Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   339 views

Description

Hi all

I am curious on how these psn damage small/large charms work.

Scenario:
On multishot amazon

Is it better to stack same xx psn damage per same duration? Or they can be of any varieties in term of psn dmg and length for the best possible psn damage output?

Ei: which is better for psn dmg output basically?

10x 377 psn small charm, all has 11s dura length

Or
Mix of 100 psn, 377 psn, 290 psn, all different dura length

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi all

I am curious on how these psn damage small/large charms work.

Scenario:
On multishot amazon

Is it better to stack same xx psn damage per same duration? Or they can be of any varieties in term of psn dmg and length for the best possible psn damage output?

Ei: which is better for psn dmg output basically?

10x 377 psn small charm, all has 11s dura length

Or
Mix of 100 psn, 377 psn, 290 psn, all different dura length

Can trade on PC or SWITCH
Don't know what is better... but suggest you to use some calculator like https://maxroll.gg/d2/d2planner/

But as poison do not stack (only one poison effect will affect the monster each time - normally the last poison effect replace the previous one - so if you kepp attacking the same monster you will not do more poison damage over time...),
you would probably do more damage with your Bow Amazon by getting physical (min/max) and/or non-poison elemental damage on your charms.

Time Zone: GMT-3
Online: workdays (18:00-21:00), weekends (09:00 - 21:00)
Non-Ladder | Softcore | Expansion
This may help
https://maxroll.gg/d2/resources/poison-damage
Charms with Poison Affix AND Suffix: Toxic Small Charm of Anthrax

The two values of Poison Damage are converted to Bit Rate, then added together, and the total Poison Length is summed.

The item displays the Bit Rate calculated as Poison Damage over Seconds, but due to rounding errors, this is typically slightly higher than the actual value.
From what I understood, something like: you get an end poison length that is the sum of poison length of all charms. And a total damage that will result in a damage/frame equal the sum of damage/frame of all charms 🤔🤔🤔

So if you want the most total damage in a single hit, probably better get the longer length charms.

If you want the most damage/frame, get the ones with the best ratio.

🤔🤔🤔

OP
fredkid wrote: 1 week ago
This may help

The two values of Poison Damage are converted to Bit Rate, then added together, and the total Poison Length is summed.

The item displays the Bit Rate calculated as Poison Damage over Seconds, but due to rounding errors, this is typically slightly higher than the actual value.
From what I understood, something like: you get an end poison length that is the sum of poison length of all charms. And a total damage that will result in a damage/frame equal the sum of damage/frame of all charms 🤔🤔🤔

So if you want the most total damage in a single hit, probably better get the longer length charms.

🤔🤔🤔
Thanks for the suggestion and tip

Will check it out

This may help

🤔🤔🤔
After read again the link, I understood that the calculation above (sum damage/second and sum length) is to determine the final poison damage for a charm where both affixes are poison damage.

The calculation to determine the total poison damage from different sources is different: sum damage/second and average length

When multiple items apply Poison Bit Rate, their Rates are added, and the Lengths are averaged.

OP
Yeah after looking at the calculation, i was able to calculate the dmg, i might be wrong though :)

Ei : 10 x 377 psn sc

1x 377 psn
96500 bit rate
275 frames
- 350 psn bitrate for min 350 for max
- total psn bit rate x 10 = 3500 psn dmg for min and max

- total frame x 10 = 2750 / 10 = 275 frames
- 275 frames / 25 game frames = 11
- * if use with bow, (2750 / 9 ) = 305 / 9 = 12.22

Average psn dmg per second =
- (total min bitrate + total max bit rare + total frame)/ 10 sources
- (3500 + 3500 + 2750)/10
- In our case, 10 x psn small charms
- Total psn dps = 975 psn over 11 seconds
***with bow***
- 975 psn over 12.22 seconds

About which poison charm would be better,

If "charm 1" has both damage/second and length higher than "charm 2", "charm 1" will be better.

And as both the damage/second and the length increase with each rank of poison damage affixes
https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... arms.shtml

Considering all the possibilities, the "highest affixes" charm will be the better one (it will have both the highest damage/second and the highest length):
Pestilent Small Charm of Anthrax
37.50 damage/second | 12 s | 451 damage total

Code: Select all

dmg/second	none	Blight	Venom	Pestilence	Anthrax
none		-	2.00	3.75	5.00		8.33
Septic		5.00	7.00	8.75	10.00		13.33
Foul		12.50	14.50	16.25	17.50		20.83
Toxic		20.00	22.00	23.75	25.00		28.33
Pestilent	29.17	31.17	32.92	34.17		37.50

length		none	Blight	Venom	Pestilence	Anthrax
none		-	3	4	5		6
Septic		3	6	7	8		9
Foul		4	7	8	9		10
Toxic		5	8	9	10		11
Pestilent	6	9	10	11		12
But as it is not easy to have a lot of Pestilent Small Charm of Anthrax... you may have to choose between two charms where one have higher dmg/s and the other have higher length,
like a Pestilent Small Charm (29.17 dmg/s over 6 seconds) versus a Toxic Small Charm of Anthrax (28.33 dmg/s over 11 seconds),
and in these case there is no right answer...
depending on your play style, skills and other equipment one or the other will be better (Ex:
Venom: Skill
almost always cut the length to 0.4s so the extra length would be useless...)
In these cases is better to use a calculator 🤔

OP
About which poison charm would be better,

If "charm 1" has both damage/second and length higher than "charm 2", "charm 1" will be better.

And as both the damage/second and the length increase with each rank of poison damage affixes
https://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/i ... arms.shtml

Considering all the possibilities, the "highest affixes" charm will be the better one (it will have both the highest damage/second and the highest length):
Pestilent Small Charm of Anthrax
37.50 damage/second | 12 s | 451 damage total

Code: Select all

dmg/second	none	Blight	Venom	Pestilence	Anthrax
none		-	2.00	3.75	5.00		8.33
Septic		5.00	7.00	8.75	10.00		13.33
Foul		12.50	14.50	16.25	17.50		20.83
Toxic		20.00	22.00	23.75	25.00		28.33
Pestilent	29.17	31.17	32.92	34.17		37.50

length		none	Blight	Venom	Pestilence	Anthrax
none		-	3	4	5		6
Septic		3	6	7	8		9
Foul		4	7	8	9		10
Toxic		5	8	9	10		11
Pestilent	6	9	10	11		12
But as it is not easy to have a lot of Pestilent Small Charm of Anthrax... you may have to choose between two charms where one have higher dmg/s and the other have higher length,
like a Pestilent Small Charm (29.17 dmg/s over 6 seconds) versus a Toxic Small Charm of Anthrax (28.33 dmg/s over 11 seconds),
and in these case there is no right answer...
depending on your play style, skills and other equipment one or the other will be better (Ex: Venom almost always cut the length to 0.4s so the extra length would be useless...)
In these cases is better to use a calculator 🤔
Yeah i read and know about the diff lengths etc so i took that into perspective as well.

The formula is the same for different length wise, just make sure one calculates it properly in order to get the overall length in second. I just used the 10x 377 psn sc to simplified things :)

Appreciate for providing that link. Helps me understand psn dmg much more, yeah having Venom before dealing psn dmg would be better :)

OP
I am wrong on the Venom skill part, it seems it would stop all psn damage at .4 second? It doesnt seem to deal the full 975 for 11 second duration witthin .4 second like i’d expected it :)

I guess Venom doesnt play nice with psn charms…

Yep.
Venom: Skill
will cut the poison length of all sources to 0.4s (without changing the dmg/s...)
Except when paried with some skills:
Poison Dagger
Rabies
Poison Javelin
or
Plague Javelin

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...