diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   990 views

Reply (Private Message) not sending message when clicking "submit"

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

Device: PC
Browser: Firefox 102.0 (64 bit)

Steps to reproduce: I went to a new private message I got (through the notification icon) clicked the "send reply" button, wrote my answer and clicked "submit". It showed me a preview (which I assume is normal) and I clicked submit again but it just showed me the same preview again, without sending the message, I tried again, removing and adding the recipient, clicking submit a couple of times, but it didn't send the reply, only showed my the preview page every time, no matter how many times in a row I clicked on "submit".

Anything else to add: Went to the users profile and send him a message from there which worked just fine.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: PC
Browser: Firefox 102.0 (64 bit)

Steps to reproduce: I went to a new private message I got (through the notification icon) clicked the "send reply" button, wrote my answer and clicked "submit". It showed me a preview (which I assume is normal) and I clicked submit again but it just showed me the same preview again, without sending the message, I tried again, removing and adding the recipient, clicking submit a couple of times, but it didn't send the reply, only showed my the preview page every time, no matter how many times in a row I clicked on "submit".

Anything else to add: Went to the users profile and send him a message from there which worked just fine.
Fixedby Teebling1 year agoGo to post
Travysmo wrote: 1 year ago
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago

Interestingly, this is not a work around. When I try to direct message the individual I get the same issue, the page reloads instead of sending the new message.
Cool, thanks for that. Are you using an adblocker by any chance?
Yes, I am. It let me send both direct messages and reply to the persons messages last night. A bit odd.
Certainly not the only 'odd' bug with the site right now lol.

I don't typicaly offer support for issues reported with adblocker active - not because I resent the use of the adblocker, but because adblockers tend to cause unpredictable behaviour and bugs on the site that are out of my control.

I don't know if OP was also using an adblocker when reporting, but if you can reproduce this bug without the adblocker active then I can at least discount that 'unknown' when I come to troubleshooting this. Thanks for your reports.
I'm experiencing the same issue. Have you found a work around?

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Workaround is to message them from their profile page.

Interestingly, this is not a work around. When I try to direct message the individual I get the same issue, the page reloads instead of sending the new message.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC

Yes, I am. It let me send both direct messages and reply to the persons messages last night. A bit odd.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC

Certainly not the only 'odd' bug with the site right now lol.

I don't typicaly offer support for issues reported with adblocker active - not because I resent the use of the adblocker, but because adblockers tend to cause unpredictable behaviour and bugs on the site that are out of my control.

I don't know if OP was also using an adblocker when reporting, but if you can reproduce this bug without the adblocker active then I can at least discount that 'unknown' when I come to troubleshooting this. Thanks for your reports.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...