Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   1331 views

Description

My necromancer got started in the classic "I got nothing on me" fashion with skelets/CE and
Amplify Damage
as main support.

Due to coincidence I stacked up on a few items, which had added goldfind percentages.

Running through hell cows now, I noticed that by running around and collecting the gold batches of btw 1800 and 3600 gold stacks in average, it can quickly accumulate by each game.

I never have played a goldfind barb who ran Trav, it might also by far not be comparable with each other.

However I was thinking, if there is some BiS summary for some sort of goldmancer using skelets / CE, while still running strong skelets with him?

Also a side question :
Would you consider going aboard with the staff
Arm of King Leoric
for a Hoto ie? Have not seen any other unique staff, which looked more viable.
If not mistaken, I'd be losing on 2 lvl for skelets and mastery each.
If not the
Bone Wall
on hit was so annoying, I'd gladly keep it.

Can be used to make Runewords:

My necromancer got started in the classic "I got nothing on me" fashion with skelets/CE and
Amplify Damage
as main support.

Due to coincidence I stacked up on a few items, which had added goldfind percentages.

Running through hell cows now, I noticed that by running around and collecting the gold batches of btw 1800 and 3600 gold stacks in average, it can quickly accumulate by each game.

I never have played a goldfind barb who ran Trav, it might also by far not be comparable with each other.

However I was thinking, if there is some BiS summary for some sort of goldmancer using skelets / CE, while still running strong skelets with him?

Also a side question :
Would you consider going aboard with the staff
Arm of King Leoric
for a Hoto ie? Have not seen any other unique staff, which looked more viable.
If not mistaken, I'd be losing on 2 lvl for skelets and mastery each.
If not the
Bone Wall
on hit was so annoying, I'd gladly keep it.
My barb can do 300-400k of gold per trav run. He does one every 30-60s. I fill up his
Belt
(*lvl 93) every 5 minutes or so.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
OP
Aegis200 wrote: 2 years ago
My barb can do 300-400k of gold per trav run. He does one every 30-60s. I fill up his
Belt
(*lvl 93) every 5 minutes or so.
Wow OK, that is massive...

Schnorki 3326Moderator

PC
The main reason Trav Barbs are the traditional choice for gold-finding is that
a) They can stack more gold find than any other character, thanks to dual-wield
b) They get >50% more stuff from the same number of kills thanks to
Find Item

and c) Trav is easily cleared by your merc alone, allowing you to forego any damage/skills yourself and become a support role, stacking even more gold find and/or magic find

You can easily stack well over 2k gold find while keeping well over 400 magic find and just watch your merc clear things up (increasing your gf/mf even further as his is added). With that, you can then easily pull in anywhere from 300k to 800k in a single clear on a regular basis, not to mention countless magic+ drops.

I'm not saying other characters/builds/locations could never compete with that but it will be a challenge.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
The main reason Trav Barbs are the traditional choice for gold-finding is that
a) They can stack more gold find than any other character, thanks to dual-wield
b) They get >50% more stuff from the same number of kills thanks to
Find Item

and c) Trav is easily cleared by your merc alone, allowing you to forego any damage/skills yourself and become a support role, stacking even more gold find and/or magic find

You can easily stack well over 2k gold find while keeping well over 400 magic find and just watch your merc clear things up (increasing your gf/mf even further as his is added). With that, you can then easily pull in anywhere from 300k to 800k in a single clear on a regular basis, not to mention countless magic+ drops.

I'm not saying other characters/builds/locations could never compete with that but it will be a challenge.
This, also, you can balance clear speed and gold find. For instance, if you have 2 Ali Baba blades your
Teleport
may be slower than
Suicide Branch
+ Ali Baba, so you may get longer runs, but you gain much more gold find as a result. Same tradeoffs happen if you equip
Dwarf Star
rings vs other more useful double leech ones, or if you go full GF and
Sacrifice
kill speed by allowing your merc to do all the work. The best part about it is the ability to balance kill speed, magic find and gold find. The only issue is that gambling becomes a massive chunk of your time, which is good or not depending on how much you enjoy gambling. My current sweetspot is at 500% mf and 1098% gold find.

Lo
Wisp Projector
I find gambling extremely unenjoyable. 1/2000 is really low odds :-(

Also when you gamble coronets, it sometimes replaces it on the screen with circlets, so you have to refresh more to get coronets, which is crazy tedious
OP
Thanks for the feedback thus far.

Only remark or question from my end. Assume for Trav your GF barbs are GG equipped to not die, especially the mercs?

Could a necromancer not compete on beginning of ladder ie when not all the gg items are there to equip the barb or more importantly his buddy?
Or is it just nonsense to focus on this early on?

Maybe a MF stacked necro instead then?
Necros hold well even with not so good gear, but I prefer Fire sorceress at the start of the ladder, switching to blizzard sorceress eventually. They are just too fast.

Lo
Wisp Projector

Schnorki 3326Moderator

PC
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago

Also when you gamble coronets, it sometimes replaces it on the screen with circlets, so you have to refresh more to get coronets, which is crazy tedious
Do you for some reason actually want a
Coronet
? Or do you just want it for the upgrade chance? Because (apparently), you're actually better off gambling circlets due to the cheaper gold cost for them. Whenever it would upgrade (but couldn't because it isn't a
Coronet
), it actually converts into a
Coronet
that is then always a
Tiara
or
Diadem
and then turns back into a
Circlet
(or you get lucky with back to back auto-upgraded coronets). No need to keep refreshing the screen.

KanePortnoy wrote: 2 years ago

Only remark or question from my end. Assume for Trav your GF barbs are GG equipped to not die, especially the mercs?

Could a necromancer not compete on beginning of ladder ie when not all the gg items are there to equip the barb or more importantly his buddy?

The main thing is equipping the merc actually. Not dying as the barb is ridiculously easy and frankly, you could be naked as far as that is concerned. The barb gear is really just there to stack gold (and/or magic) find and to have something with
Teleport
charges for merc repositioning. So once you get a
Crown of Thieves
and a solid weapon on your merc, you're basically good to go.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will be declined.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago

Do you for some reason actually want a
Coronet
? Or do you just want it for the upgrade chance? Because (apparently), you're actually better off gambling circlets due to the cheaper gold cost for them. Whenever it would upgrade (but couldn't because it isn't a
Coronet
), it actually converts into a
Coronet
that is then always a
Tiara
or
Diadem
and then turns back into a
Circlet
(or you get lucky with back to back auto-upgraded coronets). No need to keep refreshing the screen.

KanePortnoy wrote: 2 years ago

The main thing is equipping the merc actually. Not dying as the barb is ridiculously easy and frankly, you could be naked as far as that is concerned. The barb gear is really just there to stack gold (and/or magic) find and to have something with
Teleport
charges for merc repositioning. So once you get a
Crown of Thieves
and a solid weapon on your merc, you're basically good to go.
It's gotta upgrade for griffon's right?

Schnorki 3326Moderator

PC
Correct, it has to upgrade. But you don't have to buy coronets exclusively to be able to upgrade.

Say you're buying 5 of them and the 4th one upgrades to a
Diadem
(random numbers). If you do that with coronets then you get
1)
Coronet

2)
Coronet

3)
Coronet

4)
Diadem

5)
Coronet

So you pay for 5 Coronets and end up with a
Diadem
and 4 Coronets

If you get the same odds/timing with circlets, you end up with
1)
Circlet

2)
Circlet

3)
Circlet

4)
Diadem
(the
Circlet
will switch and become a
Coronet
in the gamble window, after buying it and getting the
Diadem
, it turns back into a
Circlet
)
5)
Circlet

Here, you pay for 4 circlets and 1
Coronet
and end up with 4 circlets and a
Diadem
. So you get the same Diadems for less gold, due to Circlets being cheaper than Coronets.

Mind you, I'm not sure if the chance to upgrade is really the same when gambling circlets vs. coronets but it is now definitely possible from both. Early testing from various sources indicated that the chance is about equal and my personal experience seems to confirm that (anecdotal).
And so long as the chance to upgrade is at least within a few percentage points of one another between circlets and coronets, you are far better off just buying circlets (and the coronets they turn into for upgrades) because you'll get the same number of tiaras/diadems for significantly less gold invested.

___

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation