty much cleared and has a built in pseudo-
Teleport
in
Dragon Flight
for jumping right in to the uber. It is more gear dependent than smiter but is imo the most casual uber build in the game.
Smiter is a better choice (less gear dependent, faster killing and more tanky).
People will end up building a smiter.

Kicksin is a choice when you have some
Ber
to gear her and/or want to have fun.

Relax and have fun!
I have an kicksin that is a magic find build that can farm anywhere. I depend on her more than my sorc atm because she doesn't get one shotted. I rely on
Fade
a lot to make up for the lost resistance and some res charms, and she has all the mf gear except the ravenfrost to prevent being frozen. I have Enigma, but before that I had a tele ammy. I rely a lot on my barbarian and
Shadow Master
to deal with the crowd and they are amazing. The kick damage isn't as strong with a mf gear, but just one or two monsters down and I lay out the
Lightning Sentry
and that's it! Just a thought. Does really well with bosses toobut doesn't kill them as fast unless you wanna switch up to gore riders for a moment.
I have a lvl 88 trapsin, standard build, on ladder HC.
MF'ing clear speed is slow, but consistent.
I usually run Pindle, Eldritch, Shenk,
Arachnid Lair
Ancient Tunnels
, and Pits.
Act 2
Holy Freeze
merc and
Fire Blast
to deal lightning immunes. MF is about 300 ish, with a
Gull
, Rhyme, Gheeds, 3 P-
Topaz
in a
Helm
, 24/25 rings, and
Goldwrap

As I said before, it's slow going, but hey it's a HC character and I'm level 88 and not dead. Just found a 25 maras in
Ancient Tunnels
Trapsin on the outset of Hell I usually just run Countess. Probably not as efficient as running the tower as a Sorc but then again what is?

I find the Trapsin particularly fun with stacking high FRW and tearing through the tower- skipping the archers and killing ghost packs and bringing a
Teleport
staff to skip through certain floors. Countess will drop plenty of
Teleport
staff. You don't need capped resists or anything to tear through the tower, the only thing you really need to look out for are the archers-- just skip them.

Once you're a little more geared I'd agree with the rest of the thread- she does well against Nihlithak, Shenk, Cows,
Ancient Tunnels
. I'm generally not a big fan of using her to farm the pit as I find the archers obnoxious even when the merc can handle them.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly through Battle.net if you're interested in one of my items, especially if I don't respond immediately to a thread I've posted.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation