diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
29 replies   2492 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

ShadowHeart 1843Moderator

Europe PC
geo89 wrote: 1 year ago
It was down for a few days but now it seems like it is more responsive, it was very slow before. Still outdated for the D2R changes and I think the encryption certificate is still expired because it's still insecure. Is this a fan website?
The
Arreat Summit
website is an official Blizzard website, at least the one hosted on the classic.battle.net domain, since that's owned by Blizzard (everything *.battle.net is Blizzard-owned). If you see
Arreat Summit
at any other URL then that's probably just a fan copy/dump.

Anyway - the website has a very long history, it even predates LoD. It was originally called
Chaos Sanctuary
, before LoD. They renamed and redesigned it for LoD, and they kept it up to date with each patch back then. They stopped updating it around when D3 came out, possibly earlier, not sure.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

ShadowHeart 1843Moderator

Europe PC
Thanks Khegan, the spreadsheet looks great. What was the issue with the
Charge
skills? Aren't they just another suffix?
The issue with the skill charges is that the skill level and number of charges is more complex to calculate than other affixes. It's not simply a matter of ilvl and a random roll, the inherent level of the skill itself also matters (the character level at which the skill becomes available normally). The
Arreat Summit
website has a page that describes this, but I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... ixes.shtml
Blizzard wrote:
To determine the level of the skill charges:
Let M be the second number in each set of brackets (i.e. the 10 in [30/10]). This is the intended maximum level of charges the item can have. (in some circumstances, it can actually go higher)
The item's ILVL determines the level of charges on the item. Let R equal the level required to use the skill with its own class (indicated in parentheses below next to the suffix name). Let T = (99 - R) / M, rounded down. An item can gain SLVL N charges at ILVL R + T*N.
For example, a
Wand
of
Lower Resist
[60/3] can gain SLVL 1 charges at ILVL 53 (as well as all levels below it), SLVL 2 charges at ILVL 76, and SLVL 3 charges at ILVL 99.

To determine the number of charges available:
Let B be the first number in each set of brackets (i.e. the 30 in [30/10]). This is the base number of charges the item will have, as well as how many charges are added per spell level DIVIDED BY 8.
For SLVL S charges on an item, B+(B*S)/8 charges will be available, rounded down.
For example, given B=30, the amount of charges available for Level 1-5 will be 33, 37, 41, 45, and 48, respectively.
Why whey made it so convoluted for a niche thing (who really uses charges anyway besides like 2-3 curses?) is beyond me lol.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Khegan 377

As @ShadowHeart said, there's quite a lot to take in when it comes to charged suffixes. Finding the information isn't the hard part; the real challenge is organizing everything in a way that can be easily understood in a spreadsheet format, which will eventually (hopefully) be made into a new database.

Basin even has a whole article dedicated to this mess.

Khegan 377

Charged Suffix Spreadsheet

Very bare-bones right now, but here's the format I'm thinking of. Minimum iLvl is an interesting one since many higher qLvl bases can't ever have level 1 skill charges. Using the same condition that Basin states: affix level ≥ aLvl (aLvl here is really item level after considering quality level). In most cases, skill level 2 is the absolute lowest.

Schnorki 3207Moderator

PC
I'd suggest breaking them up into one each per lvl/
Charge
bracket.

Admittedly more work for you but it allows for more consistent implementation here (as you can roll skill lvl and charges into the description and don't need extra fields) and more importantly, it makes it more end-user friendly as you remove the "varies" and the need for calculating skill level and charges yourself by simply instead creating say 3 entries:
- affix lvl 30,
Cold Arrow
(level 1, 20 charges)
- affix lvl 58,
Cold Arrow
(level 2, 26 charges)
- affix lvl 79,
Cold Arrow
(level 3, 32 charges)

(ignore the numbers, just chosen at random to clarify the point)
OP

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux
I don't know if it's useful for the calculations to be accurate. A range can probably be used (from this to that level, from this to that many charges).

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

Khegan 377

Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Charge
bracket.
Not a bad idea, but then I would have to work around the differing base types/affix levels if I go that route. I'll need to experiment a bit.
I don't know if it's useful for the calculations to be accurate. A range can probably be used (from this to that level, from this to that many charges).
I don't see much reason not to be precise, especially as the numbers are already done for me. Besides, if all of this info does end up being part of the site, I'd rather go the extra mile.
OP

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux
Khegan wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Charge
bracket.
Not a bad idea, but then I would have to work around the differing base types/affix levels if I go that route. I'll need to experiment a bit.
I don't see much reason not to be precise, especially as the numbers are already done for me. Besides, if all of this info does end up being part of the site, I'd rather go the extra mile.
Fair enough! I am curious to see how this can be organized for the user.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

atari 461

Europe XLinux
Has there been any progress here in the meantime or has the idea been discarded?

Teebling 5855Admin

Europe PC
atari wrote: 11 months ago
Has there been any progress here in the meantime or has the idea been discarded?
I'm still up for making it happen, I think the spreadsheet Khegan started still needs to be finished first though.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...