Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   1873 views

Finished hell on 1st d2r character - javazon. What's next??

No data yet

Description

I searched through the first several pages and didn't see exactly what I'm looking for in an answer. As the topic says, I recently finished up hell on my javazon.
I'm almost 85. I've been doing some hell cow , CS and
Baal
runs mostly. I also will do a run in hell starting with cows and ending with Pindle or
Baal
. I'll do cows, then
Mephisto
, then CS and Diablo then Pindelskin and sometimes
Baal
. With some
Mephisto
and Pindle (done around 125 runs on him) in between when I'm busy irl. I see people talking about Ubers so once I get some keys I'll get into those.

Luckily I found a
Teleport
staff and have been mostly cubing the repairs so I'm still building decent GP to gamble. Here's my gear so far:

P
Topaz
Shako
/
Tal
Mask

All resis amulet (or use 33% MF if only doing Pindle)
A good Titan's and Spirit
Monarch
/Rhyme
Gothic Shield

Peace chest piece
40%
Chance Guards

Goldwrap

2x mana leech rare rings with other stats
War Traveler
Boots

I have some vita charms and resis charms in my inventory but nothing special other than a +20sc. I've gotten a few good drops so far. A vampgaze (on my Merc right now) and
Stormshield
. I also got a skiller charm I traded for the
Shako
. I'll get two dual leech rings once I see some for trade, that's my next short term item I think will help a bunch.

I've been almost exclusively playing online solo. I'm on Xbox and there don't seem to be a bunch of games going on but I want to hit up cows or something with others starting pretty soon.

What should I be focusing on at this point? Getting a higher level? MF cows over and over? MF runs? I'm thinking a grind of cow runs would be pretty good overall it'll help my level and I might get a lucky high rune drop or tradable. I also might look into farming some keys to get the unique large charm. So much to do it's hard to choose.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I searched through the first several pages and didn't see exactly what I'm looking for in an answer. As the topic says, I recently finished up hell on my javazon.
I'm almost 85. I've been doing some hell cow , CS and
Baal
runs mostly. I also will do a run in hell starting with cows and ending with Pindle or
Baal
. I'll do cows, then
Mephisto
, then CS and Diablo then Pindelskin and sometimes
Baal
. With some
Mephisto
and Pindle (done around 125 runs on him) in between when I'm busy irl. I see people talking about Ubers so once I get some keys I'll get into those.

Luckily I found a
Teleport
staff and have been mostly cubing the repairs so I'm still building decent GP to gamble. Here's my gear so far:

P
Topaz
Shako
/
Tal
Mask

All resis amulet (or use 33% MF if only doing Pindle)
A good Titan's and Spirit
Monarch
/Rhyme
Gothic Shield

Peace chest piece
40%
Chance Guards

Goldwrap

2x mana leech rare rings with other stats
War Traveler
Boots

I have some vita charms and resis charms in my inventory but nothing special other than a +20sc. I've gotten a few good drops so far. A vampgaze (on my Merc right now) and
Stormshield
. I also got a skiller charm I traded for the
Shako
. I'll get two dual leech rings once I see some for trade, that's my next short term item I think will help a bunch.

I've been almost exclusively playing online solo. I'm on Xbox and there don't seem to be a bunch of games going on but I want to hit up cows or something with others starting pretty soon.

What should I be focusing on at this point? Getting a higher level? MF cows over and over? MF runs? I'm thinking a grind of cow runs would be pretty good overall it'll help my level and I might get a lucky high rune drop or tradable. I also might look into farming some keys to get the unique large charm. So much to do it's hard to choose.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
D2R is a game. We play it for entertainment purposes.
Just do want you love to do.

For me, I do MF and leveling new char at the same time because MF can be really boring.

Relax and have fun!

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Agreed. Do whatever is fun to you.

To some, that's perfecting your gear. To others, that's hitting 99 as soon as possible. To others again, that's getting to the point where you can clear everything and then spending your time helping people who can't do the same yet. Others again prefer focusing more on the PvP side of things or on getting a 2nd, completely different char going.

The list is surprisingly long and - and that's the beautiful part of it - you are completely free in what you choose.

Well, almost...the helping and/or pvp aspects may be a challenge for you, based on the repeated claims of there not being any folks on xbox to play with.

Either way, just do what you enjoy.

Looking at your gear list..sufficient as it is for most things (Javas are quite forgiving after all), if you're interested in a challenge, going after Ubers isn't a bad idea. Emphasis on the challenge part. Because based on the above, you'll be in for a bit of a rude awakening there.
But that in itself can also be fun.

To each his/her own.

If you do go for the uber challenge though, just be aware that you will most likely reach your limit in there, primarily due to lack of lifetap. So it may be worth checking if there's someone here who can help you out if/when needed so you don't waste the keys and can still get a torch out of it.
Normally, I'd offer myself up for that but I can't do xbox.

PS:
You don't have to focus on just one thing. There's nothing saying that "if you MF, you have to only MF for months". You can still do some farming, lvl another char on the side and do the occasional uber or such on the side.
At least that's my preferred approach. I like variety in most things, including D2. So I ended up getting one of each class to 90 and then rotating between farming/gearing all of them, spending some time helping others (rushes, ancients, ubers, ..), doing some torch runs myself, slowly but surely lvling them all up towards 99 and so on.
OP
I've been saving gear for a
Nova
/orb sorc which is my next character so I hear you.
I just gambled this pretty sweet dual leech ring from
Anya
!! I wish it were at least 5% mana but no complaints here. First one ever including the original game.
Depends how you plan on getting gear.
If you're gonna need to buy expensive gear, you're gonna need runes. You'll need to improve your current javazon so that you can run cows a little better.

You need
Razortail
Belt
, 2/20 gloves, cats eye amulet, 6 java skiller grand charms, +2 skills
Valkyrie Wing
- socket with ias/dmg jewel.

That should get you through 1 player cows.

If you really wanna kick it up a notch, get an Enigma, but that's big money stuff for later on

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I tell you what i plan to do, for fun.
first i save for every char any future equipment with my high level guys.
then, i open a new char and put the stuff in his stash so it wont fill up too much(and yet it does)

for my plans-
sorceress( not sure what build yet)
paladin or assassin,
or javazon.
then anything like
Axe
or
Maul
barb.
or throwing barb, or all.

not sure what else, in anycase each one is very long.
these are my current:
already tried a fire druid+
Volcano
(lvl80). was fun in NM. hell was too underwhelming. as I was warned, but i still like the build.

then necro(lvl 72), i was really bored with this one.

Frenzy
barb(lvl84), was great fun, two light sabres, until my Grief... still doing well in trav.

now i'm bowzon(52) in like a weeks work. while trying out rune runs with the barb.

so many stuff to experiment, and to buy, the game is loaded with different uniques and rune words..I wish i could play this for months, but i have family and work..so..

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Agreed. Do whatever is fun to you.

To some, that's perfecting your gear. To others, that's hitting 99 as soon as possible. To others again, that's getting to the point where you can clear everything and then spending your time helping people who can't do the same yet. Others again prefer focusing more on the PvP side of things or on getting a 2nd, completely different char going.

The list is surprisingly long and - and that's the beautiful part of it - you are completely free in what you choose.

Well, almost...the helping and/or pvp aspects may be a challenge for you, based on the repeated claims of there not being any folks on xbox to play with.

Either way, just do what you enjoy.

Looking at your gear list..sufficient as it is for most things (Javas are quite forgiving after all), if you're interested in a challenge, going after Ubers isn't a bad idea. Emphasis on the challenge part. Because based on the above, you'll be in for a bit of a rude awakening there.
But that in itself can also be fun.

To each his/her own.

If you do go for the uber challenge though, just be aware that you will most likely reach your limit in there, primarily due to lack of lifetap. So it may be worth checking if there's someone here who can help you out if/when needed so you don't waste the keys and can still get a torch out of it.
Normally, I'd offer myself up for that but I can't do xbox.

PS:
You don't have to focus on just one thing. There's nothing saying that "if you MF, you have to only MF for months". You can still do some farming, lvl another char on the side and do the occasional uber or such on the side.
At least that's my preferred approach. I like variety in most things, including D2. So I ended up getting one of each class to 90 and then rotating between farming/gearing all of them, spending some time helping others (rushes, ancients, ubers, ..), doing some torch runs myself, slowly but surely lvling them all up towards 99 and so on.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still so full of nostalgia everything is fun right now, lol. I might end up getting the PC version, as I also have a PC and that'd open up a lot of things, especially trading things. Back in the day I mostly stuck with MF in SC and played a lot of hardcore but I won't be rolling one on Xbox that's for sure. I can't save/exit the game fast enough to do that.
I'll get my javazon to 99 first, while continue to save gear for the sorc. I'll help others when I see the opportunity, I always found skipping fairly enjoyable and I got quite a few very nice karma drops while doing so.
Ubers sound like pretty good end game content so I'll work toward those as well. I'll need to gear up quite a bit before tackling them though it sounds. I got a very nice roll on an ethereal
Thresher
Insight yesterday and the increased merc damage showed itself almost immediately (pic related). Sounds like I'll need to do a lot of farming before going at them but that's alright. I've hit 2 Lums, 2
Hel
, 3
Dol
and several
Io
's so far so it's only a matter of time before I snag one of the big ones and increase my gear!
I might trade my 40 Chances for some of the gear someone else posted in here and maybe get some lower Chances for myself. Thanks a lot for the post!
OP
dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
Depends how you plan on getting gear.
If you're gonna need to buy expensive gear, you're gonna need runes. You'll need to improve your current javazon so that you can run cows a little better.
I plan on getting gear by cows and MF runs with the hope I also land a high rune or valuable jewel, charm or item. I landed a superior, nearly perfect 3 socket
Archon Plate
last week and am still kicking myself for selling it for 35k gp so I now look up items I'm not sure about. I've been checking
Anya
for the 2 or 3/20's and have seen a few close but none yet. I should be able to get a few of those via trade so I'll pick those up soon.
My end goal is an Enigma. TP is so powerful in this game. Thanks!
I tried to buy some 3/20 from
Anya
but then quickly realized it wasnt worth my time. It was better to find a rune and just trade for them.

I'd def use the PC version if you plan on trading.

I finally gave up on jewels. I've picked up probably thousands of jewels and only 1 sold for an
Ist
or more.

So I figure it isnt even worth bothering with anymore.

Always pickup charms. Even some large charms can be worth something. I sold one for a
Vex
the other day.

If you're doing just cows, forget about MF. It's more important to kill the cows as fast as possible.
OP
dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
I tried to buy some 3/20 from
Anya
but then quickly realized it wasnt worth my time. It was better to find a rune and just trade for them.

I'd def use the PC version if you plan on trading.

I finally gave up on jewels. I've picked up probably thousands of jewels and only 1 sold for an
Ist
or more.

So I figure it isnt even worth bothering with anymore.

Always pickup charms. Even some large charms can be worth something. I sold one for a
Vex
the other day.

If you're doing just cows, forget about MF. It's more important to kill the cows as fast as possible.

Yeah I'll get on PC fairly soon then I guess.
I'm realizing jewels mostly suck too I've only saved three out of at least 100. So cats eye is better than Mara's? Or is it a good stop gap until I can get Mara's? I'll continue picking up charms though they can be valuable. Got a +1 Masteries +50 poison damage GC yesterday. Will hopefully trade it for a javazon GC or a rune.
If you're mainly running cows on single player, a cats eye will benefit you greatly because of the increased run/walk speed.

Once you get Enigma, your thoughts might change...

sorry to say but the masteries charm might not be worth anything.

Also pickup every
Amethyst
. You can trade 20 P
Amethyst
for an
Ist
. Never trade them lower than that. People offer all kinds of lower trades, including myself. Wait til you have 20, then trade them.

Make sure you're on the lookout for certain superior or ethereal items...

Superior armors like
Archon Plate
or higher armors, especially with three sockets.

Any ethereal
Thresher
Cryptic Axe
or great pole
Axe
w/ 4 sockets or 0 sockets. If it has 0 sockets, use the cube recipe to add sockets and pray that it rolls 4.
Anything other than 4 is worthless. Again, has to be ethereal.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...