Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
7 replies   250 views

Lobby - Is there a way to prevent the default difficult setting to change to Normal?

No data yet

Description

Hi

More then once I perceived that I was farming Normal game instead of a Hell game, and realized that this happened beacuse I created a previous game with my L1 Mule (which does not have access to Hell) and the Game changed the default difficult settings to Normal for all characters 🙁😓

Is there a way to prevent it?
(make the default difficult settings always the highest possible for each character?)
Description by fredkid

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi

More then once I perceived that I was farming Normal game instead of a Hell game, and realized that this happened beacuse I created a previous game with my L1 Mule (which does not have access to Hell) and the Game changed the default difficult settings to Normal for all characters 🙁😓

Is there a way to prevent it?
(make the default difficult settings always the highest possible for each character?)

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
you can set the default per character iirc
OP
How can we set that? 🤔

The default behavior actually saves the last difficult settings used when you enter on lobby 🙁
- Create a a Hell L92 game
- Enter on lobby with the same char, difficult settings is at Hell (OK)
- Enter on lobby with a L1 char, difficult settings is at Normal (OK - he don't have acesse to hell) and don't create or join a game...(just enter and exit lobby)
- Enter on lobby with my L92 char, difficult settings keeps at Normal 😓😓😓

OP
I think that what "caught me off guard" is that before I explicitly tested today, I thought the difficult settings was only saved when you created a game... and in fact it is saved whey you just enter the lobby... 😮
I will pay more attention in the future... 😓

Strangely enough... the "Terrorized" option do not have the same behavior (enter with the L92 char it is enabled, enter with the L1 char it is disabled, enter with the L92 char again... it continues enabled)

Yeah the UX is pretty bad all around.
Like you I would like the setting saved per character. Only solution would be a mod that breaks terms of service by injecting code into the game.
fredkid wrote: 4 days ago
More then once I perceived that I was farming Normal game instead of a Hell game
I don't play much online but once I found myself in Nightmare instead of Hell. I was surprised and pleased of the damage I was inflicting on mobs, only after some time to realize I was in a lower difficulty :)
PabloSL wrote: 4 days ago
really embarrassed to ask, where in the settings is this?
ghostpos wrote: 2 days ago
PabloSL wrote: 4 days ago
really embarrassed to ask, where in the settings is this?
hey, sorry double checked and I was wrong, I was refering to the settings cog bellow the Play button, but you cannot set difficulty there :/

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...