Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
28 replies   5453 views

What is the right name i have to put in the title when I wanna sell rings/amus/jools/Sks?

No data yet

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Ymp wrote: 2 years ago
What should the title of a rare ring look like, exactly?
As it says in the guidance block that pops up when you type in 'ring' - the full, in-game name of the ring.

I mean it's up to you, these aren't rules, just guidance to make your trades more visible based on what the convention is for everyone else.

Ymp 31

Europe PC
You are reciting stale info, mostly already covered.
Yes what you say makes sense and should be used for magic items where the name carries info and CAN be searched for (even crafted items can be searched for by their general name).
What useful ingame name do you use for a rare ring, Viper Finger, Cruel Touch? What's more useful about Doom Circle, than Fcr Ring?! Who is going to search for any of these random names, and who is to say that anyone's rare ring isn't named Leech Ring?
We could pick the best possible random name that a rare could have, and use that for ALL rare items of that type!!1
Next thread: Best rare item names

Check out my almost FREE trade here: trade/and-id-items-for-gems-t1211594.html

NL - SC - PC

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
You are reciting stale info, mostly already covered.
Yes what you say makes sense and should be used for magic items where the name carries info and CAN be searched for (even crafted items can be searched for by their general name).
What useful ingame name do you use for a rare ring, Viper Finger, Cruel Touch? What's more useful about Doom Circle, than Fcr Ring?! Who is going to search for any of these random names, and who is to say that anyone's rare ring isn't named Leech Ring?
We could pick the best possible random name that a rare could have, and use that for ALL rare items of that type!!1
Next thread: Best rare item names
Do what you like, as I said it's just guidance to try and standardise things. If you want to go against the grain because you think your naming method is better than go ahead. No-one's going to care.

Since OP asked, I'm just reinforcing what the helper tooltips etc. already say, and how listings have been made since v1.0.

Ymp 31

Europe PC
On a side note, do you want my Armageddon Crack? I offer it cheap!

NL - SC - PC

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
On a side note, do you want my Armageddon Crack? I offer it cheap!
What's that? Neither of those words are affixes in Diablo 2.

Even if they were, who would make a listing with just the affixes in the title without 'ring', 'amulet', 'charm' or 'jewel' in the topic title? That wouldn't make any sense.

Have you looked at the patch notes linked in my signature yet? I think you're confused about how the site's searching/listing mechanics work. Reading that will help.

Ymp 31

Europe PC
That's the third time you've made my point and have contradicted yourslef.
I have emphasized time and again the importance of the affix concept in the title, of MAGIC items. Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck is both the name of the item, and a relatively precise discription of what the item does. It serves you well to search that name, if you are shoping for the related item.
This is not how the names of rare items work, as you have so observantly, finally determined, and made my point. The name I have used, is a valid name for a rare item, as are the other names I used in my post before the last one. Rares always have two words for a name, and are never affixes that are meant to reveal anything about what the item is.
You said in one of your copy paste -esk recitements of the "rules" that you should use the exact ingame name of an item in the trade title. Armageddon Crack would be THAT exact name.
"That wouldn't make any sense." -you say... Exactly, this is what I've been trying to convey post after post. And then you arrived.
I read the patch notes on patch day because I found the much needed changes interesting and useful. Praise the lord you put it in your signature for all the lost confused souls to see though!

NL - SC - PC

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Cool.

OP

Afura 10

Druid Europe PC
That's the third time you've made my point and have contradicted yourslef.
I have emphasized time and again the importance of the affix concept in the title, of MAGIC items. Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck is both the name of the item, and a relatively precise discription of what the item does. It serves you well to search that name, if you are shoping for the related item.
This is not how the names of rare items work, as you have so observantly, finally determined, and made my point. The name I have used, is a valid name for a rare item, as are the other names I used in my post before the last one. Rares always have two words for a name, and are never affixes that are meant to reveal anything about what the item is.
You said in one of your copy paste -esk recitements of the "rules" that you should use the exact ingame name of an item in the trade title. Armageddon Crack would be THAT exact name. "That wouldn't make any sense." -you say... Exactly, this is what I've been trying to convey post after post. And then you arrived.
I read the patch notes on patch day because I found the much needed changes interesting and useful. Praise the lord you put it in your signature for all the lost confused souls to see though!

Thank you, this is exactly what I am trying to say in my last posts. We are told to better use the full in-game name of the ring including any affix names instead of writing something like "lifeech ring + strength" (and yes I also fill out the description and advanced filter since I am on this site), if I do so I would have to name my rare ring in the title Shadow turn which doesn't mean anything, whereas for blue items like you said it makes sense. If you take a +1 fire sorc skiller it is called burning grand charm where most people know what it is by just reading the title, but the name of a rare item like shadow turn, beast knot, beast spiral or whatever doesn't mean anything to anyone or doesn't give any hint on what the item could be. I highly doubt that people are more drawn to check out a ring called shadow turn ring than a ring called "6lifeleech +15str ring".
Afura wrote: 2 years ago
Hey,

Trying to figure something out. What is the correct thing to write in the title when you wanna sell charms, jewels, rings or amulets? You just write for example "rare ring" or do you write the name of the yellow ring in the title like for example "storm whorl ring"? Until now I have written the stats and attributes in the title, but found out that it is wrong and against the rules.

Would be nice if someone could help me there

Thank you
I put the stats in name so it comes up with the other rings but instead of "Rare Ring" you see 10fcr/13res/8ll etc. So you can see exactly what the ring is and if it's worth a damn.

Xbox GT: Cinomed541 add me if you need someone to play with.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...