Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1492 views

More trade "sort by" and filter options

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

The sort by options are limited currently. For all of the suggestions below, you can refer to the screenshot at the bottom. Note, I see no reason to limit this to active or sold items.

I'd love to see the following options added to the "sort by" list in all trades:

1) sort by "expiration"...I can see it being helpful to see the "soon to expire" trades first. Note, this is not quite the same as the listing date. See screenshot where listed values don't have the same expiration.

2) sort by "views". Currently, you see the eyeball icon next to each listing, see attachment below. I might want to see items that seem to be the most "viewed" and compare to my listing to improve them. Or, I might want to get an idea of what items are more desirable to others, so sorting by "views" could help with this. This could help to improve listings by making it easier to see how things work by seeing good examples.

3) sort by "offers" / comments. Generally, when pricing items, I'm looking for at least 2 offers in a similar range for an item to ensure it's more likely a legitimate trade and what the value is. Sorting by "offers" could help me find these faster.

4) sort by "highest offer"... It would be great to have a way to see what the highest current offer is and sort or filter by it. This looks more complicated because internally, it appears that any comment on a trade is considered an "offer" so you'd have to figure out what's an offer and what's not an offer.

I can also see there being some benefit to filter the results by the above options.

Thanks!

Can be used to make Runewords:

The sort by options are limited currently. For all of the suggestions below, you can refer to the screenshot at the bottom. Note, I see no reason to limit this to active or sold items.

I'd love to see the following options added to the "sort by" list in all trades:

1) sort by "expiration"...I can see it being helpful to see the "soon to expire" trades first. Note, this is not quite the same as the listing date. See screenshot where listed values don't have the same expiration.

2) sort by "views". Currently, you see the eyeball icon next to each listing, see attachment below. I might want to see items that seem to be the most "viewed" and compare to my listing to improve them. Or, I might want to get an idea of what items are more desirable to others, so sorting by "views" could help with this. This could help to improve listings by making it easier to see how things work by seeing good examples.

3) sort by "offers" / comments. Generally, when pricing items, I'm looking for at least 2 offers in a similar range for an item to ensure it's more likely a legitimate trade and what the value is. Sorting by "offers" could help me find these faster.

4) sort by "highest offer"... It would be great to have a way to see what the highest current offer is and sort or filter by it. This looks more complicated because internally, it appears that any comment on a trade is considered an "offer" so you'd have to figure out what's an offer and what's not an offer.

I can also see there being some benefit to filter the results by the above options.

Thanks!
Seconding all of the above.

On a related note, the "views" on trades currently seems to increment even from just refreshing the page on your own listing.

If it instead reflected the number of unique visitors besides the creator who had looked at least once, that would probably be much more valuable information.
Even more so if it were to become a sortable category.
I´m not sure if "expires in" is really useful, I mean it gets refreshed when you bump the trade anyway.

The idea to sort by "Views" and "Offers/comments" is really good, I was searching for that option like 2 days ago.

I guess "sort by highest offer" is hard to implement, because each trade is just a forum thread and you had to crawl all the posts in each thread for that. On top of that, it´s not always clear, what the best offer is.

ShadowHeart 1748Moderator

Europe PC
Yeah, to sort by offer, they would have to implement a proper offer system, where an offer requires inputting the items and quantities in a form rather than a simple forum post. Kind of like the form when you mark a trade as closed, I guess.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Teebling 5829Admin

Europe PC
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Yeah, to sort by offer, they would have to implement a proper offer system, where an offer requires inputting the items and quantities in a form rather than a simple forum post. Kind of like the form when you mark a trade as closed, I guess.
Indeed.

Sorry for not responding here guys, this stuff is actually on the list (sorting options requested) :)

OP
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Indeed.

Sorry for not responding here guys, this stuff is actually on the list (sorting options requested) :)
Awesome. I'm more than open to discussing my suggestions or choosing to not include one or more because you have a better way to solve the underlying use case.

Thanks all.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...