Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
18 replies   1122 views

Description

Hello community,

that's my first post here. I am pretty new to the end-game content of D2R. I finished Hell with Sorceress and Barbarian, I have Paladin in Hell Act 5 but I have not yet gone through it.

I focus the most on Sorceress due to her farming capabilities. When I play games like D2R I tend to save all the items I find in the game because I don't know their real value yet, and so, I have run into a situation where I have created a maximum number of characters online (24). While I have 1 character per each class I want to play, it leaves me with 17 bank characters.

2 characters for storing Runes
4 characters for storing unique items (all lvl range)
2 characters for storing Set based items
1 character for Rejuvenation Potions
1 character for Gems
1 character for Jewels
3 for items with sockets for runewards (all range of items from all lvl ranges)
1 character for Yellow items which seem to have some value (+ skills + cast rating + attack speed + resistances)
1 character with items I would like to put on sale here on the marketplace (haven't done that yet though)
1 character to keep Essences from the boss (at this moment I only have the ones from Andariels and Mefisto)

and then I have regular characters I will maybe play in the future and where I move all the items specific to these classes.
The problem I faced is that I have literally not a single slot in any of my characters to further store items xD I know it's funny but that is the problem. I need to vendor the items which are worthless and set on trade here these which might have some value.

Going through each of the items and googling it to verify its value seems to me like a time-consuming process, thus I am looking for some advices from you:

1) Are there any guides about what items are worth selling/keeping?
2) Are there any guides about what socket items I should keep in my inventory? Some of the runewards are probably considered worthless so I don't have to keep all of these items.
3) Any advice from experienced players who were probably in the same situation as I am :D

Appreciate any help :)
Thanks!
Description by Ahlen

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello community,

that's my first post here. I am pretty new to the end-game content of D2R. I finished Hell with Sorceress and Barbarian, I have Paladin in Hell Act 5 but I have not yet gone through it.

I focus the most on Sorceress due to her farming capabilities. When I play games like D2R I tend to save all the items I find in the game because I don't know their real value yet, and so, I have run into a situation where I have created a maximum number of characters online (24). While I have 1 character per each class I want to play, it leaves me with 17 bank characters.

2 characters for storing Runes
4 characters for storing unique items (all lvl range)
2 characters for storing Set based items
1 character for Rejuvenation Potions
1 character for Gems
1 character for Jewels
3 for items with sockets for runewards (all range of items from all lvl ranges)
1 character for Yellow items which seem to have some value (+ skills + cast rating + attack speed + resistances)
1 character with items I would like to put on sale here on the marketplace (haven't done that yet though)
1 character to keep Essences from the boss (at this moment I only have the ones from Andariels and Mefisto)

and then I have regular characters I will maybe play in the future and where I move all the items specific to these classes.
The problem I faced is that I have literally not a single slot in any of my characters to further store items xD I know it's funny but that is the problem. I need to vendor the items which are worthless and set on trade here these which might have some value.

Going through each of the items and googling it to verify its value seems to me like a time-consuming process, thus I am looking for some advices from you:

1) Are there any guides about what items are worth selling/keeping?
2) Are there any guides about what socket items I should keep in my inventory? Some of the runewards are probably considered worthless so I don't have to keep all of these items.
3) Any advice from experienced players who were probably in the same situation as I am :D

Appreciate any help :)
Thanks!
There is a good resource on youtube for diablo 2 information named Mr Llama SC and he has done a video series on this very topic. Enjoy

Bases, White items you use for runewords

Runes, Charms and Jewels

Jewelry, Bases, Pgems, Armors and Helms

The rest of the Uniques

Sets, Rares, and some Magic items

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
Trash It Or Stash It: Nokk’s Guide on What to Keep

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo_2_Resur ... ep-in-d2r/

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)
Here is what I will say. If your immediate goal is to get high rune words and not have to think twice whether to use that
Jah
/
Ber
then read below. Else ignore it and follow all the guides on the internet/above.

I played this game for 7 months farming bosses and trading here (loads of time spend focus farming, couldn't watch anime/series while playing). I crawled up to:
Spoiler
With only 2x
Ber
/1x
Sur
rune drops (with sh1t tons, 2x accounts max char full stashes of items still needed posting).

Farmed runes (normal game tower/countess) for 1 month (passively while watching anime/series) and gotten to:
Spoiler
You don't have to drive yourself crazy thinking the item you left on the Ground could be worth something and instead just enjoy yourself!
My 2c.
Archangel

Are you looking for a free
Annihilus
(2 per) --> Link
Help me free up space!
OP
Thanks all! I will go through the videos you recommended! Thanks :)
Archangel-_- wrote: 2 weeks ago

Farmed runes (normal game tower/countess) for 1 month (passively while watching anime/series) and gotten to:
If you want to get rich fast, this is the way I would recommend, too (and I do this too, to buy better gear, but I played only for two months until now). However, I am curious how many hours a day you did this with getting this much JAHs and BERs in one month (including doing the trades). IMO for 10
Ral
you get 1
Ist
and other low runes up to
Tal
are mostly traded 10-20 for 1
Ist
. I think for a
Jah
you have to get 10-13 ISTs. I would suspect one countess run does result in an average of 3 runes.

After a 20 year break from D2 I started playing D2R in 2024 with my sons (9 and 10 years old)
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1/+2 (Germany)
Online workdays: casually from 19:00-21:00
Online weekends: casually midday to evening
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
I’ve been playing d2 for about the same time as one piece has been going. I have yet to see a legitimate soj drop. And let’s not get started on a
Jah

Necrarch 1977Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As for pricing of items, you have actually this on this site.

For Uniques, Runewords (but those depends on bases!), Bases, just look their name in the search bar at top right and check "price history". If you find nothing, it's worth... nothing (but check you haven't made a typo ^^).

For magic, go to price check section and type the full name of the item (e.g.
Emerald
small charm of vita). If you're not playing in English you can simply deduce most stuff from various guides on affixes.

Rares and Crafted are the most complex ones, but you can ask for prices for them in the price check section.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash, my crafts and my many cheap
Annihilus
oOKIWIOo wrote: 2 weeks ago

If you want to get rich fast, this is the way I would recommend, too (and I do this too, to buy better gear, but I played only for two months until now). However, I am curious how many hours a day you did this with getting this much JAHs and BERs in one month (including doing the trades). IMO for 10
Ral
you get 1
Ist
Tal
Ist
. I think for a
Jah
you have to get 10-13 ISTs. I would suspect one countess run does result in an average of 3 runes.
Hey. Well my playtime usually is about 2h/day, weekends could be most of the day.
And no, I did not trade all those low lvl runes here. Most users here dont need them it seems.
40-50
Ral
=
Jah
where I traded.
Archangel

Annihilus
(2 per) --> Link
Help me free up space!
I don't play a lot of time each day...
So I try to play the areas that I like, instead of focus on farm specific items.

That said, for me the most efficient way to get high runes, is to play whenever you want, but keep Gems, Low runes, and Good Bases to trade.
Dropped naturally around 10-20 high runes over a year, but on the same time get more than 200 "
Ist
value" in high runes, on trades 🙂

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
The best way for me to gain Wealth was
Lem
Ko
Tir
, haha. Just kidding.

The best way was the following:

-I just play the game, do the runs I have fun with
-I sell
Ral
/
Hel
/Perfect Amethysts for Ists
-I buy almost perfect stuff with my runes if I need to
-I sell perfectly rolled uniques/bases/jewels for high runes, and everything else I don't have a use for
-I keep almost perfect items for myself, cause the last few percent make the most discrepancy in prices, but you won't notice any difference between a 14% superior item and a 15% one.

For example, one perfect
Skin of the Vipermagi
nets you ~1
Ber
. For that
Ber
you can buy several armors of the same type almost perfect.

Playing for 9 months now, and I have a dozen heroes, all equipped with BiS gear. Not 100% godly gear, but good enough to kill stuff and don't die even in P8 games. And a bunch of Jahs and good items leftover in stash for future projects.

ElSolDolLol

For low items I also accept: Perfect Amys,
Ral
Hel
, Tokens, Keys. Please don't offer runes lower than
Pul
(with the named exceptions).

NO PM OFFERS PLEASE! BE FAIR AND WRITE INTO THE THREAD :)

Offer if price is not stated

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.

Ral
you get 1
Ist
Tal
Ist
. I think for a
Jah
Hey. Well my playtime usually is about 2h/day, weekends could be most of the day.
And no, I did not trade all those low lvl runes here. Most users here dont need them it seems.
40-50
Ral
=
Jah
where I traded.
Archangel
I see. Maybe I should make more room to stock and sell more efficiently 😉 But on the other hand I just enjoy playing the game with my kids 🙂

After a 20 year break from D2 I started playing D2R in 2024 with my sons (9 and 10 years old)

Ral
you get 1
Ist
Tal
Ist
. I think for a
Jah
40-50
Ral
=
Jah
where I traded.
Archangel
I see. Maybe I should make more room to stock and sell more efficiently 😉 But on the other hand I just enjoy playing the game with my kids 🙂
And that is a perfect reason to continue enjoying it. I decided my goal is 100
Jah
/40
Ber
. Then craft gear for myself/GF/friend who stopped playing because we were "How to get
Jah
/
Ber
runes"... When farming didn't yield any results. Well in my case I just wasn't farming the right stuff, coz RNG hates me...

Back on topic, as stated I was annoyed thinking every single item on the Ground could net me that first
Jah
/
Ber
. So picking everything up and identifying and then checking online for price took the fun out of the game for our group. Once I saw I can easily get
Jah
/
Ber
runes, things got more fun again.
Archangel

Annihilus
(2 per) --> Link
Help me free up space!
And if you do not think you need "the best of the best" gear and know how to play your char you can save a lot of money (and therefore farming), too. E.g. this week I bought an Anni with 20 res, 18 attr and 9 exp for 15 pgems (ok, this was a very good offer but I think very few people would pay more than a
Ber
or
Jah
with these stats). For a perfect one you have to pay ca. 30+ JAHs and the difference is never noticeable. CTAs are imo an other great example. You get a 4/4/x for 2-3
Ist
(and with my gear mine it is, I think, on lvl 14). For a 6/6/x in my experience you have to pay 12+
Jah
and for a perfect one 30+

And if you do not think you need "the best of the best" gear and know how to play your char you can save a lot of money (and therefore farming), too. E.g. this week I bought an Anni with 20 res, 18 attr and 9 exp for 15 pgems (ok, this was a very good offer but I think very few people would pay more than a
Ber
or
Jah
with these stats). For a perfect one you have to pay ca. 30+ JAHs and the difference is never noticeable. CTAs are imo an other great example. You get a 4/4/x for 2-3
Ist
(and with my gear mine it is, I think, on lvl 14). For a 6/6/x in my experience you have to pay 12+
Jah
and for a perfect one 30+
FWIW, because walks are region-wide rather than server-wide, Annis don't have the trade value they did back in LOD. I'm sitting on four or five >15/>15/>8 Annis because my 20 or so characters all have better.

All trades are Switch only :)

Active most nights on Switch (Friend Code: 8500-1494-0819) from 0200-0500 UTC+00:00

Thank you 2.4 for making all of my wildest dreams come true!
on this site, there is a section where you can find most traded items and currencies. I would keep an eye on those frequently traded assets, and sell those with less liquidity.

Non-Ladder, Softcore. You may trade with me with any
Ist
Hel
or Gem combination by rates below.
Ist
= 5
Hel
& 1
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Schnorki 3698Moderator

PC
seansixsixsix wrote: 2 weeks ago
on this site, there is a section where you can find most traded items and currencies. I would keep an eye on those frequently traded assets, and sell those with less liquidity.
Since the question was about selling to vendors, I can't help but STRONGLY disagree with the above statement. So strongly in fact, that I had to bolden and color that to emphasize to NEVER vendor stuff solely because it isn't part of the most traded.

If you go by liquidity as your main (let alone only) indicator, you will inevitably stick only to those items that are actually relatively common as high turn-over in trades requires items to be available to trade in the first place.

Naturally, the listing would include most common currency items which is good to know but it inherently excludes everything that is quite rare to begin with. And many of the truly valuable items are not just valuable because they're useful but because they are in fact quite rare. Prime examples being that if you just look at the most traded right now, you'd be vendoring all sorts of valuable bases, basically all magic items, any rare and crafted item...hell, you'd be selling 3/20/20s to
Charsi
and that'd just be insane.
Schnorki wrote: 2 weeks ago
Since the question was about selling to vendors, I can't help but STRONGLY disagree with the above statement. So strongly in fact, that I had to bolden and color that to emphasize to NEVER vendor stuff solely because it isn't part of the most traded.
Yes, I fully understood your point and agree.

My understanding is that player will discover item value eventually when fully utilize this site and similar sites. A 2-20 sorc amulet worth many many
Jah
. I dont think they will sell those to vendors, haha.

When I first started playing this game, I was exactly like OP, keep every unique items, all runes and some other items that I found cool. but spaces soon filled up. I end up throw them away one by one. In the end, I only pickup things that I know It has potential trading value.

For instance, I would still pick magic
Monarch
up, because there is a tiny tiny chance turned out to be great,

My point is that when player using this site long enough, they will pick up trading value from item to item. I dont think they would throw a godly crafted amulet but keep a 10-10 torch. But you are right, this process may take a bit time.

Non-Ladder, Softcore. You may trade with me with any
Ist
Hel
or Gem combination by rates below.
Ist
= 5
Hel
& 1
Hel
= 6
Perfect Gems

Advertisment