Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
34 replies   1214 views

Description

NOT trying to stir shit but..

When i see such trades i just roll my eyes & loled.

Does anyone see the big picture?

Can be used to make Runewords:

NOT trying to stir shit but..

When i see such trades i just roll my eyes & loled.

Does anyone see the big picture?

#1 Seller on diablo.io

⊕ Join New Tristram Talk! ⊕

While the snow remains,
veiled in the haze of evening,
a cold leafless branch.
Flowers are only flowers because they fall,
but thankfully the Wind.

Necrarch 1932Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Making pay 1
Jah
for every skin swap and make them roll.
Bad news for him is that seems most people prefer bear claw skin.

More ingenious than scammy from my point of view, but it's debatable.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

M1ck 454

Europe PC
That wouldn't be the same person I called out on here a few months ago would it....

I'm with Necrach though it's more on the ingenious side, especially if you don't care about skin.

Jah
has dropped in value fg wise, so I'm not super surprised about the final listing jacking up the price. It's gotten to the point that nobody is buying anything on NL though ;0
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
Making pay 1
Jah
for every skin swap and make them roll.
Bad news for him is that seems most people prefer bear claw skin.

More ingenious than scammy from my point of view, but it's debatable.
That's what I thought myself too. The skin thing is ridiculous but I understand since I sometimes do it myself to differentiate the boundary of my SC's.

Still...making this endless loop to roll more
Jah
runes is laughable.

#1 Seller on diablo.io

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.

Necrarch 1932Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Probably way too expensive just for a swap

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
M1ck wrote: 1 month ago
That wouldn't be the same person I called out on here a few months ago would it....

Jah
has dropped in value fg wise, so I'm not super surprised about the final listing jacking up the price. It's gotten to the point that nobody is buying anything on NL though ;0
Not sure who you are referring to is the same person but on a whim i've decided to do a forum alias check and...

But i am and my ISO WTB is always getting wider LOL.

Including those shimmy sc of balance / luck of yours :P

#1 Seller on diablo.io

While the snow remains,
a cold leafless branch.
but thankfully the Wind.

Schnorki 3647Moderator

PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 month ago
Probably way too expensive just for a swap
Well,
Ist
to
Vex
for swaps of "far from perfect" rolls was by no means ever uncommon. And that was back when runes still had value.
Jah
(esp. nowadays) for a true top-end swap really isn't surprising as the price tag I dare say. Hell if you look at the swap-price as a percentage of item value, it'd actually be crazy cheap compared to those prior, 'cheaper', olden trades.

Either way, the offer is clear and the intent obvious so I wouldn't call it scammy. Whether it is worth it to oneself is of course a different topic. For those who do care however, this is kind of the ideal case actually and provides solid value - to have someone who keeps cycling through and investing his gains into more cycle inventory - because if say you're missing 7 coin charms, you could just hand him 7
Jah
and your non-coins and be done, rather than finding 7 different people who happen to have a coin version of exactly that charm and who are willing to swap to begin with, let alone swap for whatever you have (which tends to be a massive pain).

Bottom line: not an unusual or surprising trade offer and imo in no way scammy.

___
If you want to add me on b.net, please message me here first. Random unexpected invites will typically be declined.
Howdy all, saw we are talking about me so figured I'd participte. I'm surprised to see the word scammy being used to be honest but maybe it was just to draw attension to the post?

Over time I noticed there was a need where people wanted specific skins/graphics for their charms and that isn't as important to me so I thought "why not provide that service for those willing to pay for it". I see it like investing in stocks with dividends, you keep it around and keep collecting over time.

The listing is clear, the individual either wants to pay for a a swap or they don't. They get exactly what they would expect from it. Not sure where the scam part applies? Full disclosure as I am not hidding anything here, I do that with all my 5 all res charms. From life, mf, eg, etc.

And yes, paws are the most popular choices usually.

azeroti#1149
PC/PS/Switch
Selling ber/Jah, click for wish list.
Can help with
Diablo Clone
PC/PS
Free
Uber Tristram
run on PS, accepting tips. Details
I agree with Schnorki and azeroti. The trade is not deceptive, and I'm sure it fills an existing need. The posts probably wouldn't still be up if no one was buying the skin swaps.

I'm by no means at the point in my D2R journey where I'd pay a
Jah
for a specific charm skin, but I can 100% see the appeal for those who can afford it.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Well, I suppose I'll play the outlier here. Scammy isn't the word I would use as they ate giving what is listed. Scummy definitely is. Can't say that I care what skin my charms have.

But for every market a submarket must grow...
BoringTitle wrote: 1 month ago
Well, I suppose I'll play the outlier here. Scammy isn't the word I would use as they ate giving what is listed. Scummy definitely is. Can't say that I care what skin my charms have.

I disagree with 'scummy' here. If a person doesn't care about the skin of the charm, they can just pay the fair market value of the charm in
Jah
runes, and there are LOTS of those available on traderie (where the screenshot is from). These posts specifically target those who already have these high value charms and want a specific skin. This is a luxury offer in a luxury market category. The
Jah
is for the convivence for the buyer, and a fee for the buyer. This is only scummy in the same way that purses go for $10k and cars can easily go for $200k. Excessive Wealth!

Side Note: The market here has different trends than a real-world market. For example, if you buy one single item at $5 you might be able to get that same item for $4.50 if you buy 10 or more. The 'wholesale' concept. However, in D2, the more you offer of something the more you get per item. People pay for the convivence.

All trades can be accomplished via PC or xbox. All reasonable offers will be considered and probably accepted.
Meh, I play ssf, or or duo's with known people. Tho whole market thing in and of itself feels scummy to me.

Lmao, the only time I've ever actually traded anyone anything was back when
Metalgrid
was reworked so that the golem persists. I traded a
Zod
for it. I imagine we were both happy with that trade.
Knappogue wrote: 1 month ago

I disagree with 'scummy' here. If a person doesn't care about the skin of the charm, they can just pay the fair market value of the charm in
Jah
runes, and there are LOTS of those available on traderie (where the screenshot is from). These posts specifically target those who already have these high value charms and want a specific skin. This is a luxury offer in a luxury market category. The
Jah
is for the convivence for the buyer, and a fee for the buyer. This is only scummy in the same way that purses go for $10k and cars can easily go for $200k. Excessive Wealth!

Side Note: The market here has different trends than a real-world market. For example, if you buy one single item at $5 you might be able to get that same item for $4.50 if you buy 10 or more. The 'wholesale' concept. However, in D2, the more you offer of something the more you get per item. People pay for the convivence.
Meh, I play ssf, or or duo's with known people. Tho whole market thing in and of itself feels scummy to me.

Lmao, the only time I've ever actually traded anyone anything was back when
Metalgrid
was reworked so that the golem persists. I traded a
Zod
for it. I imagine we were both happy with that trade. Totally get the convenience thing

(It was my idea to trade off the
Zod
btw, I didn't use any system to arrange that)

Jah
Jah

I do get the sense for these kinds of services being possibly scummy. A portion of the player base will have a strong urge for things being uniform/perfect, and there's plenty of game companies out there exploiting this exact urge.

From the perspective where one doesn't have this compulsion, the service is simply a high end option for those who have enough game Wealth to spend around. But inevitably you will catch those too that don't have that excess Wealth, but are urged to pay regardless (in-game or outside of it).

To me it doesn't appear clear cut one way or the other, but the price of the service will somewhat correlate to the scummy-o-meter.
wacce wrote: 1 month ago
To me it doesn't appear clear cut one way or the other, but the price of the service will somewhat correlate to the scummy-o-meter.
The charms that he is offering to swap go for about 18-20
Jah
when being purchased outright. So, a single
Jah
is about 5 to 5.5% of the charm's value. Is a 5% mark-up really all that scummy?

Jah
Jah
is about 5 to 5.5% of the charm's value. Is a 5% mark-up really all that scummy?
Right exactly. My scummy sense isn't very high on that price, but it's each to their own to judge on that.
Jah
Jah
Right exactly. My scummy sense isn't very high on that price, but it's each to their own to judge on that.
Oh my bad man, I completely misread your post. I thought you were saying the
Jah
price WAS scummy for the trade. Rereading it now makes much more sense 😅

M1ck 454

Europe PC
Buying power in NL for high runes is basically non-existent due to devaluation. 1
Jah
to swap a valuable charm (15
Jah
plus) is standard at the moment, many people are doing it. Listing is also absolutely clear.

Imagine being told a year and half ago that your
Jah
will end up getting you 25-30
Hel
runes ;0 ;0

mhlg 1145

Americas PC
As I see it this is a benefit of being practical and having no esthetic taste. I couldn't care less what skin a charm has because I can't hang it on my wall or add it to my
Key
chain (note to self this could be a real-world business opportunity). All I care about is what does it do! So I'm going with "scammy!"

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet, I'm in EST time zone (E Coast U.S)
lol the inflation!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...