Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   3464 views

Description

Hey y’all! I’m working on leveling up my Druid at the moment but I wanted to get some opinions on
Oak Sage
vs Wolverine. I am currently level 79 and my hp is around 2400 unbuffed in wolf form.

Secondly, should I have cta / Spirit on swap or a tele staff?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey y’all! I’m working on leveling up my Druid at the moment but I wanted to get some opinions on
Oak Sage
vs Wolverine. I am currently level 79 and my hp is around 2400 unbuffed in wolf form.

Secondly, should I have cta / Spirit on swap or a tele staff?
I use Wolverine for my Fury druid. my HP is 2100 and that does fine for me. If you have CTA you should be more than fine. Just keep an eye out for Max dmg/AR/Life charms
OP
Squanto wrote: 2 years ago
I use Wolverine for my Fury druid. my HP is 2100 and that does fine for me. If you have CTA you should be more than fine. Just keep an eye out for Max dmg/AR/Life charms
Thanks for the Insight
Yeah!
I definitely prefer HoW.
Oak Sage
has quite cool graphics, but what for do you need like 5k life? Strategically, its best to have enough life that you need for 99% of the situations and invest the remaining potential into faster killing, which makes you need even less life.

I would go for CTA/Spirit, if you need it.
You can get
Teleport
from amulets or circlets, if you want to tele but dont want to use a weapon slot for it or dont have Enigma

EDIT: all Rare and Magic Amus and Circlets can roll 25
Teleport
charges. Magic items with that have the suffix "of teleportation".
OP
BigBangoBananaBob wrote: 2 years ago
Yeah!
I definitely prefer HoW.
Oak Sage
has quite cool graphics, but what for do you need like 5k life? Strategically, its best to have enough life that you need for 99% of the situations and invest the remaining potential into faster killing, which makes you need even less life.

I would go for CTA/Spirit, if you need it.
You can get
Teleport
from amulets or circlets, if you want to tele but dont want to use a weapon slot for it or dont have Enigma

EDIT: all Rare and Magic Amus and Circlets can roll 25
Teleport
charges. Magic items with that have the suffix "of teleportation".
Thanks for the tip. I am really liking this build. The one thing I don’t like is the lack of mobility. I am so slow!!! I’m currently using high lords and
Sandstorm Trek
Boots
. Should I consider switching to cats eye amulet for the extra movement speed? Or possibly aldurs
Boots
for the 40% movement speed?
Mobility is a bummer with the build. I run
Gore Rider
Boots
for the 30% speed boost and just keep an eye on
Feral Rage
to make sure it's at max. with charms and such you can really fly through hell difficulty but i find it's almost TOO fast and i have rough time targeting crap.
If you can keep up the big damage by all means, try out mobility increase. charms can help and there is a
Belt
that gives 20% speed increase as well. Its all about what you are comfortable with!
Just to test it, I build a Fury Druid with max run/walk. It can reach over 300%. Not comfortable to play, but there are a lot of options that you can choose to increase your frw while not sacrificing any damage.
You asked for the Cats Eye. Personally, I like that Amu, but I wouldnt go for it on a Shapeshift Druid. The Reason is: the Calculators say, that on a Shapeshift Druid any IAS thats on some non-weapon item has no effect. That means, the only bonuses you get from The Cats Eye are 30%frw and 25Dex, and thats just not enough for an Amu!

Asha 352

Sorceress Europe PC
Just to test it, I build a Fury Druid with max run/walk. It can reach over 300%. Not comfortable to play, but there are a lot of options that you can choose to increase your frw while not sacrificing any damage.
You asked for the Cats Eye. Personally, I like that Amu, but I wouldnt go for it on a Shapeshift Druid. The Reason is: the Calculators say, that on a Shapeshift Druid any IAS thats on some non-weapon item has no effect. That means, the only bonuses you get from The Cats Eye are 30%frw and 25Dex, and thats just not enough for an Amu!
Off-weapon ias actually works on a shifter, don't
Confuse
people. The bear of mine got 2 setups to compare - one is 2x shaeled
Aldur's Rhythm
which gives him 9fpa alone, and another one is 3x shaeled
Aldur's Rhythm
wielded with 30% nonweapon ias (nosfer
Belt
+ lava gloves) - it's 7fpa, and the speed increase is significant in practice.
OP
Thanks for the tips everyone.
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
Off-weapon ias actually works on a shifter, don't
Confuse
people. The bear of mine got 2 setups to compare - one is 2x shaeled
Aldur's Rhythm
which gives him 9fpa alone, and another one is 3x shaeled
Aldur's Rhythm
wielded with 30% nonweapon ias (nosfer
Belt
+ lava gloves) - it's 7fpa, and the speed increase is significant in practice.

Read about the non-weapon IAS somewhere, and what the Calculators said for my build, it was actually true. This was not even a question of Breakpoints. No matter what I did, it even gave out the message "further IAS useless"
Just make sure you run your setup in a Calculator to make sure you actually benefit from your IAS!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation