4 replies   583 views

Description

Device: iMac
Browser: Edge

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a trade;
2. Post a response under it;
3. Bump all trades a few time during the day;
4. The next day or two, you'll notice the response timestamp get mis-calculated.

Anything else to add:

This is the post I am referring to, the message that I ask one of the buyers to add one more
Mal
to make the deal was posted by me the day before, but today, after refreshing the page it's showing 30 minutes ago, which can't be correct. I am not sure how bump all trades is implemented exactly, but I am guessing it's playing with the post timestamp, which might cause problems like this. Please look into this.

post2061486.html#p2061486

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: iMac
Browser: Edge

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a trade;
2. Post a response under it;
3. Bump all trades a few time during the day;
4. The next day or two, you'll notice the response timestamp get mis-calculated.

Anything else to add:

This is the post I am referring to, the message that I ask one of the buyers to add one more
Mal
to make the deal was posted by me the day before, but today, after refreshing the page it's showing 30 minutes ago, which can't be correct. I am not sure how bump all trades is implemented exactly, but I am guessing it's playing with the post timestamp, which might cause problems like this. Please look into this.

post2061486.html#p2061486
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Bumped posts are now visually distinctive with a blue top-right corner indicator, a 'bumped' label after the post's timestamp, and a 'bumped by X' message in the post's footer. As of 1.37.
OP
May I suggest a fix for this issue?

I would imagine there be at least two timestamps stored with each post:
  • created_on_timestamp
  • last_modified_on_timestamp
created_on_timestamp is the date and time when the post was created, and should NEVER be modified later on, and the post time displayed on the post, e.g. "15 hours ago", should be calculated based on this created_on_timestamp;

last_modified_on_timestamp is the data and time when the post was last modified, when a user edits this post or when he bumps the trade, this timestamp gets updated, when a search for trades occurs, the returned result list should be sorted according to this timestamp, so the newly created or bumped trades appear at the top of the list.

Teebling 5850Admin

Europe PC
The way bumping works is a native phpBB function... so what you're seeing is not actually a bug and it's just how it's been done all this time, for both the trade section and forum posts.

That's not to say it's not confusing and annoying not knowing whether or not the last poster actually posted or if it was bumped.

It works by updating the topic_last_post_time field with a new UNIX timestamp, but also sets a bunch of other things, including setting the topic_bumped boolean to 1 and the topic_bumper is set to their ID.

What I am able to do then is to detect if the last post in the topic was just bumped or not, and perhaps add a small notice telling people that it's the case (post was bumped by X, Y time ago). So yeah your solution is similar to what's planned already.

May I remind everyone to please read the notices on these subforums before posting new feedback - this issue has already been described and talked about at length, many times before in here... we want to avoid duplicate requests/bug reports where possible thanks.

OP
Thanks for getting back to me. Didn't that was a phpBB problem.

I did check the known bugs post, but only looked at the original post where the bug list is maintained. This same issue was discussed on the 2nd page of that post, I'll make sure to check that as well in the future. Thanks.

Teebling 5850Admin

Europe PC
Bumped posts are now visually distinctive with a blue top-right corner indicator, a 'bumped' label after the post's timestamp, and a 'bumped by X' message in the post's footer. As of 1.37.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...