Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   3055 views

Description

I'm just wondering if anyone made a similar experience: I find more and more trades which don't make sense imo (not necessarily here but more on the bnet itself). Some people are offering ridiculous amounts of Annis (like 10 or more) and / or are selling unids for a soj or less. To stay with the last example, how does that make sense, since you normally have to invest 2 soj first to be even considered for the anni hunt. So how are they able to trade them that low?
I also stumble frequently over game names (Bnet) called like: "Script for Soj" or "Selling maphack" etc. but I don't know if they are really offering this or are just fishing for noobs - I usually don't talk to those people.
Concerning that this game is no new development but merely a revision with enhanced graphics , I wonder how Blizz is going to prevent that something like this (duping items) happens again. As far as I recall this problem wasn't solved back then, so what hinders people to just write the same scripts?
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
I'm just wondering if anyone made a similar experience: I find more and more trades which don't make sense imo (not necessarily here but more on the bnet itself). Some people are offering ridiculous amounts of Annis (like 10 or more) and / or are selling unids for a soj or less. To stay with the last example, how does that make sense, since you normally have to invest 2 soj first to be even considered for the anni hunt. So how are they able to trade them that low?
I also stumble frequently over game names (Bnet) called like: "Script for Soj" or "Selling maphack" etc. but I don't know if they are really offering this or are just fishing for noobs - I usually don't talk to those people.
Concerning that this game is no new development but merely a revision with enhanced graphics , I wonder how Blizz is going to prevent that something like this (duping items) happens again. As far as I recall this problem wasn't solved back then, so what hinders people to just write the same scripts?
Its not duped sojs. In fact, the people multi-account farming the annis are DESPERATE for sojs, going for
Sur
+ at the moment. The thing is, that they can get multiple annis with a SINGLE
Diablo Clone
spawn.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Script means you need to read the game description for trade info.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure there are dupers already.
OP

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
Its not duped sojs. In fact, the people multi-account farming the annis are DESPERATE for sojs, going for
Sur
+ at the moment. The thing is, that they can get multiple annis with a SINGLE
Diablo Clone
spawn.
did not know about this multiple drop. Thanks for clarification
OP

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
MadBarbosa wrote: 2 years ago
Script means you need to read the game description for trade info.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure there are dupers already.
I don't know those game names are very specific and as far as I recall there was nothing in the description. The name "offer maphack" however does not leave much room for speculation I would say :)

Schnorki 3197Moderator

PC
"Offer maphack" is just where you go to overpay for some random link to download some equally random virus :D
The classic trick back in the day was to tell someone you knew how to dupe and then have them put the item on the Ground and press some combination that includes Alt+F4 so they exit the game :D
OP

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
"Offer maphack" is just where you go to overpay for some random link to download some equally random virus :D
That is probably true in the most cases :) But I know it exists or at least existed and I ask myself what barrier was established to prevent people from doing this again.
I would assume the game didn't evolve in that regards but IT in general did. I am no expert on this but I would bet nowadays it is even easier to implement this than 21 years ago.
OP

Mboc 13

Druid Europe PC
rampage101 wrote: 2 years ago
The classic trick back in the day was to tell someone you knew how to dupe and then have them put the item on the Ground and press some combination that includes Alt+F4 so they exit the game :D
Well, it worked on me :P

xigua 63

When I was 14 (some 20 years ago) and got a grandfather to sell I was told to put it on the Ground so the buyer could see it was not scam. Then my game started to lag and the presumed buyer walked over to pick it up... really gave me trust issues for a long time :D

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
xigua wrote: 2 years ago
When I was 14 (some 20 years ago) and got a grandfather to sell I was told to put it on the Ground so the buyer could see it was not scam. Then my game started to lag and he walked over to pick it up... really gave me trust issues for a long time
For a second there I thought you meant your own grandfather IRL was walking over to pick up your item.

Sometimes I think my mind has actually been damaged by some of the downright sad dropped item stories we've seen on this forum :lol:

xigua 63

I guess the early years of online gaming created some very skeptical people - I downloaded enough trojan horses trying to find this or that content to go to start my own cavalry
I was about to ask the same question in a forum post?

What technique are they exploiting to generate all the Anni's ?

I thought it was really difficult to get
Diablo Clone
to spawn....

How many Anni's can be farmed from a single spawn?
How do you even find the IP for a specific game?
As said above, multiple accounts. They pay 2 SoJs to enter the discord and be told the hot IP. Then they spam game creation on multiple accounts so they can get multiple Annis. This can range from your normal guy with 2-5 accounts to a proper accounts farm with 100+ accounts.
Jinsho wrote: 2 years ago
As said above, multiple accounts. They pay 2 SoJs to enter the discord and be told the hot IP. Then they spam game creation on multiple accounts so they can get multiple Annis. This can range from your normal guy with 2-5 accounts to a proper accounts farm with 100+ accounts.
Due to this, im holding on buying annis, waiting for Blizzard to roll 2.4, change the Dclone spawning, and ending this altogether.

Lo
Wisp Projector
How many accounts are allowed per purchase of D2R?

I assumed I could only have 1 account per license
dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
How many accounts are allowed per purchase of D2R?

I assumed I could only have 1 account per license
This is the thing fam. Right now, the game is 30 bucks. Multi-sessions are allowed per pc. These people sell these anni for real money, so, as long as they can get a return for the extra accounts, they will buy extra accounts (what you call licenses) to farm the annis.

Since the accounts are a one-time purchase, it was a good deal not so long ago. Some guy with 11 accounts made like 200k fg in 2 weeks. Sadly, as long as people pay real world money for the stuff, these is still encouraged.

Lo
Wisp Projector
Got a feeling that an anni is gonna be almost worthless in about 2 weeks. The market is completely flooded and getting worse.

Schnorki 3197Moderator

PC
dilbert383 wrote: 2 years ago
Got a feeling that an anni is gonna be almost worthless in about 2 weeks. The market is completely flooded and getting worse.
Pretty much this. Even if they don't change the dclone spawn mechanics anytime soon, the farmers are still flooding the market so hard, you can just watch prices drop further and further.

Good thing I decided to leave Annis as the last piece of gear to get for all of my chars :D

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...