Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   2769 views

Description

Hi all,
I have a lightning sorc (lvl 90) that I do most my MFing with. She can handle solo Chaos/wsk with relative ease on p1 but can sometimes also get hit around pretty hard. I have a few questions about gear and was wondering if anyone has decided to go for a more defensive approach with a lightning sorc.

I am currently at the 105 FCR breakpoint, which is pretty nice, but wondering if I could
Sacrifice
some FCR for defense. My thoughts were this:

Swap out Spirit shield with Sanctuary (I have a good one my Javazon uses, for resistance and blocking) or some other shield like an SS, and swap out Enigma for Chains of Honor (also high res). I really only use Enigma here because of the extra strength bonus to help with the Spirit strength requirement. Also thinking of swapping Hoto for Eschuta's for the -lightning percent if I go with COA/Sanctuary cus I will probably have all the resists covered from those 2, and won't need the resists from Hoto.

A worry of mine is losing out on the FHR that Spirit gives, and the +2 all skills helps with adding to BO from CTA.

My current MF is 275, which seems fine so far. Anyways, just wondering how other people built their light sorcs for MF, and also wondering if I should just use her mainly to do Meph/
Baal
and use Javazon for cows/Chaos/wsk. Thanks everyone!

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all,
I have a lightning sorc (lvl 90) that I do most my MFing with. She can handle solo Chaos/wsk with relative ease on p1 but can sometimes also get hit around pretty hard. I have a few questions about gear and was wondering if anyone has decided to go for a more defensive approach with a lightning sorc.

I am currently at the 105 FCR breakpoint, which is pretty nice, but wondering if I could
Sacrifice
some FCR for defense. My thoughts were this:

Swap out Spirit shield with Sanctuary (I have a good one my Javazon uses, for resistance and blocking) or some other shield like an SS, and swap out Enigma for Chains of Honor (also high res). I really only use Enigma here because of the extra strength bonus to help with the Spirit strength requirement. Also thinking of swapping Hoto for Eschuta's for the -lightning percent if I go with COA/Sanctuary cus I will probably have all the resists covered from those 2, and won't need the resists from Hoto.

A worry of mine is losing out on the FHR that Spirit gives, and the +2 all skills helps with adding to BO from CTA.

My current MF is 275, which seems fine so far. Anyways, just wondering how other people built their light sorcs for MF, and also wondering if I should just use her mainly to do Meph/
Baal
and use Javazon for cows/Chaos/wsk. Thanks everyone!

Generally looking for runes and PGems - feel free to check out my other items!
Usually play on PS4 but can be on PC to trade in the evenings (PST)
You actually want 117% fcr for lightning. 105% is just for
Teleport

I'm assuming you have Infinity on your merc if you're running Chaos and wsk.

Anyway, I run 3 piece
Tal
's,
Shako
with a ptopaz, 37 hoto, Spirit,
Magefist
, war travs, 10 fcr ring with fire resist, nagel, and a decent sorc torch. I have mainly mf charms, some with whatever resistances I'm low on.

My MF is over 400 and my resists are all maxed except for poison and I'm still hitting the 117 fcr breakpoint for lightning. So yeah, I'm hitting all areas with ease and can take a couple combined blasts of lightning from the Black souls without dying.
OP
Thanks for the response. I didn't know 105 was just for
Teleport
so thanks for that. When you say 3 piece tals is that armor, ammy, and
Belt
?

And yeah I do have Infinity on merc which makes solo Chaos and wsk doable for sure.

Generally looking for runes and PGems - feel free to check out my other items!
Usually play on PS4 but can be on PC to trade in the evenings (PST)
yes, that's the right pieces.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation