Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   289 views

Description

I know that "/players X" works in single player (offline) but is there a reason that it doesn't in online mode? I've been solo grinding and it's getting really really really slow in the 90s to farm on effectively "/players 1".

Is there some way to "split farm" in multiplayer games (e.g. I farm
Chaos Sanctuary
while someone farms
Baal
or keys?).

It also doesn't help that the lobby names are essentially encrypted to me with things like "fohchaos134", "cow523", or "d2honorbaal74"... like what do these codes mean?

The most I can decipher are lobbies named "xxx 4 yyy" as trades (as well as the WTS, WTB, LF, lobbies). Why is there description limitation of like 20 letters? It feels like D2:**resurrected** is basically a
Zombie
with 1999 back-end code.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know that "/players X" works in single player (offline) but is there a reason that it doesn't in online mode? I've been solo grinding and it's getting really really really slow in the 90s to farm on effectively "/players 1".

Chaos Sanctuary
while someone farms
Baal
or keys?).

It also doesn't help that the lobby names are essentially encrypted to me with things like "fohchaos134", "cow523", or "d2honorbaal74"... like what do these codes mean?

The most I can decipher are lobbies named "xxx 4 yyy" as trades (as well as the WTS, WTB, LF, lobbies). Why is there description limitation of like 20 letters? It feels like D2:**resurrected** is basically a
Zombie
with 1999 back-end code.

ShadowHeart 2591Moderator

Europe PC
Iria wrote: 2 weeks ago
I never worked online in LoD either, it was always an offline thing (it worked in TCP/IP multiplayer in LoD, but never on B.Net). I don't think they will ever change it as it disincentivizes group play. Some people get around this restriction by having multiple accounts (multiboxing) to essentially run p3/p5 (or even more) on their own.

Chaos Sanctuary
while someone farms
Baal
or keys?).
Yes, some people do this. The concept is often referred to as "split MF" or "split farming". It means that you join the same game and run different areas - you play multiplayer but solo. You can search specifically for games with the word "split" or "mf" in the name. If you join a game and someone is already running the area you want to, you should either pick another area or join a different host (the host typically creates a series of similarly named games, just with different numbers at the end).

Game names can be like "I TZ U SPLIT" (the host runs the current TZ alone, and anyone who joins farm somewhere else), "I TZ U MF" (same), "I CS U MF" (the host runs CS,
Chaos Sanctuary
, alone and anyone who joins farm somewhere else), "I BAAL U MF" (the host runs WSK alone, anyone who joins farm somewhere else). You can use the same nomenclature for any area or type of farm, just need to be short and concise. If you make your own series of runs be prepared that some people might join and either not understand the concept or pretend not to until told to farm somewhere else. It happens. But you're also likely to get the same group of people coming back each new game, though it might be hard to maintain a group larger than 3 or 5 over a long series of games.

You just kind of need to learn the abbreviations/acronyms. Game names only allow 15 characters and you need at least 2 or 3 for the series number at the end, so you're severly limited in what you can put in there.

Split = see above
MF = magic finding (can just as well just refer to farming in general in this case)
TZ = Terrorized Zones
CS =
Chaos Sanctuary

Chaos =
Chaos Sanctuary

AS =
Arcane Sanctuary

WSK = Worldstone Keep, the final area of the game where you find
Baal
at the end
Baal
= self explanatory
Cow =
Secret Cow Level

Trist =
Tristram

Tomb =
Tal Rasha's Tomb

d2honor = An RMT (real money trading) website that run open bot hosted games
Tele =
Teleport
, usually combined like "telebaal", "itelebaal", "utelebaal", "u-tele-i-bo" to indicate who is expected to
Teleport
to the target
Walk = Usually means the host is unable to
Teleport
so the idea is that everyone walks/runs on foot to the target location together
BO =
Battle Orders
, a barbarian skill
FoH =
Fist of the Heavens
, a paladin skill, used to differentiate the game name from other runs of the same type (like Chaos)

The number at the end is the run number in the same series of games. A host typically reserves 2 or 3 digits for the run number. The first game they host ends with 01, the next one ends with 02, and so on, however long they keep going.

"fohchaos134" would be the host's 134th straight
Chaos Sanctuary
run (assuming they started at "fohchaos001").
"cow523" would be the host's 523rd straight
Secret Cow Level
run (assuming they started at "cow001").
"d2honorbaal74" would be d2honor RMT site's bot hosted
Baal
run #74.

If the game name doesn't say "split" or "I <do x> U <do y>", then it's meant to be joint farming, though you may still have people join and run solo in a completely different area.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3706Moderator

PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 2 weeks ago
[..]
FoH =
Fist of the Heavens
, a paladin skill, but I'm not sure why someone would put it in the game name to be perfectly honest
[..]
Because solely naming your runs by the zone tends to create instant conflict with other people's runs, messing the counts/game creation up for everyone.
Can't all be Chaos01 after all. :)

fohchaos is just another alternative to javachaos, speedchaos, telechaos, gochaos, billybobandpeggiesuechaos, ...

ShadowHeart 2591Moderator

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 weeks ago
[..]
FoH =
Fist of the Heavens
, a paladin skill, but I'm not sure why someone would put it in the game name to be perfectly honest
[..]
Because solely naming your runs by the zone tends to create instant conflict with other people's runs, messing the counts/game creation up for everyone.
Can't all be Chaos01 after all. :)

fohchaos is just another alternative to javachaos, speedchaos, telechaos, gochaos, billybobandpeggiesuechaos, ...
Ah, fair, good point!

I edited my post with that info (also added some more acronyms/abbreviations).

Also.... billybobandpeggiesuechaos... 😂👌

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
Also.... billybobandpeggiesuechaos... 😂👌
I was about to say that about the Chaos game name too, but you were quicker :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation