Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   450 views

Description

Maybe it's stupid idea but I fight with it on daily basis. Please made this button red or something like Switch ONLY trade! in red color so the buyer see that. I must write all over again this is switch trade to almost every offer.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Zlomy 19

Necromancer Europe Switch
Maybe it's stupid idea but I fight with it on daily basis. Please made this button red or something like Switch ONLY trade! in red color so the buyer see that. I must write all over again this is switch trade to almost every offer.

• All my offers are Switch ONLY!

The time when I can usually be reached online 17:00-22:00 UTC+1 [Europe/Prague] time
I support this :)

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

ShadowHeart 1782Moderator

Europe PC
A related suggestion is that it could be based off the user's profile setting - you can pick your platform in your profile, so the site could compare that to the platform of the trade and highlight the trade's platform more prominently if they do not match. I realize some people play on multiple platforms but can still only pick one on their profile, but the idea is not to prevent offers on the wrong platform, just make the trade's platform extra visible in case platforms don't match.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
We already had the "Select defaults" button.
Maybe make the filters activated by defaults.

Relax and have fun!
Another point is, that it would be nice, if Switch users (and other console players) can leave their ID in their profile like battle.net users (PC) can do it - see screenshot.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Fliflaflo wrote: 1 year ago
Another point is, that it would be nice, if Switch users (and other console players) can leave their ID in their profile like battle.net users (PC) can do it - see screenshot.
Assuming I understood Teeb's update spoilers correctly, that part will actually be introduced today. :)

As for the original request, I'd somewhat expand on/adjust that. In theory, if one selects switch as a platform and does not also select PC or whatever, it should be obvious that it is a switch only trade. The problem being simply that people don't read (and don't even bother setting their search filter for it which would already fix the issue). Same reason those of us who trade on ladder as well as non-ladder also have to keep explaining that a trade is ladder or non-ladder only respectively (so I get your pain).

The thing is, a few (feels like a lot actually) of the console players do end up having multiple platforms they can trade on (either themselves or with a middleman) so selecting switch doesn't necessarily always mean "switch ONLY" but it may simply be one of "switch, playstation or PC".

So IMO (more for Teeb's reference), it shouldn't be a general rephrasing/"exclusive highlighting" if added, so much as it would be conditional if at all in that if you only select switch and nothing else, it may show as "switch only" and if you select switch + whatever, it continues to show as it does, without the "only".

Realistically though (sadly), if folks are too lazy to comprehend "this is a switch trade", they will equally be too lazy to get "this is a switch only trade".
@Schnorki

I agree to mostly what you say.

For sure, it's obligatory, that Switch players (and all other's too) highlight their trades as a Switch trade (or what else).
And, of course, that ones, who search for something, should use the filters correctly.
But let's leave exceptions aside.

The point is, that most of the trades (>90%??) are for PC gamers. So, that is standard. In my opinion, because it is standard, most "searchers" forget to set the filter. I have a lot of requests to my trades and a lot of retractions, because people recognize to late, that it's a Switch trade, although I point it very clearly out.

So, precisely because the consoles trade are rare, they should be highlighted. This is also the case in normal life, where exceptions to the rule are highlighted.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Agreed. Merely saying having it always be "switch ONLY" would
Confuse
those who look at trades that are indeed switch + playstation or whatever else. Hence the conditional adaptation suggestion.

Though I sadly remain skeptical as to what good it may do in the end, seeing how the current implementation is already blatantly obvious and kinda hard to miss for anyone who doesn't simply tunnelvision the response field (i.e. who would also miss any adapted wording). :/

Here's an alternate idea actually:
Don't rely on wording alone. If a trade is switch only or more specifically console only (i.e. doesn't have PC marked as a platform and hence falls out of the norm), add a popup to the response submission:

1) Go to trade
2) Ignore the switch flag (current issue)
3) Submit a response, expecting it to be a PC trade
4) Get a confirmation popup along the lines of "please confirm you understand that this is a switch/ps/whatever only and NOT a PC trade".
5.a) Yes = submits as normal
5.b) No = cancels submission of an offer as the tunnelvision folks now get something that even they can't miss (though I'm sure some still will).

It would of course make the whole process slightly more annoying for actual console traders as they, too, would get the confirmation. But might be worth it to save you all that explanatory time. Or to go even further (Teeb, how much time you got? :P) make it only show if the trade platform doesn't match with the account prefs platform(s) of the person making the offer.

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Side note : with several people accepting to be middle men between various platforms (thanks guys!), sometimes you may actually want to see all trades also. Should not be too blocked neither. ;)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Aye, don't think anyone wants to block them. Just avoid the accidental assumptions bit. :)
OP

Zlomy 19

Wow, I didn't expect so much discussion around this small suggestion point. I thing just keep it simple... we know that people are little lazy to read. I think that Friend code to profile is not necessary. For example I solved this by my signature where is my SW code and other info. I can put in every Trade red line THIS IS SWITCH TRADE ONLY... but why to do that if this is already there but for lazy reader little bit invisible.

The time when I can usually be reached online 17:00-22:00 UTC+1 [Europe/Prague] time

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux
Zlomy wrote: 1 year ago

Snímek obrazovky 2023-02-15 v 10.30.47.png
This can flash on the screen all over the trade and people will still mess it up.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

Necrarch 1618Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Tend to think that the new Green WTB will help for wtb trades.

Each platform could similarly have a relevant color code.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP

Zlomy 19

Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Tend to think that the new Green WTB will help for wtb trades.

Each platform could similarly have a relevant color code.
Visualization by colors is important but don't overdo it. Keep it simple but visible. 😅

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...