45 replies   6838 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Darq 86

Amazon Europe PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Voyager2k10 wrote: 2 years ago
Following the argument here rushing is then also "Lmao, let others play the game for you" ?
Thats what we call a strawman argument. You're taking something separate and attempting to make them equal when they clearly aren't. Several parts of the game become frustrating or boring, like parts of Act 2 and 3. And in D2 you are forced to play through the game 3 times in a row. So people like to get rushed through various difficulties or acts so they can continue the hunt for more items. The entire point of the game. Buying items undermines the entire point of playing in D2 since there are no raids, battlegrounds or dungeons. the endgame, or entire game, IS getting the items.
I don't call that a strawman argument because that is a question. Arguments and questions are not the same. I don't find your arguement very convincing simple we have a diffent understanding what is boring in that game. For me is farming for items absolutly boring but playing a new character with complete different build is not. Thats why i never rush. Your argument is tied your preferences.
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago
What really cracks me up on these sites tho is that you can buy like shit tier runes for a couple pennies. Like who is busting out there credit card to spend 12¢ on an
Eld
rune? $1100 bucks for a 20/20 anni!? Excuse me while i go blow almost my entire paycheck for an item in a game you probably won’t be playing in a year or two from now. Just bonkers.
What you don't understand is that there are people spending tens of thousands on games. I have played android games where server top players throw some 3,000USD at it WEEKLY. It is crazy, they must have unlimited disposable income. But these people exist.

Plus, some people can probably make more money out of it.

But not my business how people spend their money. I try to be more focused on my own behavior than mind others.
There are whales who spend tens of thousands of dollars on mobile games. $1200 on an annhi is normal for a whale.

But yes, I agree it's ridiculous. It's also similarly ridiculous to buy a $15,000 Rolex when it all does it for you is tell you the time much in the same way a Casio watch does.
How much is your time worth? Thats the real question.... Say I work 10/hrs a day 5 days a week making $25/hr (plus OT for every hour past 40). I want to game but have other time obligations.... (wife) If I spend $25 on an item to save me 100 hours of grinding it would be worth it. (I haven't bought anything from d2r but have considered it until I saw what people were asking).
I was never a big fan of p2w. Im not against it though, everyone choose their way. I just think the journey is more important than the goal in most of the games. If you dont have the time to play, just dont do it. This game is fast, you need to react fast and d2 in opposite to d3 requires some skill and tactics for different areas. You wont get it by buying Enigma and
Shako
or full toon.
Next, doing just
Baal
runs is the most boring thing ever in this game unfortunatelly. I always try to do something more like kill nihla at least.
The feeling of finding
Jah
or
Ber
after doing hundreds of runs is the best. Thats the reward in this game. Although i still say RNG jesus is cruel.

Anyway, was this topic meant to discuss real money usage in game or just author was curious did someone really paid 200 usd for Enigma ? :D

In september i stumbled onto some page while looking through google and i saw like
Tal
armor or Enigma for 200$ usd. My eyes almost poped. Well, after couple of days all the prices were halved down. This market is fast, but also i thought there was not much interest.

Gorpyr#2305
$80 is not surprising for me.
Back in the days of D3 RMHA I sold items for $250 a piece, and that's just because that was the maximum the platform allowed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...