Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   222 views

Suggestion: Primary search bar results should include bumped listings

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Currently the primary search results only shows listings created in the past 24h, but does not show listings bumped in the last 24h. This encourages users to create new posts for their items every 24h to make them visible to more users, which is tedious, results in more data on your end, and most of the time old listings never get updated by the user. Suggestion is to change the filter to posts created or bumped in the last 24h. I don't know what your back-end looks like, but this could be a column that's initialized with the creation date and updated with the bump date, which is then used as the datetime to filter on.

Example:
Freshly bumped listing.
Listing still does not display in primary search results.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Currently the primary search results only shows listings created in the past 24h, but does not show listings bumped in the last 24h. This encourages users to create new posts for their items every 24h to make them visible to more users, which is tedious, results in more data on your end, and most of the time old listings never get updated by the user. Suggestion is to change the filter to posts created or bumped in the last 24h. I don't know what your back-end looks like, but this could be a column that's initialized with the creation date and updated with the bump date, which is then used as the datetime to filter on.

Example:
Freshly bumped listing.
Listing still does not display in primary search results.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
@PyRobotic @LockeDown I've fixed this.

Now shows all trades with a last post time, or bump, or the original date of posting, within the last 24h. So bumped trades won't be lost in that search anymore.

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Yep, similar topic posted in bug reports today.

It's 'on my radar' as blizz would say.

Not sure which is easier but even having the option to click a button or link to see all results greater than 24h for your search query would be nice.

I know you can click on an item from the database and view prior listings but most people will be trying to find all active listings from this trade search field.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
LockeDown wrote: 2 years ago
Not sure which is easier but even having the option to click a button or link to see all results greater than 24h for your search query would be nice.
If traffic calms down then sure - but for now there X-hundred trades being posted every hour. If I extended the timeframe then 1. server would crash and 2. people wouldn't be able to see a variety of items for their search because it'd be clogged by common trades.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
LockeDown wrote: 2 years ago
If traffic calms down then sure - but for now there X-hundred trades being posted every hour. If I extended the timeframe then 1. server would crash and 2. people wouldn't be able to see a variety of items for their search because it'd be clogged by common trades.
Was just tossing out my armchair ideas :) I'd rather not see traffic die down and for those looking for items can really know how to look for them.

Honestly since the bump feature exists OPs plan is probably the best way to save on constant relisted new posts.

What you have here is amazing and we just want to see it thrive with new and old returning players as a great way to trade and read up on items/recipes/etc.

So thanks for all the hard work and we look forward to future improvements as they come along! And congrats on hitting 10k members!

PS
I had no idea or intention to hijack your avatar. I like to imagine my primary HC Sorc as a little happy crazy wanting to risk her life in Hell.

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC

Now shows all trades with a last post time, or bump, or the original date of posting, within the last 24h. So bumped trades won't be lost in that search anymore.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago

That's fantastic news! Thanks Teebling!

LockeDown
Hardcore PC Ladder
OP
Just tried it on one of my listings and got an offer within a minute! Great work!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...