" in the proposal list items
Click "Qualities" Filter
- Note "Identified" is NOT selected

Anything else to add:
This disconnect makes it so that someone creating a listing for an "
Ist
" will have different settings than someone searching for an "
Ist
" by default. I noticed this because I created just such a listing and was surprised with 0 views after a day or so. My trades show up in the quick search but not if someone clicks "Full Search" and uses the defaults.

I noticed similar action on an "
Hellfire Torch
" (necro) that I have listed. It seems to have the same Unidentified/Identified situation. This may be well known to others, but based on how I normally use the site, I ended up using Quick Search more frequently until I figured out why my searches were returning small numbers of listings. Maybe the filters should default to Identified and folks can always swap it to Unidentified if they want to search for that specifically?

Thanks!
Cond

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: PC
Browser: Chrome

Steps to reproduce:
Click "New Trade"
Type "
Ist
" into search bar
Click "
Ist
" in proposal list items
Click "Qualities" Filter
- Note "Identified" IS selected

Open new browser
Click "Search Trades"
Type "
Ist
" into serch bar
Click "
Ist
" in the proposal list items
Click "Qualities" Filter
- Note "Identified" is NOT selected

Anything else to add:
This disconnect makes it so that someone creating a listing for an "
Ist
" will have different settings than someone searching for an "
Ist
" by default. I noticed this because I created just such a listing and was surprised with 0 views after a day or so. My trades show up in the quick search but not if someone clicks "Full Search" and uses the defaults.

I noticed similar action on an "
Hellfire Torch
" (necro) that I have listed. It seems to have the same Unidentified/Identified situation. This may be well known to others, but based on how I normally use the site, I ended up using Quick Search more frequently until I figured out why my searches were returning small numbers of listings. Maybe the filters should default to Identified and folks can always swap it to Unidentified if they want to search for that specifically?

Thanks!
Cond
Fixedby Condaan2 years agoGo to post
It seems to be working now.

Thanks for the quick update!

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Thanks for this detailed report. Identified shouldn't be set automatically for runes of course so this is a bug I can fix.

It should however apply automatically to items that can be identified/unidentified in trade creation (but not search).

OP
I think the torch situation may have been that prior to the patch it didn't default Large Charm and now it does...

Anyhow, I updated my torches and they seem to be showing up in searches now. Thanks for the quick response!

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Just had a look at your repro steps for create trade flow - I'm not seeing the 'Idenitified' filter being auto-selected for runes, perhaps a cacheing issue? Would you mind refreshing your browser cache and then letting me know if that fixed it?

As for second repro steps - that is working as intended - it shouldn't auto select any filters (so that the results aren't limited to identified/unidentified only).
I think the torch situation may have been that prior to the patch it didn't default Large Charm and now it does...
Yeah, this was a change in last patch you're right.

OP
I’ll be on a bit later and give it a shot. Thanks again for following up.
OP
So I cleared the browser (all history for all time, etc).

I do not see Identified when I create a listing for an
Ist
and do not see it when I search for
Ist

BUT!

I also noticed, when I search for
Ist
, it only brings up one listing, when using the detailed search. Looking into that, it appears it switched the filter from Misc to Crafted when I clicked the Full Search button. If I switch that to Misc, it shows all of the
Ist
listings...

Running the search for a
Ber
has the same issue.

To recreate, just run a search for a rune and click the Full Search button. It appears to set Misc before you press the button and Crafted after.

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Okay that's great, I know what I need to fix now. One number needs to change in the search UI frontend js. It is correctly setting the rarity to Misc on selection, but the URL it generates is still set to Crafted.

I'll hotfix this and ask you to test again, standby...

Teebling 5828Admin

Europe PC
Okay give it a try now, should work as intended with the Full Search button, shouldn't need to refresh your browser cache.

OP
I’m a couple hours from being able to test. Will let ya know!
OP
It seems to be working now.

Thanks for the quick update!
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...