Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   355 views

Description

Alright, here's the rub:

I find I can either wear equipment that can burn through the game quickly, or have equipment that allows me to efficiently find magic items.

Sure rune drops are cool and unaffected by mf at all. WR all know this.

But if I want to run around in a fun and effective build (here are exceptions of course). I am probably going to find far less unique.

I'm sure everyone has been there at least once.

No matter how fun and engaging of a gameplay loop a class has, I always end up horking for that dopamine hit..

Bloody scratch and win tickets.
Description by BoringTitle

Can be used to make Runewords:

Alright, here's the rub:

I find I can either wear equipment that can burn through the game quickly, or have equipment that allows me to efficiently find magic items.

Sure rune drops are cool and unaffected by mf at all. WR all know this.

But if I want to run around in a fun and effective build (here are exceptions of course). I am probably going to find far less unique.

I'm sure everyone has been there at least once.

No matter how fun and engaging of a gameplay loop a class has, I always end up horking for that dopamine hit..

Bloody scratch and win tickets.

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Not every class is suited for both but there are plenty of builds that you can easily push to 250+, 300+, 400+ on occasion 500+ MF while losing very little - if any - clear speed to do so. Most sorcs, trapsins, hdins, Mosaic sins, ...
OP
Yeah, but if you want it to be a druid it's still probably best to build it out of a barbarian lol.

But seriously, on players 1 at any rate. Item find is just such a boost to your overall income. (At least as far as I can see).
Schnorki wrote: 1 month ago
Not every class is suited for both but there are plenty of builds that you can easily push to 250+, 300+, 400+ on occasion 500+ MF while losing very little - if any - clear speed to do so. Most sorcs, trapsins, hdins, Mosaic sins, ...

Schnorki 3686Moderator

PC
Or make it a summoner. :)

>200 while losing exactly 0 performance, >300 while still only losing so little that you'd likely never notice the difference.
OP
It's not so much clearspeed that concerns me, it's flexibility in experimenting with the buttloads of different pieces of equipment.

If it's top of the line, there is a good chance that it's magic find will be low without socketting ists and
Perfect Topaz

Take fire sorceress with flickering flames in the head slot,
Demon Machine
as primary, chest piece is a bit more flexible (talrashas perhaps), people suggest razor tail and I cam see the merits of 99%
Pierce
, butni also see the merits of three pieces of
Tal Rasha
for item find. Chance gloves and
Boots
with magic item find.

Bleh, this isn't really what I mean and isn't really a great example.

Also, druid can indeed get quite a chunk of magic item find while not really sacrificing damage as well. That really isn't the point.

It's just that it doesn't really compare to.the skill
Find Item
OP
Not really all that necessary,
Werewolf
doesn't really need all that good of equipment compared to most melee builds.

Though it can be a bit of a slog at times.
Or make it a summoner. :)

>200 while losing exactly 0 performance, >300 while still only losing so little that you'd likely never notice the difference.
OP
Ps. I totally get that barbs are one of the most item dependant classes. It's a good thing that they do have
Find Item
. Otherwise they would have a heck of a time in hell.
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
Ps. I totally get that barbs are one of the most item dependant classes. It's a good thing that they do have
Find Item
I must disagree here: With only two Grief you can break the game easily with a Barbarian. Not that much of an investment I believe.

For your main problem, I'd like to make some sugesstions:

My full
Tal
's set Blizzard Sorceress. Could farm everywhere easily accept Ubers with 300 MF.

Build is here: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/a8qr00ho

Zeal
-
Fist of the Heavens
hybrid. Could farm everywhere including Ubers and DClone without weapon swap with 350 MF. A little bit expensive due to Last Wish.

Here: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/os9v3023#2

And finally Mosaic Assassin. Could farm everywhere including Ubers and DClone without weapon swap with 200+ MF and not expensive. While I leveled this, my aim was easily farm everywhere without any item swap. That's why MF is a little bit low. But if this build is planned for pure MF, it is easy to reach around 400 MF without compromising kill speed.

Here: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/wq8h203s#3

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
OP
Barb (clear speed) isn't the problem here, and you really need far less than 2 Grief to farm the whole game with a Barbie.

The whole point is that no matter what class, I will end up back to grinding with a barbarian because or how item find works in relation to exponentially increasing loot drops by just an insane amount. (Especially on players 1).

Also dual Grief is the epitome of not experimenting with the various equipment in the game.

Also no, finding 2
Lo
as a SSF character is not an easy thing to do. I suppose if you wanted to run offline p8 LK runs for a long long time it's doable...sort of...
(Grief ladder only classic d2-lod. Better off looking for Breath of the Dying)
basicnecromancy wrote: 1 month ago
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
Find Item
I must disagree here: With only two Grief you can break the game easily with a Barbarian. Not that much of an investment I believe.

For your main problem, I'd like to make some sugesstions:

My full
Tal
's set Blizzard Sorceress. Could farm everywhere easily accept Ubers with 300 MF.

Build is here: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/a8qr00ho

Zeal
-
Fist of the Heavens
hybrid. Could farm everywhere including Ubers and DClone without weapon swap with 350 MF. A little bit expensive due to Last Wish.

Here: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/os9v3023#2

And finally Mosaic Assassin. Could farm everywhere including Ubers and DClone without weapon swap with 200+ MF and not expensive. While I leveled this, my aim was easily farm everywhere without any item swap. That's why MF is a little bit low. But if this build is planned for pure MF, it is easy to reach around 400 MF without compromising kill speed.

Here: https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/wq8h203s#3

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation