Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1390 views
Send a private message to this trader, pre-populated with information about this trade.
This trade will expire 2 years ago
Other filters:

Description

Hi all.

Im observing some instances where people are offering unid torches for a keyset and I'm a bit lost for the reason behind this. I mean yes, it's a gamble.. torch might be good or might be bad. But why go through UT just to change the torch back to a keyset afterwards?

I remember a long time ago, when LOD was still young, when people advised against trading unid-stuff as there were ways (hacks) to make identified items unid again. I suppose (hope) that's just me being in tinfoil-hat mode and nothing of the sort is going on here with the torches.

If someone with a grasp on the reasoning behind this could enlighten me, I'd be grateful :)

Cheers
Description by Fenris

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all.

Im observing some instances where people are offering unid torches for a keyset and I'm a bit lost for the reason behind this. I mean yes, it's a gamble.. torch might be good or might be bad. But why go through UT just to change the torch back to a keyset afterwards?

I remember a long time ago, when LOD was still young, when people advised against trading unid-stuff as there were ways (hacks) to make identified items unid again. I suppose (hope) that's just me being in tinfoil-hat mode and nothing of the sort is going on here with the torches.

If someone with a grasp on the reasoning behind this could enlighten me, I'd be grateful :)

Cheers
as you said it's a gamble, some people prefer get stable revenue more than jackpot
OP
But I fail to see the revenue. You put in a keyset to get the torch then switch it back to the keyset. What am I missing? Are they getting more than 3x3 for the torch?

y2kid 71

PC
Usually people trade 4x3 for an unid. They profit 3 keys. If they manage to sell 3 unid torches, that would mean next time instead of farming 3 they'll farm 4 and so on

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
OP
okay, that I understand. I suppose they are just being vague when asking for a "keyset" and wanting more than 3x3 is implied. Thanks for the explanation.
Yes, 4x3 is always asked for an unid, payment is 1x3 or runes (
Mal
value).
Sorc torch is actualy high (
Ohm
+ depending on stats) and a
3x3 Keyset
worth
Gul
So unid torch must have à price between
Gul
(3x3) +
Mal
(lowest torch) and
Ber
darkrezus wrote: 2 years ago
Mal
value).
Ohm
3x3 Keyset
worth
Gul
Gul
(3x3) +
Mal
(lowest torch) and
Ber
would you say the 4x3 set itself be worth
Vex
to
Ohm
?

I'm pacific time zone and on most nights. Please don't leave a bid and not respond as I usually have a quick response.

check out my items for trade member/fission239/
No, keys worth nothing more than time playing, every one can have them with mid-stuff (15 minutes for 1
Key
), much fastest than farmin
Mephisto
for example.
Killing ubers is much more complicated, and is the Torch itself which is valuable.
So 4x3 for unid torch is good, time vs time (not rarety) and acceptable at any time 😁

After that the problem is price in runes, lot of People are looking for keys at the moment, that's why is worth
Gul
(3xMal), but in severals weeks it should go down.

For me 3D =
Mal
(hard to have with nilatak), 3H =3T =
Pul
/
Um
😉

So 4x3, is like 2
Ist
(max)

Here is my actual business, buying keys and selling unid torch between 2
Ist
and
Vex
(this dépends on market offer vs demands, week day or week-end etc)

y2kid 71

PC
fission239 wrote: 2 years ago
darkrezus wrote: 2 years ago
Mal
value).
Ohm
3x3 Keyset
worth
Gul
Gul
(3x3) +
Mal
(lowest torch) and
Ber
would you say the 4x3 set itself be worth
Vex
to
Ohm
?
Pretty much what was said already. If you want a value for the 4x3.
Gul
is 3x3 and around
Mal
is for 3 more keys 3
Mal
~
Gul
, that is why 3x3 is
Gul
so at best your 4x3 would be 4
Mal
or 2
Ist
or
Gul
+
Mal
. Hardly any unid are sold for a
Vex
anymore and... as @darkrezus said the torch is worth more because you actually need to spend time farming it and gear a correct character etc. So 4x3 is one unid and one unid is <
Vex
. So 4x3 can never be a
Vex
. maybe for someone really desperate... but that will be a one time deal

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Torch prices are going down and if they can get 4x3 for three torches that means they get a free torch. The people paying it are dumb though because 80% of torches if not more are worth less than
Gul
so the odds are overwhelmingly against you.

Copy-paste message

Useful when contacting traders outside of diablo2.io. Click the box to copy to your clipboard.

Hello. Saw your trade at https://diablo2.io/trade/unid-torches-and-keysets-t247787.html. Is this still available?

Prices for this item

Prices from the database:

Recent (3d) Historical

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

Watchers

No users watching this Trade

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation