Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
47 replies   3976 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Also, you found an awesome bug in the game!
Poison Javelin
's damage calculation is busted such when you go over lvl 36, the min damage is actually higher than the max damage!

You can see this on d2planner, but it occur's in the game tooltips too. Crazy.

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@SudoDragon Uhm... what? How can my values be wrong if I got them ingame?

Blaze
's fire duration on my sheet has 4.6 at Lv. 1, just like ingame. Your sheet has 3.6.

Dim Vision
's duration on my sheet has 1.7, just like ingame (Hell mode). Your sheet has 7. (Normal mode)

Fire Wall
's length on my sheet has 4, just like ingame (rounded down). Your sheet has 4.6 (even if it was 4.9, D2 will always round it down. only a few modifiers don't follow this rule)

Yes, I'm using 1.14d
And I made an exact copy of your sheet to work on.

I dunno what to tell you.
One of us is doing something wrong.

SudoDragon wrote: 2 years ago
Poison Javelin
's damage calculation is busted such when you go over lvl 36, the min damage is actually higher than the max damage!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of dmg does it ingame? The min or the max dmg value?
Hey very sorry for my last post @
Stormlash
, you're right on all counts - I clearly made a number of careless mistakes there while rushing through it this morning. I somehow misread
Blaze
's value as "next level" when looking in game, saw the decimal on firewall's duration (rather than length), etc. Really my bad and I didn't mean to point fingers.

I looked at each again (and a couple of others) and yes I agree your sheet should be the gold standard. In fact, you flagging up these discrepancies will help me fix a number of bugs in the skill calculator as well. Hopefully despite the errors this sheet helped speed up your work in checking these!

Regarding
Dim Vision
- I hadn't realised that curse duration got scaled back in Hell mode (there's nothing obvious in the game files to flag this up). Is this just a multiplier applied to curses, or does it affect other skills as well? I'm aware of the differences for minion skills, as their damage/life is very clearly split by difficulty in the game files, but I'm curious if I've missed some others.
Ethegro wrote: 2 years ago
SudoDragon wrote: 2 years ago
Poison Javelin

Just out of curiosity, what kind of dmg does it ingame? The min or the max dmg value?
Interesting question - I'm not sure really and I don't know how we'd go about testing it. Maybe someone with modding experience could weigh in on this one. I did use the skill a few times in its bugged state to see if anything weird happened, but nothing obvious.

Stormlash 344Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
@SudoDragon It's all good man. You did most of the work and I really can't thank you enough. I just double checked every single value and it was soooooooo much faster cuz I didn't have to type anything, for the most part ;)

Regarding to curse durations, yes, some of them have different values, depending on the difficulty. I believe
Confuse
and
Attract
follow the same rule as
Dim Vision
(the left side curses on the Curses Tab)

OP

Teebling 5837Admin

Europe PC
Thanks guys for the dilligence that has gone into this. Tbh it’s great to see you all working together to make this possible - will be great to see these accurate values available for the database. Can’t wait to get this all imported and noted on the sheet we’ll use for the contribs.

Tavron 133

Paladin Europe PC
Wow @SudoDragon @
Stormlash
, you guys are rocking on with that sheet, good work! Been on summer vacation, but I'm back to help out if more is needed on the sheet. If not I'll be ready to port over the skill values to the website when it's time :)

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation