Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
8 replies   703 views

Description

So I've come to realize this is going to be a bit of an issue with finding trades for me. As an example, say I have a
Snowclash
& want to trade it for a
Goldwrap
. I have 2 choices.

1.) I can search through postings of Goldwraps & offer my
Snowclash
to potential sellers.

2.) I can post my
Snowclash
as a new trade looking for
Goldwrap

Both options would ideally end up the same, with 2 players in game trading the items, but only option #2 gets me a chance at +Trust. This makes me far more likely to try to make my own trade post. If people would rather make their own trades to get trust, this could lead to not only people missing trades that already match what they want, but maybe even a bit more server load from having more (potentially matching) trades to search through.

The best fix imo, since a successful trade reflects on both parties, would be to allow both buyer & seller to receive trust after a trade.

Can be used to make Runewords:

EnragedN3wb 188Moderator

PC
So I've come to realize this is going to be a bit of an issue with finding trades for me. As an example, say I have a
Snowclash
& want to trade it for a
Goldwrap
. I have 2 choices.

1.) I can search through postings of Goldwraps & offer my
Snowclash
to potential sellers.

2.) I can post my
Snowclash
as a new trade looking for
Goldwrap

Both options would ideally end up the same, with 2 players in game trading the items, but only option #2 gets me a chance at +Trust. This makes me far more likely to try to make my own trade post. If people would rather make their own trades to get trust, this could lead to not only people missing trades that already match what they want, but maybe even a bit more server load from having more (potentially matching) trades to search through.

The best fix imo, since a successful trade reflects on both parties, would be to allow both buyer & seller to receive trust after a trade.
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.

Teebling 5850Admin

Europe PC
Coming next patch :)

OP

EnragedN3wb 188Moderator

PC
Awesome! Thank you for working so hard on this website! The potential here is absolutely mind-blowing! :O
Hey,
I had the same thoughts.
And in advance I have the problem that I have completed some trades, but no one returns to the thread afterwards and therefore I do not get the +1 trust.

Since I consider trust to be an important tool, it would be an advantage if both parties involved get a +1 if both confirm this after a successful trade.

So far I can't think of anything better to encourage the trade partners to do so :/

Lookin forward to the next patch :)

interested in a trade? just whisp me: MkOne#2447
and don't forget to give +1 trust for the trade ;)

Teebling 5850Admin

Europe PC
MkOne wrote: 2 years ago
And in advance I have the problem that I have completed some trades, but no one returns to the thread afterwards and therefore I do not get the +1 trust.
Yeah notifications for this are being fixed, they were causing server crashes before so I had to disable them.
Since I consider trust to be an important tool, it would be an advantage if both parties involved get a +1 if both confirm this after a successful trade.
Yep I'm literally working on it right now.
So far I can't think of anything better to encourage the trade partners to do so :/
You may need to sometimes, I can only make it so easy - there has to be some effort from both parties to utilise the trust system to its fullest :P

I couldn't have asked for better answers :)
sounds great, I really appreciate that!

interested in a trade? just whisp me: MkOne#2447
and don't forget to give +1 trust for the trade ;)
I've seen an option to give trust before but I can't find it anymore... Did it disappear?

Teebling 5850Admin

Europe PC
Cravey wrote: 2 years ago
I've seen an option to give trust before but I can't find it anymore... Did it disappear?
It did not disappear no, you're probably just not eligible to give trust on the trade you're looking at.

You have to have been named as the person it was sold to before the trust button appears.

Teebling 5850Admin

Europe PC
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...