Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
63 replies   4316 views

Description

Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

The function Udyret is referring to is still beeing used in the indiablo forums (german) where "vendors" post their trades and the ppl keep track of current ladder prices.
Since these are already 27 ladders old and quite the same every ladder, prices should adjust the same in D2R.

However it would be great if we could post trades with their worth:
PGs
Lem

Pul

Um

Mal

Ist

BUT this would require to even post the stats (because prices can VARY a lot if items are perfectly rolled) ... so i guess it gets too complicated.

[edit]
and before I forgot:
There is no display of possible automods on the items.
In my example, the
Grand Matron Bow
should display the possibility to have automods on it!

D2 & LoD Veteran
Twitch: chr_isso
If you like my posts & content, I would really appreciate a follow on twitch!
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build

Deleted User 632 0

i haven't used this indiablo forum. @sabcoll you got a link to these posts?
we could use some of that info to get it started. keep it simple at first and add more options over time. and wouldn't the new global marked have a bit different price progression? i'm guessing you will need to add all these things like stats for buy and sell search filter anyway. that could maybe be used for both?

Grand Matron Bow
have auto mods info in the description when you click on it. doesn't it look a bit weird showing all the runewords you can have in it on the quick link?
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
Sabcoll wrote: 2 years ago
However it would be great if we could post trades with their worth:
The way I see it is that every trade would have a ‘buying’ column and a ‘selling’ column - in that way people would be able to define the value of the item themselves, or at least what they’d expect for the item being traded. In this way I can make SQL queries to automate things - so for example if there are 5 ads for a 5 socket base
Flail
and most of them have a
Ber
rune in them somewhere, I could add a section to the items themselves called ‘often sells for’ or something like that which would just take the mean amount of times those kind of items appear in sell columns and order them by frequency or something.

I’m enjoying these discussions a lot, but bear in mind that I will first be focusing on making this actually work on a very basic level - prioritising convenience and ease of use of the market. I have lots of plans for then taking the raw data in trade ads and being able to query it - but that’s for later down the line.

Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
i haven't used this indiablo forum. @sabcoll you got a link to these posts?
we could use some of that info to get it started. keep it simple at first and add more options over time. and wouldn't the new global marked have a bit different price progression? i'm guessing you will need to add all these things like stats for buy and sell search filter anyway. that could maybe be used for both?

Grand Matron Bow
have auto mods info in the description when you click on it. doesn't it look a bit weird showing all the runewords you can have in it on the quick link?
They have it in the description because I added it :D
But what I tried to say was, that automods (generally) could be visible upon hovering.

https://planetdiablo.eu/forum/threads/p ... 8.1795612/

https://planetdiablo.eu/forum/threads/p ... 8.1794467/

@Teebling just take your time, all we do is brainstorm :)

D2 & LoD Veteran
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
I need to add another post.

I'm voting for overviews/item lists or maybe an addition to the search function:

When I type in search "Elite Armor" I want to see a list of all elite body armors...

D2 & LoD Veteran
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
I need to add another post.

I'm voting for overviews/item lists or maybe an addition to the search function:

When I type in search "Elite Armor" I want to see a list of all elite body armors...
With the way the instant search is coded I’d have to make an item-like page which is list of all of those items so that you can search for it.

The code side of that isn’t hard, but I don’t have the time to collate and make all those lists myself with everything else.

If you wanted to make a few lists yourself, just as forum topics for now, I can convert these into lists you’d be able to search for :)

Udyret wrote: 2 years ago
about trading. i was thinking. would it be a good idea to have some kind of way for players to add sold items to a list we all can use. look up your history of sold items, or history of all recent sold items, look up prices for specific items. if you are not sure what price is correct to put for a certain item. or you just want to know if it's worth anything.
Maybe in addoition to this, make people rate the trader. So we can see what rating people have and see if they are trustworthy or not.
Im from the Netherlands and we have an online marketplace here. It keeps tracks of the records of the seller "replies within 2h" "is very friendly" stuff like that. Rating is done with the 5 star rating system.
In the end I think you want to have trustworthy people on the trading site and no scammers.

Deleted User 632 0

..................................................................................
Bro i feel you haha.. im german, played in german 90% of the time and traded in both languages.
German translation is horrible.

That being said.. how awesome would german/french/spanish translations of item names be?
Imagine you could search the database for your local language...
If you wanted to make a few lists yourself, just as forum topics for now, I can convert these into lists you’d be able to search for :)
Any special formatting needed? Where should I put the lists?

D2 & LoD Veteran
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
Ethegro wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe in addoition to this, make people rate the trader. So we can see what rating people have and see if they are trustworthy or not.
Im from the Netherlands and we have an online marketplace here. It keeps tracks of the records of the seller "replies within 2h" "is very friendly" stuff like that. Rating is done with the 5 star rating system.
In the end I think you want to have trustworthy people on the trading site and no scammers.
Yup, a reputation system is coming with the Trade marketplace. Already planned out.

@Udyret nice one on compiling that list of values from the indiablo site - perhaps it deserves its own topic in the Forums and an update to full English language item names? I'm sure that people would appreciate having a rough indication of trade prices at a time like this!
Any special formatting needed? Where should I put the lists?
I'll send you a PM shortly describing the best way to do it.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
@Udyret nice one on compiling that list of values from the indiablo site - perhaps it deserves its own topic in the Forums and an update to full English language item names? I'm sure that people would appreciate having a rough indication of trade prices at a time like this!
@Udyret Before you put too much work into it, there is also a D2.net topic on item prices. Use it with caution and as an estimation and always aim a little higher in the beginning, just in case.
Damn, i loved trading in D2 lol...
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads ... 17.937921/

they're more or less equal i guess, but i never did an exact comparism.

D2 & LoD Veteran
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
@Udyret Before you put too much work into it, there is also a D2.net topic on item prices. Use it with caution and as an estimation and always aim a little higher in the beginning, just in case.
Damn, i loved trading in D2 lol...
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads ... 17.937921/

they're more or less equal i guess, but i never did an exact comparism.
Is it really needed to put up an indocation price for an item? Prices will be fluctuating big from the start of a Season. Eventually prices will start dropping.
And sometimes somerhing is worth way more then people end up paying because someone really needs what the other is offering.
It could be handy for newer people out there. But its not something that should have a high prio in my oppinion.

Deleted User 632 0

i don't know @Ethegro. i guess 99.9% of old trading players will just use fg on d2jsp or RMT. maybe some of the new players, who stick around for more then a week or two, and a few of the old players coming back for d2r can get some use out of it. i personally learned a lot translating the German guide though. if the Germans can trade using gems and runes. why can't we?
Hey @Teebling,
any news on the site's progress?

D2 & LoD Veteran
Ex InDiablo.de Staff
Greatest Find:
Arkaine's Valor
Fishyzon Build
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
Hey @Teebling,
any news on the site's progress?
Here's a sneak peek what I've managed to do over the last two weeks of being back :) Still a lot to do. Hoping for a patch deployment on the open beta weekend (1.5 weeks from now).

Khegan 376

@Teebling Looking real good so far!
Description written by X and Data contributed by X on item pages + edit history
I'm curious about this part. As someone who's edited quite a few descriptions, will credit for the original creator of the description remain unaffected by subsequent editors?
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
@Teebling Looking real good so far!
Description written by X and Data contributed by X on item pages + edit history
I'm curious about this part. As someone who's edited quite a few descriptions, will credit for the original creator of the description remain unaffected by subsequent editors?
No, the credit will always go to the person who last edited the description. Unfortunately this is as far as I can go with it realistically for now. Note that you will be able to see edit history of these descriptions as a Contributor so perhaps later down the line I can multi-credit people. Same thing with data contributions - after the updates to items in patch 0.3 the credit goes to the most recent contribution for the item.

Khegan 376

Okay, I see. Thanks!
OP

Teebling 5849Admin

Europe PC
Finished the Crafted Items and their Recipes today :)
Credit to @Khegan and @sinrok for the original contributions way back when - sorry it took so long to get them done!

In other news @
Stormlash
has completed the base contribs for Skills, @CitationNumber has completed the Areas (pending processing), and @Krythic has made a script to part-automate the generation of monster auxiliary contributions: forums/diablo2-io-monster-auxillary-dat ... t5915.html.

Damn I was looking forward to manually entering monster data as I enjoy mind numbing work when my mind is mush from real work heheh.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...