Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   2519 views

Description

I noticed that selling items seems to be quite difficult these days.
I tried to sell a Grief (385/40) and got basically no offers at all in days aside from some lowballing like
Ohm
or
Lo

trying to sell a Faith gmb with 0 offers (on 3 websites), while i am trying to sell it even below the cost.

I sold those items before several times already and got plenty of offers very quickly.

did the trading massively slow down for you guys as well?
Description by Durok

Can be used to make Runewords:

Durok 11

PC
I tried to sell a Grief (385/40) and got basically no offers at all in days aside from some lowballing like
Ohm
or
Lo

trying to sell a Faith gmb with 0 offers (on 3 websites), while i am trying to sell it even below the cost.

I sold those items before several times already and got plenty of offers very quickly.

I think it's a combination of PTR plus people holding their breath for 2.4 and ladder.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
Durok wrote: 2 years ago
Ohm
or
Lo

The player base is shrunk for non-ladder play, as most of the people achieved stable goals. Perhaps selling directly in-game may help.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Everyone is waiting for ladder or is play PTR atm.
OP

Durok 11

PC
xSD wrote: 2 years ago
Everyone is waiting for ladder
but meanwhile seeing lots of people saying no incentive to play ladder
xSD wrote: 2 years ago
play PTR atm.
I don't think that is it because trading doesn't need you to actively login or anything. I trade on the side through websites and only login if I found a buyer. (no time to play atm)

Maybe most people just got most their gear or quit already. Would be quite sad if the game is dead already in so short time :x

Schnorki 3210Moderator

PC
Many people got all of their base gear and only go after perfect rolls by now or very few rarer pieces to fill the gaps. So even with high rolls, you have an ever shrinking audience because high just isn't quite perfect. At the same time, you have more competition because those same people start selling their previous high rolls after getting their perfect one.

What I did notice is that attempted buying of more niche items (including non-perfect ones) became absurd here in a few cases with folks suddenly asking for 10-20x or more of the historic pricing here and/or the still current in-game pricing. Actually went back to getting those in-game by now which..is just annoying.

Asha 352

Sorceress Europe PC
Ohm
or
Lo

In case of your Grief - it's sort of logical, actually. Grief is either: 1) you roll yourself if you got a
Lo
; 2) you try to resell with profit if it rolls high enough; 3) you use it if it rolls poorly; 4) you wtb for cheap in case you don't have a
Lo

y2kid 109

PC
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Ohm
or
Lo

In case of your Grief - it's sort of logical, actually. Grief is either: 1) you roll yourself if you got a
Lo
; 2) you try to resell with profit if it rolls high enough; 3) you use it if it rolls poorly; 4) you wtb for cheap in case you don't have a
Lo
Correct me if I am wrong but he did get a 15 off perfect roll, which should be worth
Lo
+ for sure Maybe not quite
Ber
but
Lo
Vex
at least

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Things are very slow at the moment yes.
Getting silly silly offers for really really good items
@y2kid In a vacuum, yes. There is way too many Grief
Phase Blade
on the market for one at above average roll to stand out with a price above
Lo

This is the same as with CtAs - if you roll below 6/4/X (a great roll by itself, and after the 2.4 hits where the duration for BO and BC becomes the same, it won't get more expensive than 4/4/X) you will be hard-pressed to get anything close to the runes inside. If you want more than that of course the sale will therefore be even slower, if at all.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Asha 352

Sorceress Europe PC
y2kid wrote: 2 years ago
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Ohm
or
Lo

Lo
Lo
Correct me if I am wrong but he did get a 15 off perfect roll, which should be worth
Lo
+ for sure Maybe not quite
Ber
but
Lo
Vex
at least
Lo
+
Vex
is too cheap for such a Grief. Wouldn't sell 40/385 roll even for 2x
Lo
myself, tbh. Perhaps even demanded
Jah
or
Ber
- I'm never givin away good rolls for cheap 🙂
@Asha Depends on the base - if it's
Colossus Blade
, it's amazing. If it's
Berserker Axe
, it's good. If it's
Phase Blade
it's ok in a sea of oks because the IAS roll on PB literally doesn't matter. A 30/400 is better than 40/399.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
Ohm
or
Lo

Yes, trades have slowed down for me too. There was always lots of grinding early on when ladder starts and then slows down once people compete builds and move on to other games for a little while. Another thing I've noticed is people quitting because they got scammed, or people being jerks online. If some people weren't toxic aholes, there would be more players as well. (For example.... lvl 95 followed my
Baal
runs until I changed the name, hostiling and killing everyone just before
Baal
so they could get the loot... this is just a recent example there are far worse things out there :/)
Botting. - I won't be posting any links: But The Bot Farms Are In Action.
Herbalicious wrote: 2 years ago
Botting. - I won't be posting any links: But The Bot Farms Are In Action.
True, I had 4 bots join my
Baal
runs the other day. Just idle at the tp once opened and they all had the same name with a different letter at the end...
I think it is mostly that people have reached their gear goals so there is no need to heavily trade. When the game launched, items would go immediately. Now that everyone has the basic version, the only things selling are the perfect rolls to a select few that can afford them and care enough to pay.

Trading in game is a joke. It has been for weeks. Either no one wants the items, or they low ball, or they laugh at fair listed prices.
Game is dead right now. There's hardly anyone on.

Most people quit weeks ago to wait for ladder or are trying out builds on PTR.
OP

Durok 11

PC
mh if that is the case i dont think ladder play will last very long either. of course i expect 2-3 weeks heavy activity but i can see that many people dont want to farm everything again given the low drop rates.

i for one only got my "big gear" due to early trading. if i would need to find everything myself because there are no trades, i guess i might quit as well. i unfortunately have not the time to farm so much that i could drop some high runes
mh if that is the case i dont think ladder play will last very long either. of course i expect 2-3 weeks heavy activity but i can see that many people dont want to farm everything again given the low drop rates.

i for one only got my "big gear" due to early trading. if i would need to find everything myself because there are no trades, i guess i might quit as well. i unfortunately have not the time to farm so much that i could drop some high runes
I think it's worth noting that I've had, and I've heard of others having, more and better drops on D2R than many years' worth on legacy bnet and LOD. Diablo is an inherently grindy game, by intentional design, and maybe that isn't for everyone. But I wouldn't call the drop rate low, and I wouldn't fault the trade market for any fluctuations in economy. Ladder turnover is always like this. I think it's amazing we have resources like PTR and sites like d2io, not to mention all the creative content ideas that generate these days through YouTube etc. There was nothing like that 20 years ago. For me it's a really, really exciting time to be playing Diablo.

TL;DR: The trades will come back. If the present lull is offputting, then I probably would say yeah, okay, you might want to look for a different kind of game experience. I went literal months without getting godly drops in the 2000s. I think the current situation is pretty good.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP

Durok 11

PC
By no mean i was complaining about the drop rate. I just dont have the time anymore like 20 years ago.
while i think many people experience better drops with d2r, i dont think it is because of the drop rate. people just play more effectively these days and others (like me) stopped playing d2 lod before the rune drop buff.
I stopped with 1.11 and have never seen any rune above
Ist
at that point.
in d2r i got 2
Gul
, 1
Jah
and 1
Ohm
. while that is great and all, my equipment is worth about 6-8
Ber
runes atm because i traded up :)

but the drop rate is very low because about 99% of the items are useless now and that makes it difficult. in the beginning, the drop rate feels very high because all uniques have value, but shortly after there are like 10 items left in the game with value apart from crazy charms, jewels and circlets that have very low roll chances

i am not looking to improve drops. the drop rates are made this way because trading exist and for me the most fun in this game is actually trading for awesome items because how likely is it for you to find a 20|15 griffon or a 3/20/20 or a jmod? you might as well never ever find one.
probably a reason why yhe grailers never include the real valuable items and just go for the basics even with terrible rolls and even that takes month while they are literally no lifeing 12h a day pits.

so if trading is dead, bnet is basically a glorified single player witb bad connection.

so i do hope people come back to the game because i cannot play this as single player :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation