Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   3105 views

Description

What does the algorithm for this look like? Can anybody update it? That's what it seems like. Some people just updated the Europe SC NL XP to 6/6 and in my game I still see 2/6. Might I suggest we get a consensus from the users rather than updating it to any request?

Can be used to make Runewords:

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
What does the algorithm for this look like? Can anybody update it? That's what it seems like. Some people just updated the Europe SC NL XP to 6/6 and in my game I still see 2/6. Might I suggest we get a consensus from the users rather than updating it to any request?
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Improved as of 1.38 - reporter names are shown now making it easier to see actual trolls/people stuck on 2/6 due to in-game bug.

This will all be automated soon regardless. Marking fulfilled.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
In the current implementation, anyone can update it.
"Anyone" in this case includes guests as well and not just members of the site.

The idea behind this was to maximize participation wherever possible because we simply didn't know just how many folks would even take the time to contribute. Though so far, I for one am very positively surprised by the degree of participation. Thanks again to all at this point!

There's bound to be a "learning period" where trolls and mistakes are more common. Hopefully, that will dwindle out and serious, reliable contributions become more of the norm after everything gets more established.

Adding to that mere hope/expectation, there is a log of the updates entered in the backend that Teebling has access to. So if things keep getting trolled, he does have the tools available to him to see how commonly that was done by guests vs. members vs. contributors and so on, allowing to make an informed decision on possibly needed/wanted restrictions in a future update.

Based on what participation looks like now, something like a "vote progress" actually seems like a solid idea, only changing progress when it has been reported by say 3 people, rather than just one. That'd make trolling/accidental incorrect reporting significantly harder. But that's something that for example just wouldn't work all too well if participation numbers go down too far for whatever reason.
OP

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
this algorithm is fun to implement =)
https://www.andrew.cmu.edu/course/14-73 ... st2013.pdf

The trolling situation started.

I went to look on forum what the algorithm or rules are used and now i understand. Someone keep Americas server on 5/6 or 6/6, but true is 1/6. It wants some rules, like only for members or one vote per 1 hour.

Add me on Bnet for fastest response: wanted#22278
For more items or service check out my profile: member/VVanted/
- I'm Europe Time (UTC+01:00) -

Schnorki 3183Moderator

PC
Aye, improvements/restrictions are planned.

Or maybe even already done by Teeb via phone, lol - considering that the Americas trolling has stopped (for now).

1 vote per hour would kill it though because you'd be unable to fix trolls anymore. That cuts both ways.
OP

geo89 51

Assassin Americas XLinux
I wasn't kidding about using the raft algorithm guys.

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Improved as of 1.38 - reporter names are shown now making it easier to see actual trolls/people stuck on 2/6 due to in-game bug.

This will all be automated soon regardless. Marking fulfilled.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...