Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   15738 views

Description

Gambling Guide by Hastmannen
Compiled by Fellowship

The complete overview guide to Gambling in Diablo 2 and PoD.
Introduction

Gambling is not only a fun way to spend your gold, it is also the best way in game to get certain types of items. It isnt supervaluable in terms of efficiency (high runes/hours) but it does offer you the option to quickly gain large amount of magic / rare items.

If anyone finds anything that isnt correct in this guide, please msg me so I can correct it. Either here on reddit, or on trade site (hastmannen), or on discord, hastmannen#5902.

The guide isnt 100% finished, but I post this now so I can get feedback on stuff i forgot or havent included.

What this guide contains

Introduction

What this guide contains

Basic facts about gambling - In depth

Why should I gamble, for what reasons?

What Items do I want to gamble? What clvl is the optimal clvl to gamble certain items?

How fast can you Gamble and how to gamble fast - In game video footage

In depth examples of gambling Uniques - why its not worth it,
Frostburn
Bloodletter
and Tyraels Might

Myths about gambling - complete Q&A

Affix - what items can you gamble and when and what cant you gamble and useful websites

Thanks and Credits - contact me

Basic facts about gambling

Terms to know about

ilvl = itemlevel

clvl= characterlevel

alvl= affixlevel

qlvl= quality lvl

Facts about the gambling window

There are always 14 items present in the gambling window, and those items vary depending on your clvl up to clvl 57, when all items that you can gamble always have the possibility to show up.

What items will appear in the window is completely random except for 1 thing - the gambling window will always have at least 1 amulet and at least 1 ring. Other than that, the remaining 12 items can be anything which you may roll at your clvl (see affix).

Furthermore, prices on all items (except rings, always 50000 and amulets, always 65000) increase with each clvl. If anyone knows exactly how much the prices increases, please contact me, otherwise I have to investigate it myself.

The gambling window won't be refreshed if another player is standing at the same NPC holding either shopping or gambling window open.

The prices can be affected by
Gheed's Fortune
, grand charm, 10-15 % https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Gheed's_Fortune

The prices can also be affected by Edge Runeword https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Edge_Rune_Word

If you are gambling large amounts these are mandatory.

You cannot gamble Ethereal (
Eth
) items, unless they are unique items with the ethereal mod.

When and where can I gamble?

Gambling can be done from 1 vendor in each act. Act 1 have Gheeds, act 2 have
Elzix
, act 3 have
Alkor
, act 4 have
Jamella
and act 5 have
Nihlathak
before you rescued
Anya
(quest 3), and
Anya
as soon as she is rescued. It doesnt matter what vendor you chose to gamble from, it doesn't improve your chance in any way, neither does the difficulty (normal, nightmare, hell) impact. Most people gamble on Hell because you will get maximum gold back when you sell your items.

The only thing that impacts what you can gamble and at what price is your clvl.
The itemlevel of items you gamble is clvl -5 to +4. You will always gamble items within this interval. This means that if you are clvl 90, you will gamble items with itemlevel 85 to itemlevel 94. What itemlevel an individual piece will have is completely random, 1/10 chance.
At clvl 57+, you will always be able to gamble all different (normal) item types. Exceptional Quality and Elite Quality items follow 2 different equations in order to determine at what likelyhood (if any) your item will be of better quality than normal. So lets take both of these things, 1 at a time.

Before clvl 57, you won't see all different types of items always appear in the gambling window. In the affix section is the complete table of all items and at what ilvl they will appear. I also compiled a list of what items that cannot be gambled. For logical reasons, there is a minimum itemlevel of 5 of all items in the gambling window.

What are the probabilities of gambling magic, rare, set and uniques?

Unique: 1/2000 (.05%)

Set: 2/2000 (.1%)

Rare: 200/2000 (10%)

Magical: 1797/2000 (89,85%)

Remember, though, that this is after the The equations for exceptional upgrade and Elite Upgrades Happened as explained below.

How is it determined what item I will get?

The game does a number of different rolls before it finally determines what you will get.

First the game rolls for Ilvl for all 14 items (12 items + 1 amulet and 1 ring)

Then the game rolls what item type it will be, depending on the ilvl.

If the ilvl is high enough to roll exceptional or elite upgrades of that item type, the game will do that. There are 2 seperate equations for exceptional and Elite upgrades. See below.

Finally, when item type, ilvl and quality type is determined, the game will roll for rarity. After the inital 2 rolls, the above chances are used to determine rarity.

The equations for exceptional quality and elite quality upgrades are:

Exceptional upgrade: (Ilvl-qlvl)*0,9%+1%)

Elite Upgrade: (Ilvl-qlvl)*0,33%+1%)

Why should I gamble, for what reason?

Since PoD has improved drop chances of high runes and that it drops more items in general, it is not as viable to gamble here in order to become "rich" in the sense of value in Hrs (high runes). There is one mitigating factor, and that is that PoDs goldfind vastly outnumbers vanillas, but I wouldnt say this is good enough for it to justify gambling in order to increase your general Wealth.

For money grabbers, there really only is 1 situation where it might be justifiable to do large amounts of gambling, and that is exactly at ladder reset. If you are first on ladder to pump out +3 amus that could maybe be justified in terms of "richness"but I would definitely argue that going for a magic find barb and stomp
Travincal
faster and with more mf would definitely generate larger amounts of income.

So why would we want to gamble in PoD?

Well, there are 3 reasons as far as i'm concerned.

For crafting materials.

For high chance to get gg magical and rare items (together with rerolling magical items with pgems and rare items with pskulls)

To get items for LLD (Low Level Duels).

What Items do I want to gamble and of what rarity and why?

So ill split up this post into 2 different areas, 1 for regular items of value and crafting gear, and 1 area for lld-items.

But before we get into that, a lot of items have a lot of different optimal clvls depending on what you want.

I will make a seperate guide of what types of amulets/circlets and
Boots
what you want to save. I will hopefully post it as soon as possible.

Regular Items of Value

Item Optimal Clvl for gambling
Magical circlets for +3 skills prefix + suffix 62
Magical Coronets for +3 skills prefix + suffix 53
Magical
Tiara
(upgraded
Coronet
) for +3 prefix+suffix 99
Magical
Diadem
(upgraded
Coronet
) for +3 prefix + suffix 99
Magical Amulets for +3 skills + suffix 65
Rare circlets +2 charskills 92+
Rare coronets +2 charskills 87+
Rare normal quality
Boots
for trires + 30 frw 55
Rare exceptional quality
Boots
for trires + 30 frw 99 (as high as possible)
Rare
Crystal Sword
fools + ias 60
Rare
Military Pick
fools + ias 64
If you are gambling for magic circlets and
Coronet
, remember that only coronets can be upgraded in gambling window into
Tiara
/diadems. Circlets will always remain circlets, which means that if you corrupt them their maximum possible sockets is 2. Coronets also have a maximum possible sockets of 2.

Magical Coronets however, if upgraded in gambling window to Magical
Tiara
(exceptional quality) or Magical
Diadem
(elite quality) will have a chance to roll 3 sockets if corrupted. Only corrupt magical tiaras/diadems. If you get a good magical
Circlet
/
Coronet
don't corrupt it to get sockets, use the socket quest at
Larzuk
Larzuk
has a 50% chance of giving you 2 sockets, while corrupting only has a 1/6 (16,66%) chance to get 2 sockets. If you were to get a good rare
Circlet
or
Coronet
upgrade both
Circlet
/
Coronet
in cube (
Ral
rune +
Thul
rune + perfect ametyst) to get a
Tiara
(exceptional quality) to roll for 3 sockets.

What affixes should I look out for?

Check my other guide regarding what affixes to look out for in rare, magical and crafted items here:

How to figure out what affixes you are optimizing for and what clvl to be to optimize the chance to get what you want, and the chance to get what you want.
For gambling all Exceptional and Elite quality rare and magical items, it is almost always (I havent counted on it all, but I would say 99%) to be as high clvl as possible for as high chance as possible to roll exceptional/elite quality compared to the amount of new affixes said item gets after certain clvls. Whats following below only applies to normal quality items. However, if you have any doubts, do the calculation below.
Example - Rare
Crystal Sword
with 40 ias.

Go to https://diablo3.ingame.de/diablodb/affi ... &patch=111

Find the item you are intending on gambling, and then choose the specific item type (normal/exceptional/elite) quality. Let ilvl be 99 so you can find the affix.

With trial and error, learn at what ilvl the alvl coincides with what you are looking for ( for 40 ias
Crystal Sword
, a suffix, alvl 46, i arbitrarly try ilvl 70 which results in alvl 65. I retry with ilvl 50 which renders alvl 45, and i retry with ilvl 51 = alvl 46. Then you simply add +5 to that results (remember interval is -5+4) and you have the highest chance possible to gamble that specific affix on that specific item type. That would be clvl 56. Remember, it differs for all item types so you gotta try each and every item seperately due to different qlvl! (except for rings and amulets which have qlvl 1 so ilvl=alvl)

Crafting materials

When it comes to crafting materials in forms of exceptional and elite quality items, they all benefit from higher clvl in regards to the probability when to get them. The higher the clvl the better, simply. Remember though, that if you are crafting, you must always take into account both the ilvl of your item and the clvl of your char to determine affixes. The only thing that doesn't benefit is if you want normal quality magic items, but then gambling is almost never the right choice for you. If you are looking for normal quality magical items for crafting shopping is almost always a better option.

Some bases cannot be shopped, but have to be gambled or found. I've marked these with a *.

*= Bases that cannot be shopped but has to be gambled or found

Item Lowest Clvl possible for gambling (not recommended, get as high clvl as possible!)
Magical
Battle Boots
(
Blood Boots
) 44
Magical
Mirrored Boots
(
Blood Boots
) 75
Magical
Sharkskin Gloves
(
Blood Gloves
) 34
Magical
Vampirebone Gloves
(
Blood Gloves
)* 58
Magical
Mesh Belt
(
Blood Belt
) 38
Magical Mitril Coil (
Blood Belt
)* 69
Magical
Berserker Axe
(
Blood Weapon
) 79
Magical
Demonhide Boots
(
Caster Boots
) 31
Magical
Wyrmhide Boots
(
Caster Boots
)* 54
Magical
Sharkskin Belt
(
Caster Belt
) 34
Magical
Vampirefang Belt
(
Caster Belt
)* 62
Magical
Mage Plate
(caster armor) 55
Magical
Archon Plate
(caster armor)* 78
Magical
War Boots
(
Safety Boots
) 49
Magical
Myrmidon Greaves
(
Safety Boots
) 79
Magical
Dragon Shield
(
Safety Shield
) 40
Magical
Monarch
(
Safety Shield
)* 64

LLD-items - low level duels

Clvl 9 Optimal clvl
Rare Rings and Amus 14
Rare
Bone Shield
Rare
War Axe
46 (for possibly 6 sockets)
Rare
Boots
(Any kind) 22

How fast can you gamble and how to gamble fast - in game video footage

Here is a video of me gambling for roughly 30 minutes, divided up into 2 different videos, where I gamble crystal swords for 943 gambling windows in 30 minutes.

---Part 1

I use a simple 3-step technique that takes 15 seconds to master ;p

Try to position yourself slightly behind or in front of the npc (i prefer behind because I want to move my mouse cursor down, if you want to move mouse cursor up, put yourself in front)

Press The npcs with your mouse and the gambling sign with the mouse.

Once the window is open, scan as quickly as you can and press esc-
Key
while at the same time moving your mouse cursor slightly down/up depending on how you are positioned. Dont use mouse cursor to close gambling window. The goal is to make the npc highlighted as soon as the gambling window closes.

Repeat step 2 and 3 ;p

A minor tip btw: If you are selling items, do it in trade window and not in gambling window. If you accidentally go to fast, you will be able to repurchase items you sold in trade window. IN gambling window, they are lost forever :(

The videos are not the the funnest experience to watch, but you will learn that I was able to perform 943 gambling windows during 30 minutes time. Remember, this included bying and selling crystal swords as well, so it was a regular gambling session.

That however was my absolute fastest, and im very old in age, so after that my brain was completely fucked up for hours lol. I would never have been able to have that speed in longer periods of time. Furthermore, I had roughly 10% faulty, meaning I missed about 10% of all crystal swords simply by going to fast. I also mispressed a couple of times and pressed trading instead of gambling but that is quickly solved

I am sure there are younger players who can keep up at that speed or go faster with 100% accuracy, but for me it was too fast.

I think a reasonable speed would be if you wanna do it for longer periods of time would be 1200-1500 windows / hour, but I wouldnt be surprised if there are players who can go as high as 2000 windows / hour with very good accuracy. It drained me extremely though so, I would just like to lower peoples expectations ;p

Adding to that, there aren't many situations you need to go that fast for longer periods of time. when you gambling for value, like amulets, circlets or even
Boots
, you will use up your money way faster than that. Circlets are slower than amus / rings ofc, but more expensive so you would definitely use up all your money if you doing it at higher lvls. Ill try to add a cost-scheme as well in gold.

The longer periods of time is mostly significant for cheap single-target gambling, like I did above with only gambling crystal swords or items for LLD for example.

In depth examples of gambling Uniques - why it is not worth it to gamble for unique items ,
Frostburn
Bloodletter
and Tyraels Might.

Frostburn

Lets take some practical examples!

We will choose a character at clvl 80 for our first 2 examples, and compare with a character at clvl 99.

Let us assume a specific gambling window as an example. Lets take the normal unique item
Frostburn
, completely arbitrarily.

At clvl 80 you are high enough lvl for that item type to always have a chance to appear in gambling window (clvl 32,
Gauntlets
first appear at ilvl 27), so the chance of it actually appearing in window is 1/125 since we at clvl 80 have all items appear (there are 125 different items you can gamble). Since we have 12 different rolls of 1/125, we get 12/125 chance of 1 of em to be
Gauntlets
, so roughly 10% chance. Remember though, that there is nothing that says you cant get double roll, or triple roll or more of the same item to appear. I dont think there is a limit, but 3 of the same item is the most ive seen. To get 1
Gauntlets
though, its roughly 10%.

SO lets to through all the possible ilvls. We have a ilvl 75-84 roll, and each of those have a different chance to roll Normal
Gauntlets
. Lets take the to extreme values, ilvl 75, and ilvl 84.

If we roll
Gauntlets
with ilvl 75, we first determine the chance to get exceptional upgrade with (ilvl-qlvl*0,9)+1. For 75, that is (75-54 (qlvl of
War Gauntlets
))*0,9+1=19,9% chance. For elite roll we get (ilvl-qlvl)*0,33+1= (75-85)*0,33+1=-2,33%=0. All negative values = 0. So we get a 80,1% chance to roll normal
Gauntlets
at ilvl 75. For ilvl 84, that would be (84-54)*0,9+1=28 + (84-85)*0,33+1= 0,67%= 28,67% chance to get elite or exceptional, meaning at ilvl 84 we have a 71,33% chance to get normal. So the interval for clvl 80 is 71,33%-80,1% chance to roll normal, with an avg of 75,7% chance.

Finally, if we get a normal quality item, there is a 1/2000 chance of getting a unique.

So the total chance on average of getting
Frostburn
at a single given gamble window is 12/125x75,7/100x1/2000=908,4/25 000 000=

1/27520=0,0036%, or, if we assume we get
Gauntlets
in the gambling window, 1/2642= 0,04%
TL:DR - The chance of getting
Frostburn
unique at clvl 80 is 1/27520 in a single gambling window, or 1/2642 if
Gauntlets
appear in the gambling window TL:DR
Bloodletter
(The easiest exceptional unique to gamble) clvl 99

12/125 chance for
Short Sword
to appear in gambling window

Gladius
have qlvl 30, and at ilvl 99 we get (99-30)x0.9+1)= 63,1% chance to upgrade to
Gladius
. 631/10000

1/2000 to get a unique gives us 12/125x6310/10000x1/2000= 1/33 016,3 in a specific gambling window

So if
Short Sword
appears in gambling window we get 6310/10000x1/2000= 1/3169,5
Bloodletter
in a single gambling window is 1/33016 and if
Short Sword
appears in gambling window ts 1/3169. TL:DR

Tyraels Might (On of the most difficult items to gamble)

Lets take another example, now with Tyraels might, since many people ask this.

The lowest clvl that tyraels can appear in the gambling window is 79, and the highest possible clvl you can have in game is 99, so lets compare those 2.

At clvl 79 we got a 1/10 chance of getting high enough ilvl (83) to be able get
Sacred Armor
upgrade.

At clvl 79, we first got a 12/125 chance of
Ancient Armor
appearing.

The chance of getting
Sacred Armor
upgrade (qlvl 85) is with ilvl 83 is:(83-85)x0,33+1)= 0,33% chance (1/333)Then the chance of it being Unique 1/2000And the rarity factor (im not 100% sure this works in gambling, but pretty certain. If anyone knows, pm me). 1/10, roughly.

So the chance to gamble tyrales might at clvl 79 in a single gambling window is: 1/10x12/125x1/333x1/2000x1/10=1/693 750 000 ( in a single gambling window., with rarity factor. 1/ 69 375 000 without rarity factor. 1/66 600 000 if
Ancient Armor
appears in gambling window. (with rarity factor, 1/6 660 000 without)

At clvl 94 and 99 it would be 12/125 for it to appear

At clvl 94 and 99 it would be (94-85)x0,33+1)=3,97%=397/10000 and (99-85)x0,33+1)=5,62% or 562/10000 for it to turn into
Sacred Armor

Then the chance of being unique 1/2000

And the rarity factor 1/10 (roughly)

At Ilvl 94 =12/125x397/10000x1/2000x1/10 4764 = 1/ 5 247 691 for it to appear in a specific gambling window with rarity facot,r and 1/524 769,1 without rarity factor.

At ilvl 94 if
Ancient Armor
appears in window its 1/503 778 with rarity factor, and 1/ 50 377,8 without rarity factor

At ilvl 99= 12/125x562/10000x1/2000x1/10= 1 / 3 706 998 for it to appear in a specific gambling window with rarity factor and 1/ 370 998 without rarity factor

At ilvl 99 if
Ancient Armor
appears in gambling window its 1/ 355 871 with rarity factor and 1/35 587 without.
TL:DR - The chance of gambling Tyraels Might unique at clvl 79 is 1/ 693 750 000 ( or 1/ 69 375 000 without rarity factor) in a single gambling window, or 1/ 66 600 000 (or 1/ 6 660 000 without rarity factor) if
Sacred Armor
appear in the gambling window. The chance of gambling Tyraels might at clvl 99 is 1/ 3 706 998 - 1/ 5 247 691 - in a specific gambling window with rarity factor ( 1/ 370 699,8 - 1/ 524 769 - without rarity factor) or if you get
Ancient Armor
in your window its 1 / 355 981 - 1/503 778 with rarity factor or 1/ 35 587 - 1 / 50 377, 8 without rarity factor TL:DR

Do magic find affect affect gambling?

No, it doesnt. Only Characterlevel affects gambling. (And
Gheed's Fortune
grand charm and Edge Runeword for prices)

Does gambling all the items in window increase chances of getting Uniques/sets?

Gheed's Fortune

Does the difficulty (normal, nightmare, hell) affect gambling chances?

No, it doesnt. Only characterlevel affects gambling. (And
Gheed's Fortune

Does it matter what NPC you gamble at?

Gheed's Fortune

Does the number of players in game affect gambling?

Gheed's Fortune

Can I somehow see if its exceptional or elite quality item before I gamble?

Sry bro, you cant. The only minor disctintion you can make is between circlets and coronets. Both are of normal quality, but only coronets can upgrade to
Tiara
(exceptional quality) and
Diadem
(Elite quality).

Affix - What Items can you gamble when and what items can't you gamble

Items that cannot be gambled

Amazon Javelins, Bows and Spears

Barbarian Helms

Druid Pelts

Necromancers Shrunken Heads

Paladin Shields

Sorceress Orbs

Wands

Scepters

Staves (staffs)

Charms

Jewels

Items that can be gambled and at what ilvl(the minimum ilvl is 5 so at clvl 1 all items from ilvl 1-5 can be gambled)

Ilvl 1 - Amulet, Ring,
Club
Short Sword
Short Bow
Cap
Quilted Armor
Buckler
Javelin
Katar

Ilvl 2 -
Throwing Knife

Ilvl 3 -
Hand Axe
Dagger
Leather Armor
Leather Gloves
Boots
Sash

Ilvl 4 -
Spiked Club

Ilvl 5 -
Scimitar
Spear
Bardiche
Hunter's Bow
Skull Cap
Hard Leather Armor
Small Shield

Ilvl 6 -
Large Axe
Light Crossbow

Ilvl 7 -
Axe
Throwing Axe
Heavy Gloves
Heavy Boots
Light Belt

Ilvl 8 -
Mace
Sabre
, LongBow,
Studded Leather

Ilvl 9 -
Dirk
Trident
Wrist Blade

Ilvl 10 -
Pilum
Two-handed Sword

Ilvl 11 -
Falchion
Crystal Sword
Voulge
Helm
Ring Mail
Large Shield
Spiked Shield

Ilvl 12 -
Broad Axe
Composite Bow
Chain Gloves
Chain Boots
Hatchet Hands
Belt

Ilvl 13 -
Balanced Knife
Claws
Double Axe
Morning Star
Scale Mail

Ilvl 15 -
Broad Sword
Scythe
Crossbow
Full Helm
Chain Mail
Kite Shield
Short Spear
Cestus

Ilvl 16 -
Balanced Axe
Brandistock

Ilvl 17 -
Battle Axe
Claymore
Kris

Ilvl 18 -
Short Battle Bow
Breast Plate

Ilvl 19 -
Military Pick
Flail
Mask
Bone Shield

Ilvl 20 -
Long Sword
Spetum
Splint Mail
Light Gauntlets
Light Plated Boots
Heavy Belt

Ilvl 21 -
Maul
Giant Sword
, Pole
Axe
Blade Talons

Ilvl 22 -
Tower Shield
Bone Helm

Ilvl 23 -
Great Axe
Blade
Long Battle Bow
Great Helm
Glaive

Ilvl 24 -
Bastard Sword
Pike
Heavy Crossbow
Plate Mail
Scissors Katar
Circlet

Ilvl 25 -
War Axe
War Hammer

Ilvl 27 -
Giant Axe
War Sword
Flamberge
Short War Bow
Gauntlets
Greaves
Plated Belt

Ilvl 28 -
Field Plate

Ilvl 29 -
Halberd
Crown
Throwing Spear

Ilvl 30 -
Gothic Shield

Ilvl 31 -
Long War Bow

Ilvl 32 -
Great Maul
Gothic Plate

Ilvl 33 -
Great Sword
Repeating Crossbow

Ilvl 34 -
War Scythe

Ilvl 35 -
Light Plate

Ilvl 37 -
Full Plate Mail

Ilvl 40 -
Ancient Armor

Ilvl 52 -
Coronet

The most important websites - an absolute must to determine at what clvl to gamble.

Affix calculator (for magic, rare and crafting) : https://diablo3.ingame.de/diablodb/affi ... &patch=111

Shopping calculator: http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcarson/shopcalc.html

Crafting recipies
Arreat Summit
: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... tems.shtml

Amount of sockets at what Ilvl: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Sockets

Thanks and credits - contact me

This guide is actually all me, so I would like to thanks myself

If anyone finds anything that isnt correct in this guide, please msg me so I can correct it. Either here on reddit, or on trade site (hastmannen), or on discord, hastmannen#5902.
Description by Fellowship

Can be used to make Runewords:

Gambling Guide by Hastmannen
Compiled by Fellowship

The complete overview guide to Gambling in Diablo 2 and PoD.
Introduction

Gambling is not only a fun way to spend your gold, it is also the best way in game to get certain types of items. It isnt supervaluable in terms of efficiency (high runes/hours) but it does offer you the option to quickly gain large amount of magic / rare items.

The guide isnt 100% finished, but I post this now so I can get feedback on stuff i forgot or havent included.

What this guide contains

Introduction

What this guide contains

Basic facts about gambling - In depth

Why should I gamble, for what reasons?

What Items do I want to gamble? What clvl is the optimal clvl to gamble certain items?

How fast can you Gamble and how to gamble fast - In game video footage

In depth examples of gambling Uniques - why its not worth it,
Frostburn
Bloodletter
and Tyraels Might

Affix - what items can you gamble and when and what cant you gamble and useful websites

Thanks and Credits - contact me

Basic facts about gambling

Terms to know about

ilvl = itemlevel

clvl= characterlevel

alvl= affixlevel

qlvl= quality lvl

Facts about the gambling window

There are always 14 items present in the gambling window, and those items vary depending on your clvl up to clvl 57, when all items that you can gamble always have the possibility to show up.

What items will appear in the window is completely random except for 1 thing - the gambling window will always have at least 1 amulet and at least 1 ring. Other than that, the remaining 12 items can be anything which you may roll at your clvl (see affix).

Furthermore, prices on all items (except rings, always 50000 and amulets, always 65000) increase with each clvl. If anyone knows exactly how much the prices increases, please contact me, otherwise I have to investigate it myself.

The gambling window won't be refreshed if another player is standing at the same NPC holding either shopping or gambling window open.

The prices can be affected by
Gheed's Fortune
, grand charm, 10-15 % https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Gheed's_Fortune

The prices can also be affected by Edge Runeword https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Edge_Rune_Word

If you are gambling large amounts these are mandatory.

You cannot gamble Ethereal (
Eth
) items, unless they are unique items with the ethereal mod.

When and where can I gamble?

Gambling can be done from 1 vendor in each act. Act 1 have Gheeds, act 2 have
Elzix
, act 3 have
Alkor
, act 4 have
Jamella
and act 5 have
Nihlathak
before you rescued
Anya
(quest 3), and
Anya
as soon as she is rescued. It doesnt matter what vendor you chose to gamble from, it doesn't improve your chance in any way, neither does the difficulty (normal, nightmare, hell) impact. Most people gamble on Hell because you will get maximum gold back when you sell your items.

The only thing that impacts what you can gamble and at what price is your clvl.
The itemlevel of items you gamble is clvl -5 to +4. You will always gamble items within this interval. This means that if you are clvl 90, you will gamble items with itemlevel 85 to itemlevel 94. What itemlevel an individual piece will have is completely random, 1/10 chance.
At clvl 57+, you will always be able to gamble all different (normal) item types. Exceptional Quality and Elite Quality items follow 2 different equations in order to determine at what likelyhood (if any) your item will be of better quality than normal. So lets take both of these things, 1 at a time.

Before clvl 57, you won't see all different types of items always appear in the gambling window. In the affix section is the complete table of all items and at what ilvl they will appear. I also compiled a list of what items that cannot be gambled. For logical reasons, there is a minimum itemlevel of 5 of all items in the gambling window.

What are the probabilities of gambling magic, rare, set and uniques?

Unique: 1/2000 (.05%)

Set: 2/2000 (.1%)

Rare: 200/2000 (10%)

Magical: 1797/2000 (89,85%)

Remember, though, that this is after the The equations for exceptional upgrade and Elite Upgrades Happened as explained below.

How is it determined what item I will get?

The game does a number of different rolls before it finally determines what you will get.

First the game rolls for Ilvl for all 14 items (12 items + 1 amulet and 1 ring)

Then the game rolls what item type it will be, depending on the ilvl.

If the ilvl is high enough to roll exceptional or elite upgrades of that item type, the game will do that. There are 2 seperate equations for exceptional and Elite upgrades. See below.

Finally, when item type, ilvl and quality type is determined, the game will roll for rarity. After the inital 2 rolls, the above chances are used to determine rarity.

The equations for exceptional quality and elite quality upgrades are:

Exceptional upgrade: (Ilvl-qlvl)*0,9%+1%)

Elite Upgrade: (Ilvl-qlvl)*0,33%+1%)

Why should I gamble, for what reason?

Since PoD has improved drop chances of high runes and that it drops more items in general, it is not as viable to gamble here in order to become "rich" in the sense of value in Hrs (high runes). There is one mitigating factor, and that is that PoDs goldfind vastly outnumbers vanillas, but I wouldnt say this is good enough for it to justify gambling in order to increase your general Wealth.

For money grabbers, there really only is 1 situation where it might be justifiable to do large amounts of gambling, and that is exactly at ladder reset. If you are first on ladder to pump out +3 amus that could maybe be justified in terms of "richness"but I would definitely argue that going for a magic find barb and stomp
Travincal
faster and with more mf would definitely generate larger amounts of income.

So why would we want to gamble in PoD?

Well, there are 3 reasons as far as i'm concerned.

For crafting materials.

For high chance to get gg magical and rare items (together with rerolling magical items with pgems and rare items with pskulls)

To get items for LLD (Low Level Duels).

What Items do I want to gamble and of what rarity and why?

So ill split up this post into 2 different areas, 1 for regular items of value and crafting gear, and 1 area for lld-items.

But before we get into that, a lot of items have a lot of different optimal clvls depending on what you want.

I will make a seperate guide of what types of amulets/circlets and
Boots
what you want to save. I will hopefully post it as soon as possible.

Regular Items of Value

Item Optimal Clvl for gambling
Magical circlets for +3 skills prefix + suffix 62
Magical Coronets for +3 skills prefix + suffix 53
Magical
Tiara
(upgraded
Coronet
) for +3 prefix+suffix 99
Magical
Diadem
(upgraded
Coronet
) for +3 prefix + suffix 99
Magical Amulets for +3 skills + suffix 65
Rare circlets +2 charskills 92+
Rare coronets +2 charskills 87+
Rare normal quality
Boots
for trires + 30 frw 55
Rare exceptional quality
Boots
for trires + 30 frw 99 (as high as possible)
Rare
Crystal Sword
fools + ias 60
Rare
Military Pick
fools + ias 64
Coronet
Tiara
/diadems. Circlets will always remain circlets, which means that if you corrupt them their maximum possible sockets is 2. Coronets also have a maximum possible sockets of 2.

Tiara
Diadem
(elite quality) will have a chance to roll 3 sockets if corrupted. Only corrupt magical tiaras/diadems. If you get a good magical
Circlet
/
Coronet
Larzuk
Larzuk
has a 50% chance of giving you 2 sockets, while corrupting only has a 1/6 (16,66%) chance to get 2 sockets. If you were to get a good rare
Circlet
or
Coronet
upgrade both
Circlet
/
Coronet
in cube (
Ral
rune +
Thul
Tiara

What affixes should I look out for?

Check my other guide regarding what affixes to look out for in rare, magical and crafted items here:

How to figure out what affixes you are optimizing for and what clvl to be to optimize the chance to get what you want, and the chance to get what you want.
For gambling all Exceptional and Elite quality rare and magical items, it is almost always (I havent counted on it all, but I would say 99%) to be as high clvl as possible for as high chance as possible to roll exceptional/elite quality compared to the amount of new affixes said item gets after certain clvls. Whats following below only applies to normal quality items. However, if you have any doubts, do the calculation below.
Example - Rare
Crystal Sword
with 40 ias.

Go to https://diablo3.ingame.de/diablodb/affi ... &patch=111

Find the item you are intending on gambling, and then choose the specific item type (normal/exceptional/elite) quality. Let ilvl be 99 so you can find the affix.

With trial and error, learn at what ilvl the alvl coincides with what you are looking for ( for 40 ias
Crystal Sword
, a suffix, alvl 46, i arbitrarly try ilvl 70 which results in alvl 65. I retry with ilvl 50 which renders alvl 45, and i retry with ilvl 51 = alvl 46. Then you simply add +5 to that results (remember interval is -5+4) and you have the highest chance possible to gamble that specific affix on that specific item type. That would be clvl 56. Remember, it differs for all item types so you gotta try each and every item seperately due to different qlvl! (except for rings and amulets which have qlvl 1 so ilvl=alvl)

Crafting materials

When it comes to crafting materials in forms of exceptional and elite quality items, they all benefit from higher clvl in regards to the probability when to get them. The higher the clvl the better, simply. Remember though, that if you are crafting, you must always take into account both the ilvl of your item and the clvl of your char to determine affixes. The only thing that doesn't benefit is if you want normal quality magic items, but then gambling is almost never the right choice for you. If you are looking for normal quality magical items for crafting shopping is almost always a better option.

Some bases cannot be shopped, but have to be gambled or found. I've marked these with a *.

*= Bases that cannot be shopped but has to be gambled or found

Item Lowest Clvl possible for gambling (not recommended, get as high clvl as possible!)
Magical
Battle Boots
(
Blood Boots
) 44
Magical
Mirrored Boots
(
Blood Boots
) 75
Magical
Sharkskin Gloves
(
Blood Gloves
) 34
Magical
Vampirebone Gloves
(
Blood Gloves
)* 58
Magical
Mesh Belt
(
Blood Belt
) 38
Magical Mitril Coil (
Blood Belt
)* 69
Magical
Berserker Axe
(
Blood Weapon
) 79
Magical
Demonhide Boots
(
Caster Boots
) 31
Magical
Wyrmhide Boots
(
Caster Boots
)* 54
Magical
Sharkskin Belt
(
Caster Belt
) 34
Magical
Vampirefang Belt
(
Caster Belt
)* 62
Magical
Mage Plate
(caster armor) 55
Magical
Archon Plate
(caster armor)* 78
Magical
War Boots
(
Safety Boots
) 49
Magical
Myrmidon Greaves
(
Safety Boots
) 79
Magical
Dragon Shield
(
Safety Shield
) 40
Magical
Monarch
(
Safety Shield
)* 64

LLD-items - low level duels

Clvl 9 Optimal clvl
Rare Rings and Amus 14
Rare
Bone Shield
Rare
War Axe
46 (for possibly 6 sockets)
Rare
Boots
(Any kind) 22

How fast can you gamble and how to gamble fast - in game video footage

Here is a video of me gambling for roughly 30 minutes, divided up into 2 different videos, where I gamble crystal swords for 943 gambling windows in 30 minutes.

---Part 1

I use a simple 3-step technique that takes 15 seconds to master ;p

Try to position yourself slightly behind or in front of the npc (i prefer behind because I want to move my mouse cursor down, if you want to move mouse cursor up, put yourself in front)

Press The npcs with your mouse and the gambling sign with the mouse.

Once the window is open, scan as quickly as you can and press esc-
Key
while at the same time moving your mouse cursor slightly down/up depending on how you are positioned. Dont use mouse cursor to close gambling window. The goal is to make the npc highlighted as soon as the gambling window closes.

Repeat step 2 and 3 ;p

A minor tip btw: If you are selling items, do it in trade window and not in gambling window. If you accidentally go to fast, you will be able to repurchase items you sold in trade window. IN gambling window, they are lost forever :(

The videos are not the the funnest experience to watch, but you will learn that I was able to perform 943 gambling windows during 30 minutes time. Remember, this included bying and selling crystal swords as well, so it was a regular gambling session.

That however was my absolute fastest, and im very old in age, so after that my brain was completely fucked up for hours lol. I would never have been able to have that speed in longer periods of time. Furthermore, I had roughly 10% faulty, meaning I missed about 10% of all crystal swords simply by going to fast. I also mispressed a couple of times and pressed trading instead of gambling but that is quickly solved

I am sure there are younger players who can keep up at that speed or go faster with 100% accuracy, but for me it was too fast.

I think a reasonable speed would be if you wanna do it for longer periods of time would be 1200-1500 windows / hour, but I wouldnt be surprised if there are players who can go as high as 2000 windows / hour with very good accuracy. It drained me extremely though so, I would just like to lower peoples expectations ;p

Adding to that, there aren't many situations you need to go that fast for longer periods of time. when you gambling for value, like amulets, circlets or even
Boots
, you will use up your money way faster than that. Circlets are slower than amus / rings ofc, but more expensive so you would definitely use up all your money if you doing it at higher lvls. Ill try to add a cost-scheme as well in gold.

The longer periods of time is mostly significant for cheap single-target gambling, like I did above with only gambling crystal swords or items for LLD for example.

In depth examples of gambling Uniques - why it is not worth it to gamble for unique items ,
Frostburn
Bloodletter
and Tyraels Might.

Frostburn

Lets take some practical examples!

We will choose a character at clvl 80 for our first 2 examples, and compare with a character at clvl 99.

Let us assume a specific gambling window as an example. Lets take the normal unique item
Frostburn
, completely arbitrarily.

At clvl 80 you are high enough lvl for that item type to always have a chance to appear in gambling window (clvl 32,
Gauntlets
first appear at ilvl 27), so the chance of it actually appearing in window is 1/125 since we at clvl 80 have all items appear (there are 125 different items you can gamble). Since we have 12 different rolls of 1/125, we get 12/125 chance of 1 of em to be
Gauntlets
, so roughly 10% chance. Remember though, that there is nothing that says you cant get double roll, or triple roll or more of the same item to appear. I dont think there is a limit, but 3 of the same item is the most ive seen. To get 1
Gauntlets
though, its roughly 10%.

SO lets to through all the possible ilvls. We have a ilvl 75-84 roll, and each of those have a different chance to roll Normal
Gauntlets
. Lets take the to extreme values, ilvl 75, and ilvl 84.

If we roll
Gauntlets
with ilvl 75, we first determine the chance to get exceptional upgrade with (ilvl-qlvl*0,9)+1. For 75, that is (75-54 (qlvl of
War Gauntlets
))*0,9+1=19,9% chance. For elite roll we get (ilvl-qlvl)*0,33+1= (75-85)*0,33+1=-2,33%=0. All negative values = 0. So we get a 80,1% chance to roll normal
Gauntlets
at ilvl 75. For ilvl 84, that would be (84-54)*0,9+1=28 + (84-85)*0,33+1= 0,67%= 28,67% chance to get elite or exceptional, meaning at ilvl 84 we have a 71,33% chance to get normal. So the interval for clvl 80 is 71,33%-80,1% chance to roll normal, with an avg of 75,7% chance.

Finally, if we get a normal quality item, there is a 1/2000 chance of getting a unique.

So the total chance on average of getting
Frostburn
at a single given gamble window is 12/125x75,7/100x1/2000=908,4/25 000 000=

1/27520=0,0036%, or, if we assume we get
Gauntlets
in the gambling window, 1/2642= 0,04%
Frostburn
unique at clvl 80 is 1/27520 in a single gambling window, or 1/2642 if
Gauntlets
appear in the gambling window TL:DR
Bloodletter
(The easiest exceptional unique to gamble) clvl 99

12/125 chance for
Short Sword
to appear in gambling window

Gladius
have qlvl 30, and at ilvl 99 we get (99-30)x0.9+1)= 63,1% chance to upgrade to
Gladius
. 631/10000

1/2000 to get a unique gives us 12/125x6310/10000x1/2000= 1/33 016,3 in a specific gambling window

So if
Short Sword
appears in gambling window we get 6310/10000x1/2000= 1/3169,5
Bloodletter
in a single gambling window is 1/33016 and if
Short Sword
appears in gambling window ts 1/3169. TL:DR

Tyraels Might (On of the most difficult items to gamble)

Lets take another example, now with Tyraels might, since many people ask this.

The lowest clvl that tyraels can appear in the gambling window is 79, and the highest possible clvl you can have in game is 99, so lets compare those 2.

At clvl 79 we got a 1/10 chance of getting high enough ilvl (83) to be able get
Sacred Armor
upgrade.

At clvl 79, we first got a 12/125 chance of
Ancient Armor
appearing.

The chance of getting
Sacred Armor
upgrade (qlvl 85) is with ilvl 83 is:(83-85)x0,33+1)= 0,33% chance (1/333)Then the chance of it being Unique 1/2000And the rarity factor (im not 100% sure this works in gambling, but pretty certain. If anyone knows, pm me). 1/10, roughly.

So the chance to gamble tyrales might at clvl 79 in a single gambling window is: 1/10x12/125x1/333x1/2000x1/10=1/693 750 000 ( in a single gambling window., with rarity factor. 1/ 69 375 000 without rarity factor. 1/66 600 000 if
Ancient Armor
appears in gambling window. (with rarity factor, 1/6 660 000 without)

At clvl 94 and 99 it would be 12/125 for it to appear

At clvl 94 and 99 it would be (94-85)x0,33+1)=3,97%=397/10000 and (99-85)x0,33+1)=5,62% or 562/10000 for it to turn into
Sacred Armor

Then the chance of being unique 1/2000

And the rarity factor 1/10 (roughly)

At Ilvl 94 =12/125x397/10000x1/2000x1/10 4764 = 1/ 5 247 691 for it to appear in a specific gambling window with rarity facot,r and 1/524 769,1 without rarity factor.

At ilvl 94 if
Ancient Armor
appears in window its 1/503 778 with rarity factor, and 1/ 50 377,8 without rarity factor

At ilvl 99= 12/125x562/10000x1/2000x1/10= 1 / 3 706 998 for it to appear in a specific gambling window with rarity factor and 1/ 370 998 without rarity factor

At ilvl 99 if
Ancient Armor
appears in gambling window its 1/ 355 871 with rarity factor and 1/35 587 without.
TL:DR - The chance of gambling Tyraels Might unique at clvl 79 is 1/ 693 750 000 ( or 1/ 69 375 000 without rarity factor) in a single gambling window, or 1/ 66 600 000 (or 1/ 6 660 000 without rarity factor) if
Sacred Armor
appear in the gambling window. The chance of gambling Tyraels might at clvl 99 is 1/ 3 706 998 - 1/ 5 247 691 - in a specific gambling window with rarity factor ( 1/ 370 699,8 - 1/ 524 769 - without rarity factor) or if you get
Ancient Armor
in your window its 1 / 355 981 - 1/503 778 with rarity factor or 1/ 35 587 - 1 / 50 377, 8 without rarity factor TL:DR

Do magic find affect affect gambling?

Gheed's Fortune

Does gambling all the items in window increase chances of getting Uniques/sets?

Gheed's Fortune

Does the difficulty (normal, nightmare, hell) affect gambling chances?

Gheed's Fortune

Does it matter what NPC you gamble at?

Gheed's Fortune

Does the number of players in game affect gambling?

Gheed's Fortune

Can I somehow see if its exceptional or elite quality item before I gamble?

Sry bro, you cant. The only minor disctintion you can make is between circlets and coronets. Both are of normal quality, but only coronets can upgrade to
Tiara
(exceptional quality) and
Diadem
(Elite quality).

Affix - What Items can you gamble when and what items can't you gamble

Items that cannot be gambled

Amazon Javelins, Bows and Spears

Barbarian Helms

Druid Pelts

Necromancers Shrunken Heads

Paladin Shields

Sorceress Orbs

Wands

Scepters

Staves (staffs)

Charms

Jewels

Items that can be gambled and at what ilvl(the minimum ilvl is 5 so at clvl 1 all items from ilvl 1-5 can be gambled)

Ilvl 1 - Amulet, Ring,
Club
Short Sword
Short Bow
Cap
Quilted Armor
Buckler
Javelin
Katar

Ilvl 2 -
Throwing Knife

Ilvl 3 -
Hand Axe
Dagger
Leather Armor
Leather Gloves
Boots
Sash

Ilvl 4 -
Spiked Club

Ilvl 5 -
Scimitar
Spear
Bardiche
Hunter's Bow
Skull Cap
Hard Leather Armor
Small Shield

Ilvl 6 -
Large Axe
Light Crossbow

Ilvl 7 -
Axe
Throwing Axe
Heavy Gloves
Heavy Boots
Light Belt

Ilvl 8 -
Mace
Sabre
, LongBow,
Studded Leather

Ilvl 9 -
Dirk
Trident
Wrist Blade

Ilvl 10 -
Pilum
Two-handed Sword

Ilvl 11 -
Falchion
Crystal Sword
Voulge
Helm
Ring Mail
Large Shield
Spiked Shield

Ilvl 12 -
Broad Axe
Composite Bow
Chain Gloves
Chain Boots
Hatchet Hands
Belt

Ilvl 13 -
Balanced Knife
Claws
Double Axe
Morning Star
Scale Mail

Ilvl 15 -
Broad Sword
Scythe
Crossbow
Full Helm
Chain Mail
Kite Shield
Short Spear
Cestus

Ilvl 16 -
Balanced Axe
Brandistock

Ilvl 17 -
Battle Axe
Claymore
Kris

Ilvl 18 -
Short Battle Bow
Breast Plate

Ilvl 19 -
Military Pick
Flail
Mask
Bone Shield

Ilvl 20 -
Long Sword
Spetum
Splint Mail
Light Gauntlets
Light Plated Boots
Heavy Belt

Ilvl 21 -
Maul
Giant Sword
, Pole
Axe
Blade Talons

Ilvl 22 -
Tower Shield
Bone Helm

Ilvl 23 -
Great Axe
Blade
Long Battle Bow
Great Helm
Glaive

Ilvl 24 -
Bastard Sword
Pike
Heavy Crossbow
Plate Mail
Scissors Katar
Circlet

Ilvl 25 -
War Axe
War Hammer

Ilvl 27 -
Giant Axe
War Sword
Flamberge
Short War Bow
Gauntlets
Greaves
Plated Belt

Ilvl 28 -
Field Plate

Ilvl 29 -
Halberd
Crown
Throwing Spear

Ilvl 30 -
Gothic Shield

Ilvl 31 -
Long War Bow

Ilvl 32 -
Great Maul
Gothic Plate

Ilvl 33 -
Great Sword
Repeating Crossbow

Ilvl 34 -
War Scythe

Ilvl 35 -
Light Plate

Ilvl 37 -
Full Plate Mail

Ilvl 40 -
Ancient Armor

Ilvl 52 -
Coronet

The most important websites - an absolute must to determine at what clvl to gamble.

Affix calculator (for magic, rare and crafting) : https://diablo3.ingame.de/diablodb/affi ... &patch=111

Shopping calculator: http://members.iinet.net.au/~dcarson/shopcalc.html

Crafting recipies
Arreat Summit
: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... tems.shtml

Amount of sockets at what Ilvl: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Sockets

Thanks and credits - contact me

This guide is actually all me, so I would like to thanks myself

Ran37 96

Sorceress Americas PC
Wow thanks for putting this together!

- Ran37
What is PoD?
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
What is PoD?
"Path of Diablo", it's a mod. So I'm not sure how accurate this guide is for D2R.

https://pathofdiablo.com/

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3174Moderator

PC
Fellowship wrote: 2 years ago
Coronet
Tiara

Tiara
Diadem
Circlet
/
Coronet
Larzuk
Larzuk
Circlet
or
Coronet
upgrade both
Circlet
/
Coronet
in cube (
Ral
rune +
Thul
Tiara
Two things to note here (since this topic got bumped and this just happened to stand out to me):

1) You don't have to gamble coronets to get a
Tiara
or
Diadem
in D2:R. If you gamble circlets instead (which is the better option as they are significantly cheaper than coronets), then the
Circlet
in your buy window will automatically be replaced with a
Coronet
when it would upgrade (but normally couldn't, due to being a
Circlet
). Buying that particular
Coronet
then guarantees either a
Tiara
or
Diadem
. Afterwards, it will turn back into a
Circlet
until the next time it would randomly upgrade to a
Tiara
or
Diadem
at which point it again becomes a
Coronet
(note: this may happen back to back). As a result, when gambling only circlets and only the coronets that a
Circlet
turns into in the trade window, you get the same tiaras and diadems for less gold while getting circlets on the side (as opposed to coronets on the side for more gold).

2) Corrupting is specific to PoD and similar mods. There's no such thing in original D2 or D2:R. Probably good to know for folks less familiar with that sort of thing. Similarly, the upgrading of rares for more sockets also isn't applicable to D2:R as adding sockets to rares retroactively is limited to 1 socket regardless.
Just want to say i appreciate the effort that went into this.

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Fellowship wrote: 2 years ago
Coronet
Tiara

Tiara
Diadem
Circlet
/
Coronet
Larzuk
Larzuk
Circlet
or
Coronet
upgrade both
Circlet
/
Coronet
in cube (
Ral
rune +
Thul
Tiara
Two things to note here (since this topic got bumped and this just happened to stand out to me):

1) You don't have to gamble coronets to get a
Tiara
or
Diadem
in D2:R. If you gamble circlets instead (which is the better option as they are significantly cheaper than coronets), then the
Circlet
in your buy window will automatically be replaced with a
Coronet
when it would upgrade (but normally couldn't, due to being a
Circlet
). Buying that particular
Coronet
then guarantees either a
Tiara
or
Diadem
. Afterwards, it will turn back into a
Circlet
until the next time it would randomly upgrade to a
Tiara
or
Diadem
at which point it again becomes a
Coronet
(note: this may happen back to back). As a result, when gambling only circlets and only the coronets that a
Circlet
turns into in the trade window, you get the same tiaras and diadems for less gold while getting circlets on the side (as opposed to coronets on the side for more gold).

2) Corrupting is specific to PoD and similar mods. There's no such thing in original D2 or D2:R. Probably good to know for folks less familiar with that sort of thing. Similarly, the upgrading of rares for more sockets also isn't applicable to D2:R as adding sockets to rares retroactively is limited to 1 socket regardless.
cool, I am going to try out this method that you explained in 1)

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...