Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
21 replies   1416 views

Description

I keep seeing people saying items are sold for higher then what anyone has posted, they also never link a name when this happens. Is this information looked over by someone, or is it just entered in to the system after a certain amount of time has passed? I have personally experienced this 5 or 6 times in the last 2 days on trades I've posted in. I post most likely the max offer I can, and then the seller will normally post in response "waiting for more" and then sell the item for a rune combo that was 1 above mine with no name of the buyer who supposedly paid for said item.
Description by TrippyAcid

Can be used to make Runewords:

I keep seeing people saying items are sold for higher then what anyone has posted, they also never link a name when this happens. Is this information looked over by someone, or is it just entered in to the system after a certain amount of time has passed? I have personally experienced this 5 or 6 times in the last 2 days on trades I've posted in. I post most likely the max offer I can, and then the seller will normally post in response "waiting for more" and then sell the item for a rune combo that was 1 above mine with no name of the buyer who supposedly paid for said item.
Request fulfilledby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
@TrippyAcid to answer your question, no - prices are reported as is and enter the historical databank after 3 days - without any manual human review. The trading community here relies on voluntary good will for it's price data, which is quantitative rather than qualitative.

What these means is you see the raw prices being reported, and are expected to consider for yourself whether you think any one of those reported prices are 'overpriced' in your opinion - people often get into tussles over what they think something is worth - we don't make and/or defend definitive statements on item prices like other sites do. The information is there for you to interpret as you will.

You're not the first person to make claims about price fixing and manipulation here on the forums, accusing others of artificially inflating prices by making a string of false listings etc. If you think this is going on on this site specifically, send me or any of the mods a message with the substantive evidence and we can investigate this very easily and take action if necessary. We haven't had to do this yet in over a year of trading, but will take any reports seriously nonetheless.

I think this topic needs to be locked now because there's lots of personal rebukes being flown in both directions.

dl-_-lb
u ho
They could have sold in a lobby game or on another site. Obviously they don't have a name to link the trade to after.

I doubt people would inflate prices as there is little to no reason to do so. If that were the case they'd need to have a sizable stash of said item and buy every other said item entering the market to corner it and only then profit from their lies. And if you see the person "selling" the item again in a day with the same stats after sale from yesterday? Move along, not worth your time.

Convoluted? Yes. Worth it? Again, doubt it.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
They could have sold in a lobby game or on another site. Obviously they don't have a name to link the trade to after.

I doubt people would inflate prices as there is little to no reason to do so. If that were the case they'd need to have a sizable stash of said item and buy every other said item entering the market to corner it and only then profit from their lies.

Convoluted? Yes. Worth it? Again, doubt it.
That logic doesn't work on big ticket items on this site, less people have it and lots want it. But other sites that have been around much longer make your statement of controlling a market of a single item way easier then you think it might be.

Edit: My main question was, is any of the final sale data reviewed by a human or is it all just thrown in?

dl-_-lb
u ho
Ok, you have:

a) a logic argument
b) a conspiracy theory

I know what I believe.

If you have the time controlling the market via different sites, more power to you. It's your time and there are no rules to trading (mostly).
I know of better ways to spend time on.

No trading data is reviewed by humans unless you made an oopsie yourself and want a mod to take a look at it. The site is run by a single person and a handful of mods. I'd bet that a mod/@Teebling would look at something, if asked to. Like several high-end trades where each trade took 5 mins from start to sale and got immense value in trade to *blank*.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
OP
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
Ok, you have:

a) a logic argument
b) a conspiracy theory

I know what I believe.

If you have the time controlling the market via different sites, more power to you. It's your time and there are no rules to trading (mostly).
I know of better ways to spend time on.

No trading data is reviewed by humans unless you made an oopsie yourself and want a mod to take a look at it. The site is run by a single person and a handful of mods. I'd bet that a mod/@Teebling would look at something, if asked to. Like several high-end trades where each trade took 5 mins from start to sale and got immense value in trade to *blank*.
I have proof of accounts with no trust doing this, then posting within 30 minutes overpay by a lot.

The conspiracy thing is a little toxic, the questions I have are validated by you telling me all sell data is not looked over.

dl-_-lb
u ho
I mean Traderie is the biggest trading site for D2R...
A lot of people sell both here and there and just wait for the bigger offer.
I personally do that as well and I delete the trade instead of selling it to N/A...
OP
Markonicus wrote: 1 year ago
I mean Traderie is the biggest trading site for D2R...
A lot of people sell both here and there and just wait for the bigger offer.
I personally do that as well and I delete the trade instead of selling it to N/A...
I'm not saying that doesn't happen, but this seems to only happen on here with bigger valued items.

In every instance of what I'm saying happens, I offer equal value on what that item is worth. After that they somehow get a way better offer then what I posted, that literally no one would pay for said item. Its like somehow they are receiving offers that are what you would offer for a item if it rolled well, all of the cases I've seen are items that didn't roll well at all and they magically find a buyer willing to pay for it at a price way over value of the item. I've had that happen where they mark the buyer on Diablo
Io
who overplayed, when there are 3 or 4 other items posted that are the same stats or greater that are asking for less then what I was bid up to.

dl-_-lb
u ho
You seem very convinced you know what is going on, regardless of what others respond. Are you just looking for validation or do you want the truth? It would be a different matter if you could provide examples of what you're talking about.
OP
worstd2playerever wrote: 1 year ago
You seem very convinced you know what is going on, regardless of what others respond. Are you just looking for validation or do you want the truth? It would be a different matter if you could provide examples of what you're talking about.
If you do not understand why I have that opinion then maybe the conversation is not for you?

Its not a hard to do what I've said, anyone can see that plain as day.

dl-_-lb
u ho
hmm i think it´s hard to find out. i sold an anni for a
Ber
rune in a lobby game. on this site someone has sold an anni with only 1 point less in resistance for a
Vex
. so if i report the trade on this site it´s ok for me cause someone payed the price that i want for it. dont forget that many players didnt noticed that there are trading sites and they cant take a look like "ohh this anni with that stats are only a
Vex
and not a
Ber
rune" and in the last ladder i sold a 20/20 anni for a
Jah
many players will say its to low for a perfect one but i wanted my first Enigma so hard that i only had this anni about 5min. what i want to say is you can have luck in a trade and get much more or you want something and you give away stuff way to cheap.greetings and sorry my english is maybe not that good :]
TrippyAcid wrote: 1 year ago
If you do not understand why I have that opinion then maybe the conversation is not for you?

I understand you just fine. You are rude and a textbook example of Dunning/Kruger in action.
OP
Banshee wrote: 1 year ago
hmm i think it´s hard to find out. i sold an anni for a
Ber
rune in a lobby game. on this site someone has sold an anni with only 1 point less in resistance for a
Vex
. so if i report the trade on this site it´s ok for me cause someone payed the price that i want for it. dont forget that many players didnt noticed that there are trading sites and they cant take a look like "ohh this anni with that stats are only a
Vex
and not a
Ber
rune" and in the last ladder i sold a 20/20 anni for a
Jah
many players will say its to low for a perfect one but i wanted my first Enigma so hard that i only had this anni about 5min. what i want to say is you can have luck in a trade and get much more or you want something and you give away stuff way to cheap.greetings and sorry my english is maybe not that good :]
I understand that not all items go for what they are valued at, but would you trade a
Ist
for a
Ral
? I'm pretty sure most of us wouldn't do that. Same with trading a Anti-perfect Griffon's for a
Jah
/
Ber
. No one is going to do that, if you are looking to buy a griffons you are most likely not a casual player and have researched a fair price on said item or what ever other item you are looking for. I also understand that not every single person would look up prices, but most of us are not just going to find the first posted item we need and start over bidding for it. With how small the pool is for this site on people its also not hard for me to assume that people could bid up there own post's in a attempt to get more out of it.

dl-_-lb
u ho
OP

I understand you just fine. You are rude and a textbook example of Dunning/Kruger in action.
I mean, you have contributed nothing to this post other then calling me ignorant.

Imagine reading all of this, and not understanding that the entire reason I posted it was to find out if item sales are at all checked by a human. <---- dunning kruger effect truly in action.

dl-_-lb
u ho
But where are those trades that you are mentioning, show us real examples.
Also some players tend to "delete trades" by selling them to N/A for asked price, that's also the case.
OP
Markonicus wrote: 1 year ago
But where are those trades that you are mentioning, show us real examples.
Also some players tend to "delete trades" by selling them to N/A for asked price, that's also the case.
Again ( I said any higher value item earlier ), you can look at any item that is valued at or above
Sur
and see plenty of examples.

dl-_-lb
u ho
You've had multiple people disagree with you and not a single person agreeing with you. I asked you to provide evidence. You didn't. I don't see how to search your bid history, only your sales. You won't even say what types of items, just 'high end'. You got your answer long ago. They aren't checked manually by a person. At this point you just want to argue with people who disagree with you. I didn't call you ignorant, only overconfident as to your level of knowledge on the issue. That's what Dunning/Kruger is. Show EVIDENCE or you're talking out of your ass.
OP
You've had multiple people disagree with you and not a single person agreeing with you. I asked you to provide evidence. You didn't. I don't see how to search your bid history, only your sales. You won't even say what types of items, just 'high end'. You got your answer long ago. They aren't checked manually by a person. At this point you just want to argue with people who disagree with you. I didn't call you ignorant, only overconfident as to your level of knowledge on the issue. That's what Dunning/Kruger is. Show EVIDENCE or you're talking out of your ass.
So responding to post's on my post is arguing now? Why would I show you anything you wouldn't fix it anyway?

dl-_-lb
u ho
So responding to post's on my post is arguing now? Why would I show you anything you wouldn't fix it anyway?
Exactly. No evidence. You won't even give a specific item example. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and check sales histories for 'things worth more than a
Sur
' like
Ber
and Enigma. I didn't see anything resembling what you're talking about. If you don't think what you're doing is being argumentative I suggest you reread what you've written.
OP
Exactly. No evidence. You won't even give a specific item example. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and check sales histories for 'things worth more than a
Sur
' like
Ber
and Enigma. I didn't see anything resembling what you're talking about. If you don't think what you're doing is being argumentative I suggest you reread what you've written.
I'm oh so sorry you did 10 minutes of research and didn't find a single instance! wow you must be the best detective in the world! that must completely invalidate my entire post!?!

the fact that you cant see how possible what ive said is makes me think you are either bored or trolling at this point to try to say its not a thing because you spent 10 minutes looking for proof of it.

I do have evidence, you wont be reviewing it however Mr. 10 minutes detective.

dl-_-lb
u ho

Sur
' like
Ber
I'm oh so sorry you did 10 minutes of research and didn't find a single issue! wow you must be the best detective in the world!

I do have evidence, you wont be reviewing it however Mr. 10 minutes detective.
Less than 10 minutes, actually. Much more time than you're worth, unfortunately.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...