all my trades = deleted
congrats for the shitty administration
I guess this account will be done in no time too

Can be used to make Runewords:

Some asshole admin deleted my account for no reason yesterday
all my trades = deleted
There was an issue with a curropted database and it had to get rolled back. I assume that's what affected you accout unfortunately.

post3553653.html#p3553653

azeroti#1149
PC or PS
Selling Ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
That's harsh. I mean the "a-hole" part. The responder probably meant "corrupted database". Hopefully, the vast majority of users of this site does know what a "database" is, and can deduct the meaning of "corrupted database". "Rolling back" is usually reserved for a released programming code, rather than a database, which normally gets "restored" or "refreshed" as-of some point in time. Still, flaming with a jarring rant for a technical issue is unwarranted.

Necrarch 1622Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As explained above, there was a giant issue that affected ALL trades for ALL users, and the only solution was to fully bring back the healthy backup from one day before.

If I understand correctly, yesterday is the day when you created all your own trades. That is indeed extremely unfortunate for you, and I do understand that recreating them all is a real pain somewhere.

But that was the only valid solution for everyone, and well-pondered before being applied.

As in all such situations over the Internet, courtesy is - or at least should be - kept. Insulting our only admin and owner, who built the entire site without being paid for it, maintains and improves it all along the year for an event that happened for the first time in at least 2 years is completely inappropriate.

I let you consider this and edit your post.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
chris-redfield wrote: 9 months ago
Some asshole admin deleted my account for no reason yesterday
all my trades = deleted
You are misreading the situation.

ShadowHeart 1789Moderator

Europe PC
As already mentioned by several, there was a major database corruption event yesterday affecting pretty much all trades on the whole site.

The only two options were to restore the database from a backup at a point before the corruption event, or to pretty much force all users to manually recreate/fix their trades (I don't know how many thousands of trades that would have been). Restoring a database backup means that everything in that database gets reset to the time of the backup, including the forums, trades, accounts, and everything else - it's all stored in the same database, after all.

I understand your anger and frustration, and there's nothing much to say except that you were extremely unlucky to be the one person (or one of very few people at least) to create their account and all their trades at in that ~12 hour window (not sure exactly how long) that disappeared when the database was restored.

Your account and trades were not deleted because some admin was an a-hole, your account and trades were lost because there was no other real choice to get the database back to a proper state. It's just extremely unfortunate that the backup was from before your account was created, and that you thus lost your account and trades. I'm sorry this happened to you, but I hope you'll reconsider and stick around. Events like this are not common and will (hopefully) never happen again.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Thank you very much for the replies, I didn't get it at first. I apologize for my first words and appreciate the responses. I'm glad to now know what happened. wish you all the best.

Necrarch 1622Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Thanks for your understanding, happy to see that things settle down. You have been really unlucky on this one, and we hope that the impact is not too high on your time - we all miss that resource.

Good luck, have fun.

PS. Why not having a look here :
forums/sc-nl-anni-giveaway-with-a-twist ... 11876.html

You might get luckier and not having fully lost your time :)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...