Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   266 views

Description

Hi,

when on any page that offers sorting, such as the Runewords page, the browser's own in-page search feature has unintuitive behaviour.

For example, if you search by "Level required" and then hit CTRL-F to start the in-page search offered by the browser, and then search for "Req level", and then cycle through the search results, the following happens: Instead of cycling the search results from top to bottom, it jumps to a "random" recipe within the page.

This is, because the DOM is not updated. The sorting feature only works visually. The browser's search feature works in the DOM, which causes it to cycle through search results in a different order, than displayed in the page itself.

If you make the sort feature update the DOM, this will be fixed and much more intuitive to use.

Thanks

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

when on any page that offers sorting, such as the Runewords page, the browser's own in-page search feature has unintuitive behaviour.

For example, if you search by "Level required" and then hit CTRL-F to start the in-page search offered by the browser, and then search for "Req level", and then cycle through the search results, the following happens: Instead of cycling the search results from top to bottom, it jumps to a "random" recipe within the page.

This is, because the DOM is not updated. The sorting feature only works visually. The browser's search feature works in the DOM, which causes it to cycle through search results in a different order, than displayed in the page itself.

If you make the sort feature update the DOM, this will be fixed and much more intuitive to use.

Thanks

Teebling 5933Admin

Europe PC
https://isotope.metafizzy.co/ docs are here for the Isotope.js library if you want to look for a solution to this. The intention is that the isotope quick search is used, not the browser search. The DOM is of course being udpated, just in a way that causes elements to be hidden from DOM and therefore how the browser(and therefore browser search) interprets DOM.

OP
Hi,

the DOM is being updated, of course. To be more exact, the order of the HTML elements in the DOM is not updated.
See, that after sorting, the second element in the page is the third element in the DOM (ignore the first marked entry, look for the third highlighted). Sorting is achieved by updating the style-attribute of the elements, or in other words, the CSS.

I'm quicker using the browser search then the page's quick search, and the quick search doesn't work for the way I scroll through that list.

I cannot provide a solution for the particular library you use, nor can I suggest a different library. Sorry.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...