Description

Does anyone have experience trying to craft
Blood Boots
?
I want to try to crafting some specific
Boots
for my
Holy Shock
paladin. 30FRW 3ll Repl life with 2-3res.

What level do I need to be to maximize the chances of getting my desired mods? I want to craft
Battle Boots
gambled from hell
Gheed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Blood Boots
?
Boots
for my
Holy Shock

What level do I need to be to maximize the chances of getting my desired mods? I want to craft
Battle Boots
gambled from hell
Gheed
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Blood Boots
?
Boots
for my
Holy Shock

Battle Boots
gambled from hell
Gheed
Rolling those stats will be tricky. Rares tend to be better when aiming for multiple stats. The reason being, with crafted gear you only get 4 rolls and with rares 6.

So if you're going for 3 resistances and FRW, basically all 4 need to be exactly what you want and then you also need to roll max ll.

It will be expensive and might take you a very long time. 2 resistances with FRW is probably doable.
OP
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Blood Boots
?
Boots
for my
Holy Shock

Battle Boots
gambled from hell
Gheed
Rolling those stats will be tricky. Rares tend to be better when aiming for multiple stats. The reason being, with crafted gear you only get 4 rolls and with rares 6.

So if you're going for 3 resistances and FRW, basically all 4 need to be exactly what you want and then you also need to roll max ll.

It will be expensive and might take you a very long time. 2 resistances with FRW is probably doable.
Id be fine with 2 res. Is there a certain level that i need to be to get desired stats? I know with some crafted items its best to have characters at a particular level craft them if you want specific mods. 71, 83, 93, 95 etc.

Khegan 376

I recommend shopping for your
Battle Boots
from almost any NM/Hell armor vendor. Gambling is costly and usually reserved for items you can't shop for, notably rings and amulets.

If you choose to shop, finding the ideal level is simple. To get a 100% chance at 4 affixes your crafted
Boots
need an iLvl of 71. Your highest affix = 37, so iLvl 71 is your craft goal.

cLvl=69 shopper lands you iLvl 74 (cLvl +5) magic boots, and crafting with the same character level yields iLvl 71
Blood Boots

Output Crafting Formula: Ilvl = int(clvl/2) + int(ilvl/2)

Notice the capital I - that means the level of the output item, and the lowercase i is the level of your input item.
Crafting and gambling at at least lvl 75 or higher also works, but shopping them like the above post says will be less expensive
OP
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
Battle Boots
from almost any NM/Hell armor vendor. Gambling is costly and usually reserved for items you can't shop for, notably rings and amulets.

If you choose to shop, finding the ideal level is simple. To get a 100% chance at 4 affixes your crafted
Boots

cLvl=69 shopper lands you iLvl 74 (cLvl +5) magic boots, and crafting with the same character level yields iLvl 71
Blood Boots

Notice the capital I - that means the level of the output item, and the lowercase i is the level of your input item.
Blew about 80 sets of blood crafting supplies and got some usable 30frw dual res leech and replenish life
Boots
. though i think the best thing was a set of
Battle Boots
I'm going to try instead of my
Inferno
strides on my ww/GF barb. decent leech, replenish, 30frw and 70 GF
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
Battle Boots

Boots

Blood Boots

There's a guide on this forum on item generation. It has useful links and I went over the example of gambling 30FRW
Boots
with tri-res.

From Khegan's post it seems the qlvl of the item doesn't factor into the alvl of the affixes being generated. For gambling and I think monster drops it does.

Khegan 376

Katonda wrote: 2 years ago
There's a guide on this forum on item generation. It has useful links and I went over the example of gambling 30FRW
Boots
with tri-res.

From Khegan's post it seems the qlvl of the item doesn't factor into the alvl of the affixes being generated. For gambling and I think monster drops it does.
Quality is always a factor in affix generation. If qLvl is greater than iLvl, then iLvl = qLvl. Likewise, the opposite is also true.
Battle Boots
are qLvl 49, so iLvl=71 is greater as shown in my previous post.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...