diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   168 views

Description

Device: PC
Browser: Firefox

Steps to reproduce:
- View trade listings (search for any)
- Open a trade listing
- Go back to overview of listings (Unread indicator moves from red to gray as it is now read)
- Wait until trade is bumped
- Go to same overview of listings (Unread indicator is now red again)

Anything else to add:
Basically, the act of bumping a trade makes it appear as unread even though there isn't any actual new post or edit in it. This sadly leads to a lot of "re-reading" work as a lot of trade posts don't immediately have the stats spelled out (so can't reliably just read what you need in the overview). In cases where you are searching for (for example) a perfect/very high version of something that is otherwise quite common, you can't recall 3-5 pages worth of listings based on the first couple words/trader name each. As a result, you basically have to re-open all of them every time they got bumped to check if they're new and might have the stats you need, typically only to realize that you already read that one 50 times before.
Would be awesome if the unread indicator could be changed/fixed to only show as red/unread when there has been an actual new post and/or an edit to the existing post(s) since you last read it. So not solely based on the act of bumping.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3272Moderator

PC
Device: PC
Browser: Firefox

Steps to reproduce:
- View trade listings (search for any)
- Open a trade listing
- Go back to overview of listings (Unread indicator moves from red to gray as it is now read)
- Wait until trade is bumped
- Go to same overview of listings (Unread indicator is now red again)

Anything else to add:
Basically, the act of bumping a trade makes it appear as unread even though there isn't any actual new post or edit in it. This sadly leads to a lot of "re-reading" work as a lot of trade posts don't immediately have the stats spelled out (so can't reliably just read what you need in the overview). In cases where you are searching for (for example) a perfect/very high version of something that is otherwise quite common, you can't recall 3-5 pages worth of listings based on the first couple words/trader name each. As a result, you basically have to re-open all of them every time they got bumped to check if they're new and might have the stats you need, typically only to realize that you already read that one 50 times before.
Would be awesome if the unread indicator could be changed/fixed to only show as red/unread when there has been an actual new post and/or an edit to the existing post(s) since you last read it. So not solely based on the act of bumping.

Teebling 5978Admin

Europe PC
Thanks for the detailed report Schnork, get what you mean here.

It is default phpBB behaviour to mark the topic as 'unread' after a bump, but I can see how this is super annoying when you don't know if the last 'activity' in the topic was a real comment or just a bump.

I'll see if I can find a way to hide the red indicator when the last post is just a bump and not a real offer, that's the simplest solution.

Alternatively, could make the icon blue (like the corner icon of bumped posts), but that's starting to introduce new things to the UI that might
Confuse
peeps even more :P

OP

Schnorki 3272Moderator

PC
I'd be super happy about anything other than the same red. :D
OP

Schnorki 3272Moderator

PC
I've come to notice that this actually isn't just trades but applies to normal forum posts as well (same reasoning/functionality I'd assume), seeing how those random "what if items were different?.." topics all keep getting bumped for days with no activity.

Would be brilliant if they, too just stayed gray (or turned blue as you noted) vs. going red again.

Also, I believe there's a bit of a possible downside in your "simplest solution", sadly. If it is based solely on the last post being a bump, rather than the read status then in a scenario where say I don't log in for 2 days, someone makes a new trade on day 1, bumps it on day 2 and I only see it on day 3, it'll already appear as old/blue, despite my not having read it. So basically, I'd still have to take a look to 'be sure', any time I may have not logged in for more than the minimum bump interval (so basically every morning).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...