Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
24 replies   9929 views

Description

So I made a Tesladin a few days ago, and I've been trying to experiment on how I can make the aura tick damage high enough to farm pretty effortlessly while still having high enough MF to make it worthwhile. Here are my findings:

Pros:

- Really, really chill. I also have a hammerdin, and it's really high effort, you have to
Teleport
around and spam hammers, which after a while gets repetitive and exhausting. With a Tesladin I walk around and things die. Occasionally I have to melee them if their light res is super high, but happens maybe 1-2 times per run.

- Can basically sleepwalk through Chaos and WSK. I was half asleep yesterday running Chaos, it is so minimal effort that you don't really need to worry much about dying. If you want to farm D-Keys, you walk up to
Nihlathak
's room and everything just melts after 2-3 ticks without the need to worry too much about his
Corpse Explosion

- Can get complete clears. With a hammerdin, I often just skipped monsters in dead spaces or smaller packs that weren't worth the effort to chase down. As a result, everything I cleared Chaos with a Hammerdin it was like an 85% clear. It's so easy to get a 100% clear with a Tesladin, you just have to worry about looking at what drops.

-
Teleport
is less necessary. If everything is melting around you there's less of a need to worry about monsters body-blocking you.

- Since you're technically a melee char, you're often in position to get drops in multiplayer games.

Cons:

- Scales poorly with player count. I can hold my own in 8 players cows with a Hammerdin by myself. With this there's no way. Those cows have way too much HP and do way too much damage for you to lone ranger. I have to walk with other people, but it's not always a bad thing (see last point in Pros)

- Can't get MF insanely high. On my hammerdin I can easily clear Chaos with 527% MF. On a Tesladin because there's no slot for a
Shako
and dual-
Ist
Alibaba, so I'm running at about 330% MF. But given that MF has diminishing returns, it's not the end of the world. I think on a per-pack basis, a unique has about a 20% less probability of dropping on my Tesladin vs Hammerdin. I could probably get to ~350% with a few more MF SCs and a better pair of
Chance Guards
(I have 28%)

Gear:

Helm
& Shield: Dream (Mandatory)

Weapon: Crescent Moon. I put my Grief away and I'm using this instead. I think this is actually better. You get way more aura tick damage, and because it has a CtC
Static Field
, it's not substantially slower at slaying bosses. The only thing it's quite a bit slower at is the light immunes, and that's because its physical damage is much weaker than Grief, but your melee attack gets an insane light damage buff from
Holy Shock
. Of course, if you're rich, you can make a 6x 5/5 RBF Berzerker
Axe
or
Phase Blade
...but then you'll still need to switch to a better weapon for boss kills.

Armor:
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
with RBF (can also socket PTopaz, I don't think it's material either way)

Gloves:
Chance Guards

Boots
:
War Traveler

Amulet:
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
. It sucks to not get + skills, but the 65% MF 3 piece bonus is sick.

Belt
:
Tal Rasha
's Fine Spun Cloth for 15% MF and the 65% MF 3 piece bonus.

Rings: I'm wearing
Stone of Jordan
and
Raven Frost
, but I would probably prefer BK over SOJ for LL when I have to melee. I just don't have a BK right now.

Bonus: As you can see by the photo, it actually looks pretty unique and badass!
Description by sonnytai331

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I made a Tesladin a few days ago, and I've been trying to experiment on how I can make the aura tick damage high enough to farm pretty effortlessly while still having high enough MF to make it worthwhile. Here are my findings:

Pros:

- Really, really chill. I also have a hammerdin, and it's really high effort, you have to
Teleport
around and spam hammers, which after a while gets repetitive and exhausting. With a Tesladin I walk around and things die. Occasionally I have to melee them if their light res is super high, but happens maybe 1-2 times per run.

- Can basically sleepwalk through Chaos and WSK. I was half asleep yesterday running Chaos, it is so minimal effort that you don't really need to worry much about dying. If you want to farm D-Keys, you walk up to
Nihlathak
's room and everything just melts after 2-3 ticks without the need to worry too much about his
Corpse Explosion

- Can get complete clears. With a hammerdin, I often just skipped monsters in dead spaces or smaller packs that weren't worth the effort to chase down. As a result, everything I cleared Chaos with a Hammerdin it was like an 85% clear. It's so easy to get a 100% clear with a Tesladin, you just have to worry about looking at what drops.

-
Teleport
is less necessary. If everything is melting around you there's less of a need to worry about monsters body-blocking you.

- Since you're technically a melee char, you're often in position to get drops in multiplayer games.

Cons:

- Scales poorly with player count. I can hold my own in 8 players cows with a Hammerdin by myself. With this there's no way. Those cows have way too much HP and do way too much damage for you to lone ranger. I have to walk with other people, but it's not always a bad thing (see last point in Pros)

- Can't get MF insanely high. On my hammerdin I can easily clear Chaos with 527% MF. On a Tesladin because there's no slot for a
Shako
and dual-
Ist
Alibaba, so I'm running at about 330% MF. But given that MF has diminishing returns, it's not the end of the world. I think on a per-pack basis, a unique has about a 20% less probability of dropping on my Tesladin vs Hammerdin. I could probably get to ~350% with a few more MF SCs and a better pair of
Chance Guards
(I have 28%)

Gear:

Helm
& Shield: Dream (Mandatory)

Weapon: Crescent Moon. I put my Grief away and I'm using this instead. I think this is actually better. You get way more aura tick damage, and because it has a CtC
Static Field
, it's not substantially slower at slaying bosses. The only thing it's quite a bit slower at is the light immunes, and that's because its physical damage is much weaker than Grief, but your melee attack gets an insane light damage buff from
Holy Shock
. Of course, if you're rich, you can make a 6x 5/5 RBF Berzerker
Axe
or
Phase Blade
...but then you'll still need to switch to a better weapon for boss kills.

Armor:
Tal Rasha's Guardianship
with RBF (can also socket PTopaz, I don't think it's material either way)

Gloves:
Chance Guards

Boots
:
War Traveler

Amulet:
Tal Rasha's Adjudication
. It sucks to not get + skills, but the 65% MF 3 piece bonus is sick.

Belt
:
Tal Rasha
's Fine Spun Cloth for 15% MF and the 65% MF 3 piece bonus.

Rings: I'm wearing
Stone of Jordan
and
Raven Frost
, but I would probably prefer BK over SOJ for LL when I have to melee. I just don't have a BK right now.

Bonus: As you can see by the photo, it actually looks pretty unique and badass!
Was gonna make one offline before pulling the trigger and buying some gear for the tesladin, but this was a good summary. Thanks!

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Yeah with this char, farming went from frantically teleporting around, spamming hammers, trying to keep my merc alive to just walking around Chaos casually and seeing if anything good drops.

I’ll even put on a podcast or my Japanese grammar lessons on Spotify so I feel a bit less guilty about burning time playing 😅
Would you mind posting stat/skill points. I’m gonna re spec my zealot and give this a go! Recently switched away from my Fortitude Grief Sanctuary for more MF. This looks super fun!

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
@ Sonny: What is the intentio of your post.
Are you asking for any advice or would you just state how awesome tesladin is?
If first, I am not quite sure of
Tal
rashas is the way to go. I personally would give that combination (amu + armor +
Belt
) to noone else but a sorc. Here it feels kind of wasted for the + mf you get. I rather recommend something stronger with maybe less mf ( if you cant afford Enigma) to be better with more ppl in game. That would also pretty much compensate the laclk of mf due to items.
If second was your intention (Tesladin being just awesome), I personally disagree, it's the most boring char I've every played :)
But yes, it's efficient.
Mboc wrote: 2 years ago
Tal
rashas is the way to go. I personally would give that combination (amu + armor +
Belt
) to noone else but a sorc. Here it feels kind of wasted for the + mf you get. I rather recommend something stronger with maybe less mf ( if you cant afford Enigma) to be better with more ppl in game. That would also pretty much compensate the laclk of mf due to items.
If second was your intention (Tesladin being just awesome), I personally disagree, it's the most boring char I've every played :)
But yes, it's efficient.
He tried to set up a tesladin advice thread, but he got no response, so I guess he gave it a go

Lo
Wisp Projector
Great AAR. Nice looking Pally, the pimp purple armor from the TalRasha suits him quite nicely
OP
Tal
Belt
But yes, it's efficient.
I used an Enigma, I didn’t like it. I couldn’t get the amount of MF to make farming fun, so I put it back on my main character.
OP
Tal
Belt
But yes, it's efficient.
As for the point of this post, it became obvious to me (confirmed by conversations with others) that you don't really build a Tesladin to farm because you can't get that much MF gear onto it with the weapons,
Helm
, and shield being mandatory and providing little MF.

I've been experimenting and seems like was able to build a pretty efficient (and relaxing) farmer despite this.

Also, by your definition, most characters are boring. You walk around and spam 1, maybe 2 skills then check to see what monsters drop. I've found Tesladin to be much more relaxing to play (maybe some people like that! I sure do now) that other builds (although TBF I only have one other character, a Hammerdin)
OP
Anagast wrote: 2 years ago
Would you mind posting stat/skill points. I’m gonna re spec my zealot and give this a go! Recently switched away from my Fortitude Grief Sanctuary for more MF. This looks super fun!
I just went with this! But I would index for the 25
Conviction
and less in the
Zeal
. You want your aura to do more of the damage, and if you're running Grief or Crescent Moon, you'll still nail down bosses super quickly!

https://d2.maxroll.gg/guides/dream-paladin

My version is obviously nowhere near fully optimized, but it's been pretty fun and chill to farm so far.

Part of what causes farming exhaustion is the repetitive clicking, the Tesladin mostly solves that issue :-)

Asha 351

Sorceress Europe PC
If I'll be ever raisin such build, I'll rather prefer Dream
Diadem
instead of
Skull
-like headgear, and either
Guardian Angel
chest (which is great to even look upon 🙂), or perhaps even Hand of Justice + Dragon armor to diversify the damage output. I wouldn't hunt high MF numbers - got tired of browsin green/gold items already. Aside from that - this sort of pala is rather strong, and easy to navigate indeed.
OP
Asha wrote: 2 years ago
If I'll be ever raisin such build, I'll rather prefer Dream
Diadem
instead of
Skull
-like headgear, and either
Guardian Angel
chest (which is great to even look upon 🙂), or perhaps even Hand of Justice + Dragon armor to diversify the damage output. I wouldn't hunt high MF numbers - got tired of browsin green/gold items already. Aside from that - this sort of pala is rather strong, and easy to navigate indeed.
I think I would prefer a
Diadem
as well, but I didn’t make the helmet, I bought it. I made the shield myself though.

I still get a psychological thrill from green and gold drops. I think farming for just runes would be really really dry to me.

I was just walking through Durance Level 2 zapping everything and Bul Kathos
Colossus Sword
just dropped! Yeah it’s not that strong anymore, but still cool to see an item that was highly valued back in the day.
hi, can you send us a video with farming trav, Chaos and wk2? i'm thinking about making myself a tesladin.

that would help my decision. thanx
mf-jones0013 wrote: 2 years ago
hi, can you send us a video with farming trav, Chaos and wk2? i'm thinking about making myself a tesladin.

that would help my decision. thanx
+1

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
Sure, let me figure out how to record 😋
OP
I think you can do it on Discord, I’ll figure it out
OBS studio works too

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
Sorry for production quality. I don't stream and I'm not a YouTuber. Here's a quick video of a very very casual stroll. As you can tell, I'm almost not using my melee attack at all.

When I run into the hardcore light immunes, I actually have Grief on switch, so I should've switched to that instead of try to phys them down with Crescent Moon, which doesn't work as well - I just forgot to switch.

sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
Sorry for production quality. I don't stream and I'm not a YouTuber. Here's a quick video of a very very casual stroll. As you can tell, I'm almost not using my melee attack at all.

When I run into the hardcore light immunes, I actually have Grief on switch, so I should've switched to that instead of try to phys them down with Crescent Moon, which doesn't work as well - I just forgot to switch.

Very nice!!! The aura pump is interesting to watch, but man, your health bar was always hanging in the 10-20% range.

Lo
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago

Very nice!!! The aura pump is interesting to watch, but man, your health bar was always hanging in the 10-20% range.
Yeah, this is far, far, far from optimized. My poison resist sucks, I have no leech on (almost pure MF gear and I need to get a Bul Kathos Ring), I didn’t
Revive
my merc, and I decided to not even bother with my CTA.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation