Baal
runs. I created my own games since I can
Teleport
to the throne and no actual
Baal
runs were running.

In one of those games a grey
Monarch
fell. So of course I try to pick it up. Might have 4 sockets right? Somehow I had to open my inventory to pick it up. I figured I had no stash space left. In the process I dropped my
Stone of Jordan
. Can anyone actually explain how this is even possible? How can I pick up a shield to drop a damn ring??? Other than some hack I sure don't understand what happened here. I tried several things to make an equipped ring drop. And I can't seem to be able to reproduce it.

Of course I tried to get it back, but you all know how people are. Only 1 in a 100 would actually give a
Stone of Jordan
back. It saddens and disgusts me that such people are in the game. I didn't even notice who took it since I didn't notice right away. Honestly, I wouldn't even have seen it if it wasn't for the fact I could summon 1 less
Skeleton
. I can only list the chars that were in the game:

[REMOVED]

I just wanted to get my story out and warn everyone to never open your inventory in a public game. I honestly don't know what happened but I learned my lesson. I won't be playing public games for a while, that's for sure.

Well this is me. Yet another sad Diablo 2 player walking around. Don't open your inventory in public games or play with people you can trust.
Description by Magicos

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I thought I would do some
Baal
runs. I created my own games since I can
Teleport
to the throne and no actual
Baal
runs were running.

In one of those games a grey
Monarch
fell. So of course I try to pick it up. Might have 4 sockets right? Somehow I had to open my inventory to pick it up. I figured I had no stash space left. In the process I dropped my
Stone of Jordan
. Can anyone actually explain how this is even possible? How can I pick up a shield to drop a damn ring??? Other than some hack I sure don't understand what happened here. I tried several things to make an equipped ring drop. And I can't seem to be able to reproduce it.

Of course I tried to get it back, but you all know how people are. Only 1 in a 100 would actually give a
Stone of Jordan
back. It saddens and disgusts me that such people are in the game. I didn't even notice who took it since I didn't notice right away. Honestly, I wouldn't even have seen it if it wasn't for the fact I could summon 1 less
Skeleton
. I can only list the chars that were in the game:

[REMOVED]

I just wanted to get my story out and warn everyone to never open your inventory in a public game. I honestly don't know what happened but I learned my lesson. I won't be playing public games for a while, that's for sure.

Well this is me. Yet another sad Diablo 2 player walking around. Don't open your inventory in public games or play with people you can trust.
Reminds of the Guy here in the Forum who accidentally dropped his Grief in a public game, when he tried to snatch an SC. Inv full, so he opened his Inv to pick it manually and drop it in the cube...

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Sorry about dropping your SoJ on the floor and having it taken :(
I've removed that list of usernames so that we don't get witch hunting.

OP
@Teebling I understand your reasoning. But you are protecting the thief this way. How can we know who we can trust if we are not allowed to out them.

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Magicos wrote: 2 years ago
How can we know who we can trust if we are not allowed to out them.
The trader Trust system, and using moderators to investigate someone when they're clearly breaking the trading rules. Your SoJ being theived didn't even involve diablo2.io, or trading on the marketplace at all which puts it out of the realm of Trust/moderation though.

Simply put - I cannot countenance people's names just being black listed here on a public forum with no factual evidence of wrongdoing. This leads to witch hunting, more lists, and is a road I've been down before and don't want to go down again. There are very good reasons for this.

OP
Alright. Point made. :-)
Thanks for the effort you put into this website btw. My trades are done 100% via diablo2.io

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Bad that things like that happen and people just run of with items that one accidently dropped.
I just tried to figure out how this can happen. Not sure if it's a bug tho. I just dropped a
Healing Potion
out of my
Belt
by accident so I was going to test abit. I had the
Belt
open and closed it, moved whilst I clicked in that direction where the
Belt
window was, same result - I dropped the
Healing Potion
with my next click.

So if you're to hasty picking up items, closing your inventory and going to move asap it can happen that you just click a random Item in your inventory, in that short frame that the inventory gets closed, which will cause you to drop the item :(.
Dunno if that was the case here, it was for me, glad it was just a
Super Healing Potion

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
This is just copy/paste from the guy who lost Grief. Now everyone will lose something xDDD
OP
Can you please not say stuff like that. I have farmed since the beginning for a SoJ. I can assure you it does not feel great to lose such an item by picking up a stupid
Monarch
. Comments like yours just make it worse.
Given that you only realized when your army of skellies was 1 short, you can't even be certain that the
Monarch
loot was when you dropped the ring. it might have happened way earlier, possibly while tinkering with the potions in your
Belt
, since your cursor would be in the vicinity of your rings. all it takes is 1 misclick while moving stuff/potions around and the ring might be "lifted" off and when closing the inventory and moving off, drop on the floor.
This exact thing happened to me with my verdungo’s Hearty Cord. So how I think it happened: I just jumped into my inventory to do a quick pot reload and somehow I selected my
Belt
and evidently picked it up. The thing was literally in my hand until I tried to pick something up….. and THERE IT GOES. Dropped my
Belt
to pickup the other item. Any thoughts?

Psn: Mook_Masta
All stats are accurate to the item being traded.
Please remember to leave trust when trade is done.
$$May all your trades be prosperous ones…🙏$$
OP
@MarcWizard Well considering it's the only time I opened my inventory I doubt it could be something else. My intentions however, are to warm players for public games. All I want is for people to be careful when opening their inventory. I for one, did not know this could happen.
I feel you man, people can be very bad. When I participated in my first P8 cows a couple of months ago, a
Lo
dropped the first HR I had ever seen, and I was super excited about it.
However, some barb who was just there hanging ran to it and grabbed it and left the game (I understood the etiquette of public games that anything in the floor is up for grabs but still).
I was soo mad, so I decided to play on my own, until I had enough stuff to never rush to pick something up and enjoy grouping up, without rushing and shaking to grab something on the floor, where accidents like droping stuff can happen.

Needless to say, 4 days later, RNG blessed me with a
Lo
!!!

Just hang in there mate, and you will get some cool thing when karma bounces back.

(I still dont play P8 cow games tho)

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Magicos wrote: 2 years ago
@MarcWizard Well considering it's the only time I opened my inventory I doubt it could be something else. My intentions however, are to warm players for public games. All I want is for people to be careful when opening their inventory. I for one, did not know this could happen.
I have near misses with my rings sometimes while messing with pots. trying to do things fast sometimes I pick up the ring instead (I guess this is why i keep missing headshots in BF4), but generally I catch myself and put the ring back in its slot.
I am sorry for your loss but hey, at least someone found a SoJ from your run.

No? Okay. ._.
Your post made me consider leaving some spaces open to pick up stuff from the Ground without having to re-arrange the inventory, perhaps at the expense of up to 50 mf (removing some 7mf charms to prevent such massive accident).

or weakening a bit my char such as removing anni and torch and replacing soj with bk3 or something. I just cant imagine loosing an Anni like that. It would be game quitting

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
@Aegis200 If you are close to other players I would seriously consider that. You don't need all that damage since you are running with other players. I generally leave 3-4 rows open. I still don't get why I opened my inventory now. Since I am pretty sure I had the space to pick up a shield. I just didn't work for some reason.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
Hum, may it be, that you've somehow had that SoJ unequipped in your inventory just blocking the free slots to catch that shield and accidently exchanged it when you placed it by your own? x_x

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
OP
@Fen I honestly think the same atm. I don't know what my ring would be doing in my stash but I don't see any other explanation. I am mostly angry atm. It's never fun to lose an item. Especially an expensive one.
Sysol15 wrote: 2 years ago
This is just copy/paste from the guy who lost Grief. Now everyone will lose something xDDD
Let's not start with that train of logic. I like to subscribe to the idea that no one is that petty, immature, and manipulative. The worth of individual honor is immeasurable.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...