Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   1506 views

Description

Device: pc
Browser: firefox latest

Steps to reproduce:
1. on the dclone tracker page, set some filters, then apply them (let's say: softcore, ladder and non-ladder, asia)
2. two entries are displayed, select one and update the status (this can be its current status, which just updates the timestamp)
3. upon submitting the update, the page is reloaded with filters cleared and showing all 12 status records, one of which is your update

Anything else to add:
Having a status update immediately buried in a sea of entry noise makes quick verification difficult, and could conceivably lead to update confusion and errors. For anyone that uses filters, it means constantly restoring them.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: pc
Browser: firefox latest

Steps to reproduce:
1. on the dclone tracker page, set some filters, then apply them (let's say: softcore, ladder and non-ladder, asia)
2. two entries are displayed, select one and update the status (this can be its current status, which just updates the timestamp)
3. upon submitting the update, the page is reloaded with filters cleared and showing all 12 status records, one of which is your update

Anything else to add:
Having a status update immediately buried in a sea of entry noise makes quick verification difficult, and could conceivably lead to update confusion and errors. For anyone that uses filters, it means constantly restoring them.
Fixedby Teebling7 months agoGo to post
Addressed in 1.43 guys, I tried an approach close to #3, but not exactly what was requested. Lmk how this feels.

ShadowHeart 1743Moderator

Europe PC
This is kinda/sorta a duplicate - there was a related bug report about the dclone status filters (different issue, but concerning filters), and I think the conclusion at the end was that Teebling was going to change it so that it remembers your filters, like you suggest here - but I guess he hasn't gotten around to it yet. It should already be on his to-do-list, if I understood things correctly.

bug-reports/dclone-tracker-filtering-af ... 90789.html

Anything else to add, @Teebling?

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
Thanks for the response ShadowHeart. I did a topic search for bug reports before posting and for some reason your linked post did not show (I just reproduced the same search result as before, so not sure what's happening there).

But once I saw your link, I honestly had trouble tracking as I read through it. :)

It seems to address exactly the same issue of filter management on status updates, but with some disparate views and possibly confusion in there.

All I know after doing hundreds of status updates is, I've also had to reset my filters hundreds of times. Solving that would renew my enthusiasm for my meager contribution. :)

It would also allow my earlier post (I think it was posted as feedback on current filtering limitations) to be canned, as this update issue was the original genesis for that. But if filter settings are sticky, I can workaround those easily--set and forget.

Europe PC
osoviejo wrote: 9 months ago
But once I saw your link, I honestly had trouble tracking as I read through it. :)
Yes, there was some confusion in that topic, but the way I read it was that they landed in the same idea as you are suggesting here, at the end. But let's wait and see what Teebling says, he got pinged when I mentioned him in my last post :)
(he's probably busy IRL atm)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
It originally took you to a filtered view (of the status you had just updated), then people complained and I had to change it back.

That's all I remember, maybe there could be an option you can toggle for either/or.

Europe PC
I think what Schnorki asked for in that other thread (which he clarified halfway down, towards the end) was that whatever filters you had manually chosen before updating a status should be remembered/preserved, and you seem to agree to changing it like that. Maybe I misinterpreted lol.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
My suggestion was to preserve filters from before updating.
I.e. if I view the list for only non-ladder games (random example) and then update the status for one of those, finishing the update should take me back to that same list of non-ladder games I was looking at. No extra filters added (previous implementation adding the region/full game modes) and no filters removed (current implementation removing all filters).
This was in the same thread, after you made the change that resets filters completely, as you just mentioned :)

Europe PC
So, to summarize, there are three ways to go about this;
  1. After updating, filter the list to show only the one you just updated (this was the original functionality).
  2. After updating, clear all filters to show everything (this is the current functionality).
  3. After updating, show the list with the same filters that you had chosen before updating (this is what Schnorki suggested).
    I.e., you pick a filter (say Softcore Non-Ladder, you see all three regions), you update Asia, and after completing the update you still see your original filter (only Softcore Non-Ladder, but you see all three regions).
I think #3 would make it much easier for people that update status frequently.

In particular, I always pick Softcore to avoid accidentally updating Hardcore (which I have done more than once), but I always want to see both Ladder and Non-Ladder, so applying my default filters is not ideal.

atari 453

Europe XLinux
I would also prefer #3

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
+1 for #3

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Addressed in 1.43 guys, I tried an approach close to #3, but not exactly what was requested. Lmk how this feels.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...