Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   1081 views

Description

I was in game, the clone counter was on 4/6, and then I have started to receive messages from my android app that is changed to 5/6, then in about 10 minutes to 6/6 and almost immediately after that to 1/6. In fact, it's still there on 4/6, "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary", I checked it several times. Looking at last two reporters profiles showed that it was different people, they joined a long time ago, but have zero activity, although, the last one has 1 point of trust and even holds few trades.
Is there any way to prevent such persons from reporting about the progress? It's kinda annoying.
---
I created this topic and then the site showed me similar pages, it was already discussed. Ok then, should I delete this one? I haven't read those topics though.
Description by gor1ck

Can be used to make Runewords:

I was in game, the clone counter was on 4/6, and then I have started to receive messages from my android app that is changed to 5/6, then in about 10 minutes to 6/6 and almost immediately after that to 1/6. In fact, it's still there on 4/6, "
Terror
spreads across Sanctuary", I checked it several times. Looking at last two reporters profiles showed that it was different people, they joined a long time ago, but have zero activity, although, the last one has 1 point of trust and even holds few trades.
Is there any way to prevent such persons from reporting about the progress? It's kinda annoying.
---
I created this topic and then the site showed me similar pages, it was already discussed. Ok then, should I delete this one? I haven't read those topics though.

I don't mind negotiating, if it's within reason.
Type /uberdiablo in your in-game chat, most secure way to check. i always do to make sure its real

keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the Ground.
OP
I know it, that's how I realized that that was a lie. The question was how to prevent scammers from using the tracker, because after their activity I receive wrong messages to my phone.
One of topics says there's a way to report about it, but i can't find how.

ShadowHeart 2595Moderator

Europe PC
What region were you on? EU, I'm guessing, since your profile says EU?

The status on EU has been kind of bugged for several days - with reports of different people seeing different status (as in, they get different results from /uberdiablo), and messages not showing up in chat (but dclone still spawning properly if you visit a super unique, if there was a walk).

I've seen discussions on the Dclone Hunters discord about this. I haven't experienced it personally on SCNL (non-ladder), but I have seen it myself on ladder both today and yesterday. In fact - I have multiple game copies, I saw different status in different games at the same time (side by side game windows), like 2/6 and 5/6 simultaneously. And status progression would only be logged in the chat window for one of them, dclone walked with invasion message showing on only one of them (the one that started at 5/6), but I found dclone also in the game without messages (that showed 2/6, and still showed 2/6 after the invasion, but I did find dclone).

I'm not sure if this is the case for the strange reporting you've seen (there are trolls out there, and sometimes people do make mistake), but it's one potential reason.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Yes, EU.
It's all confusing, but if it's the bugs of the game, and not malicious intent, then I have no more questions. Although I don't want to delete the topic now, after your information.

Europe PC
I mean, it could still be a troll/scam, I'm not playing much on NL lately so I haven't been able to confirm anything myself. It's good to question why people are reporting different status than what you're seeing, it's just good to keep in mind that the /uberdiablo command can sometimes lie (obviously) and trick people. Not saying that it's always because of that, there is definitely false reporting sometimes (and genuine mistakes).

On ladder, I'm in fact seeing different status on EU right now with side by side game windows, one showing 2/6 and one showing 5/6 (that one was 4/6 until a few minutes ago).

So weird...

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
OP
I guess it's better to disable that app for now until better times. It IS weird.

Europe PC
Hm, well, since this issue is happening on EU lately, it could still be a good idea to keep the notifications on, and if there's a walk reported but you're not seeing any messages in your game (and /uberdiablo reporting something different), remember to *always* double check if dclone is out there. Just a tip. I've caught a number of dclones from double checking despite having no messages :)

I had a game the other day where the "Invaded" message never appeared, but yet there was the dclone. Even after that spawn, the game was still on 5/6. I started a new game, checked the status for that game and it showed "
Terror
gaze'. I forget what server I was on, think it was EU. Had another case where I updated the status to what my game showed. Somebody updated minutes after me and reporting a different status. Don't think people are intentionally messing it up, they just report what they are getting. Not saying there isn't people out there whom would intentionally mislead, there is one in every crowd.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
I mean, it could still be a troll/scam, I'm not playing much on NL lately so I haven't been able to confirm anything myself. It's good to question why people are reporting different status than what you're seeing, it's just good to keep in mind that the /uberdiablo command can sometimes lie (obviously) and trick people. Not saying that it's always because of that, there is definitely false reporting sometimes (and genuine mistakes).

On ladder, I'm in fact seeing different status on EU right now with side by side game windows, one showing 2/6 and one showing 5/6 (that one was 4/6 until a few minutes ago).

So weird...
My game is also showing 5/6

Europe PC
And just now EU SCL walked - one game showed the invasion message, the other didn't (still reporting 2/6), yet I found dclone in all games. Damn buggy status lol.

Schnorki 3722Moderator

PC
Hallsingland wrote: 1 year ago
Type /uberdiablo in your in-game chat, most secure way to check. i always do to make sure its real
Sadly, that is just not true. The /uberdiablo command and the related automated messages in-game have been all sorts of bugged since they were introduced.

You repeatedly run into situations where if you and someone else run /uberdiablo on the same region + game mode at the same time, you still see different results.
In such a case, the tracker status here tends to just jump back and forth between what some see vs. what others see.

More critically though, there have also been plenty of times where the messages just bug out and stop progressing for a lot of folks mid-spawn. So you may go from 2 to 3 to 4 and then you get stuck and your game no longer shows you 5 and 6. DClone will still spawn as 6 is hit, your game just won't tell you about it and running /uberdiablo will still show it at 4 even while DClone is already sitting in your game.
In such a case, the tracker status here tends to keep moving to 5 (potentially back to 4 and to 5 and ...) and then on to 6 within normally expected timing. The tracker is in such cases actually the only real way for you to notice that he did walk, short of actively running to a spawn point in your game (which you can only do a limited no. of times before you end up blocking all spawns).

Yes, trolls do exist. And especially early on, they were a real problem with the tracker. But in my experience, that has all but died down completely and largely the only "incorrect" tracker info you get anymore is one of the two scenarios above. In #1, the tracker is still about as accurate as it can be, considering that the game is broken and bugged - no malicious intent by anyone (and it is often cleared up in the forums, then stopping the back and forth updating). In #2, the tracker is actually more accurate than your game, even though it may at first not look it.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Sadly, that is just not true. The /uberdiablo command and the related automated messages in-game have been all sorts of bugged since they were introduced.

You repeatedly run into situations where if you and someone else run /uberdiablo on the same region + game mode at the same time, you still see different results.
In such a case, the tracker status here tends to just jump back and forth between what some see vs. what others see.

More critically though, there have also been plenty of times where the messages just bug out and stop progressing for a lot of folks mid-spawn. So you may go from 2 to 3 to 4 and then you get stuck and your game no longer shows you 5 and 6. DClone will still spawn as 6 is hit, your game just won't tell you about it and running /uberdiablo will still show it at 4 even while DClone is already sitting in your game.
In such a case, the tracker status here tends to keep moving to 5 (potentially back to 4 and to 5 and ...) and then on to 6 within normally expected timing. The tracker is in such cases actually the only real way for you to notice that he did walk, short of actively running to a spawn point in your game (which you can only do a limited no. of times before you end up blocking all spawns).

Yes, trolls do exist. And especially early on, they were a real problem with the tracker. But in my experience, that has all but died down completely and the only "incorrect" tracker info you get anymore is one of the two scenarios above. In #1, the tracker is still about as accurate as it can be, considering that the game is broken and bugged - no malicious intent by anyone (and it is often cleared up in the forums, then stopping the back and forth updating). In #2, the tracker is actually more accurate than your game, even though it may at first not look it.

oh snap, thank you for the information. well that might explain some things and why it jumps back and fort and so on. So is this most on the EU server or is it on asian and america aswell ?

Schnorki 3722Moderator

PC

Yes, trolls do exist. And especially early on, they were a real problem with the tracker. But in my experience, that has all but died down completely and the only "incorrect" tracker info you get anymore is one of the two scenarios above. In #1, the tracker is still about as accurate as it can be, considering that the game is broken and bugged - no malicious intent by anyone (and it is often cleared up in the forums, then stopping the back and forth updating). In #2, the tracker is actually more accurate than your game, even though it may at first not look it.

oh snap, thank you for the information. well that might explain some things and why it jumps back and fort and so on. So is this most on the EU server or is it on asian and america aswell ?
It happens on all 3. Though certain regions seem to be "especially bugged" at times. Seems Europe is typically the top offender in that regard.

It happens on all 3. Though certain regions seem to be "especially bugged" at times. Seems Europe is typically the top offender in that regard.
oh okay i see. well kinda funny this topic came up because just a couple of days ago me and another guy kept changing the d clone status (on EU), mine said 4/6 and hes said 1/6, he pm and me and asked why i kept changin it, and i had to check with oter players first to get it confirmed that it realy was on 4/6, and all person i asked that was on the server answerd 4/6. Then after several restarts, poof, the game all of sudden also said 4/6 for him allso. it all turned out well and no hard feeling, we just realised that something fishy is going on on the server.

just happened to me.

In
Baal
room, the first wave was DClone itself.

It was not expected, because the /uberdiablo check at that moment was '
Terror
Approaches Sanctuary', as it is displayed in pic.
I checked past logs, and there was no 6/6 message in the game.

It was funny though.

server: Europe, around 16h GMT

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.
I've been able to fairly consistently repro this on the EU server. It feels like there's two regions within the region, ugh.

Repro - When it starts happening (you see people popping reports between 1/6 and 5/6 or whatever), I check my own, see which group I'm currently with. To get to the other group I've been closing the game entirely and relaunching into EU. Usually within 1-2 relaunches I can consistently see the other reported /uberdiablo status.

Then I just stay in the area with the higher report.

I know I've been one of the people who has reported on EU when some of the disagreeing reports have been happening, but I mostly stopped reporting there because of the problems. Not sure what's causing it overall. :-(
Holy crap. In the next game after
Baal
episode, Dclone was there in Countess place.. Haha
The /uberdiablo messages are nonsense again.
Kinda sad cause I wanted to farm keys.. hah

Europe is D-Bugged.

If you would like to make an offer, please add me in bnet and comment in thread with the offer. Thank you.
I had another incident on EU yesterday, the dclone spawned, but I never got the "Invaded" message in my game. Too me, it only happens on EU. Don't seem to happen on the other servers. And btw, I am currently getting "
Terror
spreads" message in my game on EU. Tracker is currently "
Terror
is about to be unleashed." Not changing the tracker because I don't know which is correct, I am personally going with what my game says.
I did get a spawn. Really weird how the messages were coming up, it went back and forth. It regressed, progressed, regressed then spawned. Weird

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...