Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   5818 views

Description

Sorry Not sure if this has been asked before, but how exactly do these Items interact with each other, does Fortitude's %ED apply to the +340-400 damage on Grief, and does that in turn increase
Berserk
damage?

A quick or detailed explanation would be amazing :)

Cheers!

[I'm running a Trav Zerker for Runes and wanted the fastest kill time on the mobs and was thinking of making a fortitude to slap on him but wanna know if it works with grief and berserk before I waste a Lo on it, lol]

Can be used to make Runewords:

Sorry Not sure if this has been asked before, but how exactly do these Items interact with each other, does Fortitude's %ED apply to the +340-400 damage on Grief, and does that in turn increase
Berserk
damage?

A quick or detailed explanation would be amazing :)

Cheers!

[I'm running a Trav Zerker for Runes and wanted the fastest kill time on the mobs and was thinking of making a fortitude to slap on him but wanna know if it works with grief and berserk before I waste a Lo on it, lol]

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
Short answer:
Yes it does

Longer answer:
"Converts 100% physical weapon damage to magic damage.
Conversion
occurs after +% Damage and a critical hit from a weapon Mastery,
Critical Strike
or Deadly Strike are applied and before resistance is applied: Damage Resist won't affect converted magic damage but Magic Resist will."

See also https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/indexd918.html

Basically, you pretend you're doing a normal physical swing and then do the full math for that minus accounting for any phys resist the target may have, convert that result into magic damage for
Berserk
and then apply the magic resist your target may have to that.
Fort + Grief = win.
OP
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
Short answer:
Yes it does

Longer answer:
"Converts 100% physical weapon damage to magic damage.
Conversion
occurs after +% Damage and a critical hit from a weapon Mastery,
Critical Strike
or Deadly Strike are applied and before resistance is applied: Damage Resist won't affect converted magic damage but Magic Resist will."

See also https://d2.lc/AB/wiki/indexd918.html

Basically, you pretend you're doing a normal physical swing and then do the full math for that minus accounting for any phys resist the target may have, convert that result into magic damage for
Berserk
and then apply the magic resist your target may have to that.
Fort + Grief = win.

Cheers, thanks a ton for that mega fast reply! Yeah I really don't care too much about farming Trav for Uniques, I'm more interested in the Rune chances

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
Just out of curiosity, have you tried it with Grief but without fort?

If you're online/farming on P1, fort on a zerker is really quite overkill for trav specifically. I keep mine at Grief + Enigma + full MF/GF gear and he still just steamrolls all of them in 1-2 hits. So not much lost for not using fort.

That is of course a different story if you go beyond trav and/or go with higher player counts.
OP

If you're online/farming on P1, fort on a zerker is really quite overkill for trav specifically. I keep mine at Grief + Enigma + full MF/GF gear and he still just steamrolls all of them in 1-2 hits. So not much lost for not using fort.

That is of course a different story if you go beyond trav and/or go with higher player counts.

Yeah I don't quite have Enigma lol, closest I am is 1
Sur
in LOL, But I'm running
Laying of Hands
+ 400 Damage, 39%AS Grief,
Ist
(
Shako
), 1
Dwarf Star
with 1 SOJ and for Now TGods with War Travelers, also Using a Rhyme for now since I have no where near a
Cham
, lol
Replace WT with
Infernostride
Replace SOJ with an AR + max damage or min damage magic ring.
TGod's is good.
Replace Rhyme with
Stormshield
Put on
Duriel's Shell
until you get CoH +
Arreat's Face
with
Cham
. Enigma is an option, but in my experience it doesn't offer a lot of extra speed compared to one point in
Leap
. The absurd overres with CoH is a permanent just in case counter to
Conviction
Fill inventory with max damage + AR charms.

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
Well, the point wasn't "get Enigma", the idea was "see if you even need more dmg". Because if you don't, then going for MF/GF (or eventually Enigma) over fort isn't a bad idea. :)

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
To preface, I have done thousands upon thousands of trav runs with two Horker barbs. I would avoid using anything that applies cold damage. In Fortitude case, percent to cast
Chilling Armor
. 20% of frozen enemies shatter at their Death and are unable to be horked. So also no
Raven Frost
or cold damage charms. No Fortitude on merc.
since everyone is jumping in:

merc-act 5
Frenzy
w. sazabi

you-fort, war travs, trang
Belt
for cbf

Dwarf Star
, wisp, hilords

if maffer has
Conviction
Howl
once to isolate him

re chillin armor-¯\_(ツ)_/¯
with fort minions go down in 1 hit, 2 for the super uniques

do some runs w/o fort and see how many hits 2 kill the council...
I second Zebot's statement. Fort has potential for cold dmg, which will lower chances of horking/rune finding. And like Schnorki said, P1 is easy enough where you don't need the extra dmg from Fort.

Would be much better using something cheap like Skullder's in the meantime while saving up for Enigma, IMO. Nothing beats Enigma for Trav barb, that I'm aware of!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Fort and CoH aren't necessary for Trav kill speed.
Duriel's Shell
is great because you can put something other than
Cham
in your
Arreat's Face
. LoH lets you to 2-shot the entire council and Moser's with PDiamonds takes care of your resistances (because you ain't blocking anyway).

Asha 334

Sorceress Europe PC
My setup for trav barb is Grief +
Stormshield
+ coh, LoH glove, trang
Belt
, gore
Boots
. No ravenfrost rings, ofc - bk + carrion or 2x bk are just fine. Highlord as well.
Merc is Insight + coh as well (no fort!) +
Ral
'd andy. Can give him an infi, but prefer mana for my ww. 1pt zerk as an add gainst any immune is a must as well - but no need to raise it even.
All good n smooth - except for drops. Hundreds n hundreds of runs, full hork at 76% chance - not a single damn
Ist
or a
Mal
even. Ever in my life. Seems all trav runes rng reserves for somebody else.
You don't need Enigma or Fortitude. I have both and use neither for trav barb.

Instead, try a MF+GF+fire res build, you absolutely won't regret it.
412% MF and 1090% GF, cheap as hell, and I easily get 11M gold an hour to gamble rings and coronets for fun and profit.
I can't be the only one who does this, yet I don't see it explicitly recommended, so here:

Grief
Blade Of Ali Baba
w/ 2
Ist

Wealth (any 3os base)
Dwarf Star
x2
Infernostride

Trang-Oul's Girth

Harlequin Crest
w/ ptopaz (or
Cham
w/
Goldwrap
)
Highlord's Wrath

Laying of Hands

4x 40% gold find grand charms
7x MF% small charms

Use
Naj's Puzzler
switch to go fast; 69 charges and you only use 4-5 per run.
Leap Attack
works totally fine too.
Prioritize Aura enchanted mobs, drink a super health during the fight, and you'll rarely need to rejuv or be in any danger.
For merc I recommend
Kira's Guardian
+
Guardian Angel
for great survivability, because Grief does most of the work and the time it takes to
Revive
him is like 1/3 of a trav run in itself.
As for wep,
Eth
Bonehew
socketed w/
Shael
Amn
is cheap and works great. Reaper's Toll just isn't worth it due to cold damage shattering corpses. You'll kill quick enough regardless.
Moriarty wrote: 1 year ago
Instead, try a MF+GF+fire res build, you absolutely won't regret it.
412% MF and 1090% GF, cheap as hell, and I easily get 11M gold an hour to gamble rings and coronets for fun and profit.
I can't be the only one who does this, yet I don't see it explicitly recommended, so here:
MF on council is pointless because their unique drop rates are abysmal, and you're not farming them for uniques anyway.
GF is a hassle that takes A TON of time and returns next to nothing compared to farming without GF. It may be fun at first, but becomes merely tedious later.
Im running Hustle armor just for that extra speed in town.

What are your + skills? Or your
Berserk
% damage? Trying a mf barb and I feel like I'm in constant danger. I do need to redpec bc I blindly followed a build I saw online and I think they made a mistake not maxing
Battle Orders
bagolyg11 wrote: 4 months ago

Berserk
% damage? Trying a mf barb and I feel like I'm in constant danger. I do need to redpec bc I blindly followed a build I saw online and I think they made a mistake not maxing
Battle Orders
Not to take the question away from Schnorki, but I just put together a couple MF/GF Trav Barb vids recently, and think they could be useful for ya.

P1:

(A5 merc using Grief + Last Wish + GFace + Chains of Honor)

And P3 with higher MF, less GF:

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

Schnorki 3023Moderator

PC
bagolyg11 wrote: 4 months ago

Berserk
Battle Orders
Respecced away from farming builds by now but I believe it was +8 to skills, give or take a couple. At the core, it was Grief, Enigma and then focused on a roughly even mix between MF and GF beyond that (with a slight tendency towards GF).

Maxing BO should be a no-brainer for a zerker barb. Not only because BO in general is one of the best things a barb has but even more so because for a zerker, BO is actually a synergy. Beyond that, mine had max res and max block to match and with that was never in any danger from anything in trav (or most other places).
Trav specifically is made even less dangerous by a focus on GF gear as that'll give you double
Dwarf Star
which happens to also inherently overcome a fair chunk of
Hydra
damage.

Zero187 wrote: 4 months ago
Not to take the question away from Schnorki, but...
Nothing wrong with more than one answer. :)
What about Grief + Phoenix?
Szambodiver wrote: 3 months ago
What about Grief + Phoenix?
I think it's not possible to hork the corpses after the souls have been redeemed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation