diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   3283 views

Description

Device: PC
Browser: Firefox

Steps to reproduce:
1) Open DClone progress tracker
2) Set any combination of filters resulting in more than one listing (e.g. softcore and expansion, currently resulting in 3 listings due to ladder not being in yet)
3) Hit "Progress" on any of those list entries to update the progress for that game mode
4) Adjust progress and hit update
5) Wait for progress tracker to automatically load after that

Anything else to add:
After hitting update, you are not returned to the previous listing but your filters on the tracker are automatically adjusted to show only the game mode/region you just updated. In the above example, it adds a region filter that you did not actually select (i.e. you only see one out of the previous 3 listings). As a result, you have to reload/re-filter the overview to get back to where you actually wanted to be, due to having updated one of the entries.
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Device: PC
Browser: Firefox

Steps to reproduce:
1) Open DClone progress tracker
2) Set any combination of filters resulting in more than one listing (e.g. softcore and expansion, currently resulting in 3 listings due to ladder not being in yet)
3) Hit "Progress" on any of those list entries to update the progress for that game mode
4) Adjust progress and hit update
5) Wait for progress tracker to automatically load after that

Anything else to add:
After hitting update, you are not returned to the previous listing but your filters on the tracker are automatically adjusted to show only the game mode/region you just updated. In the above example, it adds a region filter that you did not actually select (i.e. you only see one out of the previous 3 listings). As a result, you have to reload/re-filter the overview to get back to where you actually wanted to be, due to having updated one of the entries.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
After hitting update, you are not returned to the previous listing but your filters on the tracker are automatically adjusted to show only the game mode/region you just updated.
Hery Schnork, this isn't a bug, it was intentional so that after updating you see exactly which one you updated. I made it like this because I felt that being presented with the 12 (soon to be 24) rows straight after updating was confusing - I'd be looking to confirm which one I'd updated (it would be a in a diff position in the table too) and have to scan the whole table to do that.

OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Fair enough.

My thinking was I would want my usual overview (hence my already having bookmarked it with the filters interesting to me :)), update when I have an update to make and then immediately get back to my same overview so I can keep an eye on the progress relevant to me, rather than having to reload through bookmark.
I see your point though.
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
After hitting update, you are not returned to the previous listing but your filters on the tracker are automatically adjusted to show only the game mode/region you just updated.
Hery Schnork, this isn't a bug, it was intentional so that after updating you see exactly which one you updated. I made it like this because I felt that being presented with the 12 (soon to be 24) rows straight after updating was confusing - I'd be looking to confirm which one I'd updated (it would be a in a diff position in the table too) and have to scan the whole table to do that.
While confirming your submission was accepted is good user feedback, as a user I don't expect my filters to be adjusted without me adjusting them.

Regardless of how many rows I am filtering for as a user I still want to see all of those rows because those are the rows I am keeping an eye on to swap to for hunting diablo. The row I just updated is now the least of my concern because I am on that server having just typed the command and I'm more interested in the other rows at that point.

What about a green success on the row you updated? Possibly fading it out the green

Or adding the region ladder mode exp to the "progress updated" notification?

Regardless of your choice, thank you for this site, wish I found it months sooner while I was more actively trading! BTW, is this open source/accepting PRs?
OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Update to report:
Just noticed you changed the tracker behavior.
It now does the opposite. Rather than adding the filter of the update, it removes all filters and leaves you back at the total overview, still not remembering your actual prior filter settings.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
It now does the opposite. Rather than adding the filter of the update, it removes all filters and leaves you back at the total overview, still not remembering your actual prior filter settings.
Yep, intended, thought this is what we wanted right? So that filters don't need to be reset again after submitting a report.

OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Yep, intended, thought this is what we wanted right? So that filters don't need to be reset again after submitting a report.
My suggestion was to preserve filters from before updating.
I.e. if I view the list for only non-ladder games (random example) and then update the status for one of those, finishing the update should take me back to that same list of non-ladder games I was looking at. No extra filters added (previous implementation adding the region/full game modes) and no filters removed (current implementation removing all filters).

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
I.e. if I view the list for only non-ladder games (random example) and then update the status for one of those, finishing the update should take me back to that same list of non-ladder games I was looking at. No extra filters added (previous implementation adding the region/full game modes) and no filters removed (current implementation removing all filters).
Ahhhh okay got you now, well this'll have to wait until next week. Just finished deploying 1.38.

OP

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Ahhhh okay got you now, well this'll have to wait until next week. Just finished deploying 1.38.
All good. You're freaky fast on everything anyways..almost happy to see something has to wait for once, lol

Just out of curiosity: 1.38 include anything stability-related?
Nevermind, just saw the log update. :)

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Just out of curiosity: 1.38 include anything stability-related?
Just indicates most of the major bugs have been fixed and the site is 'buttoned-up' pretty good now. There was one small change I made that might reduce the instances of the 'transaction locked limit' error people were seeing, some other bits and bobs. As always, I can't simulate real traffic, so we'll see :P

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...