Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   293 views

Description

- When closing a trade make it harder to mess up and forget to add the username of the buyer. I'd suggest that the form validation simply requires the field to be filled out. (Could be autocomplete once features are back from being frozen)
- It's very easy to end up on the wrong realm, be it ladder or region and accidently bid on items that are elsewhere. I don't know if this should be considered a bug or if it's working as intended but the site doesn't seem to remember my preferences (in my case EU, Ladder, Softcore) when going to Trade -> Browse

While technically these might be considered a new feature these could also be a fix, so I'm posting a report.

Can be used to make Runewords:

- When closing a trade make it harder to mess up and forget to add the username of the buyer. I'd suggest that the form validation simply requires the field to be filled out. (Could be autocomplete once features are back from being frozen)
- It's very easy to end up on the wrong realm, be it ladder or region and accidently bid on items that are elsewhere. I don't know if this should be considered a bug or if it's working as intended but the site doesn't seem to remember my preferences (in my case EU, Ladder, Softcore) when going to Trade -> Browse

While technically these might be considered a new feature these could also be a fix, so I'm posting a report.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Insomnia wrote: 1 year ago
Many reports are left without a username on purpose because they completed the trade elsewhere (traderie/jsp/ingame) - so the choice to leave this field blank must remain in place for users IMO.

I can't really lift the restriction on changing that field after marking sold either, because that would allow users to easily build trust fraudulently (exchanging trust then swapping to various accounts to repeat).

So I'm not really sure what else I can do here - if anyone has any suggestions for a solution (or even an overall improvement) with the above hard requirements in place please share.
Insomnia wrote: 1 year ago
There is a button on all trade UI called 'Select Defaults' which you can click to select all your default filters.

What you describe - the site 'remembering' and selecting the filters for you each time - this was actually how the site was in the early days, but too many people complained saying it was annoying having to deselect filters, which is why I changed it.

I might leave it the way it currently stands as the default behaviour, and add a new setting somewhere in user control panel to make the filters get auto-selected for you automatically (as an opt-in for users who want it like yourself).

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Also I appreciate you noting the frozen feature flag - not many people see that!

I'm going to move this to feedback btw as its not a bug.

OP
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
So I'm not really sure what else I can do here - if anyone has any suggestions for a solution (or even an overall improvement) with the above hard requirements in place please share.
My approach would be setting up the form validation so that the username is required and adding a toggle which deactivates the field and puts in the "N/A" value if selected.
Like this I think this should be doable in just the frontend.

Just for reference when new features can be added again. :)

Necrarch 1617Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Actually I would turn it the other way around, as I have quite frequent requests to fix trades that way as being mod :
- Leaving the trade as is, as it works 95% of the cases.
- But if the field is empty leaving the option to fix the buyer/seller field after closing the trade. If it's filled, no reason to allow change, if seller picked wrong guy then mods can do it.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...