diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
2 replies   2341 views

Auto bumping and supporting the website

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Hey,

I was earlier in management of tf2outpost which was a trading website for steam games, especially focused on TF2.

We rewarded players in different ways to help them become more visible in the trading market and giving the opportunity to help out the community all in one package. They were able to donate items that were weighed up towards real currency respectively to the value the item was worth on the market, which we then added as a value to their account on our website as a donation.

However as there are different Terms of use for D2 than it is TF2, this would (maybe?) not be allowed to do, but we did also accept donations in the form of money which we spent on developing the website further.

The rewards for donating and helping the development of the website rewarded players with different benefits such as automatic bumping of their trades, unique color names, and more customizable profiles and also allowing them to have more trades active than a normal user.
We also had a "Wall of fame" where the top donators would be featured to highlight them as top supporters of the website.

There are many ways of playing around with this idea, and it was a solid income for our website which rewarded both the user and management for the website.

This was a monthly payment of a small amount with different tiers that had different benefits, such as "Green name, 15 active trades, and auto bump for $5 a month" and "Blue name, 25 active trades, and auto bump(with a shorter cooldown) for $10 a month". There were also special rewards for all-time top donators with custom color names and some other small benefits.

My point of this thread is that I'd love to be able to support this website every month with a donation with the benefit of having my trades auto bumping and even stand out a bit from the crowd to highlight my trades, and I'm sure there are other users who would like to see a feature like this as well. It is rewarding for everyone and those who just like being normal users get the benefit of having a solid-supported website to use for free!

Would love to hear everybody's thought about this idea, and perhaps you could be able to work with the idea if it is something that sounds interesting.

TL;DR - Would love to see a system where users can donate a small amount of money every month to support the website and have the benefit of standing out in the crowd with unique name colors and automatic bumping of their trades.

Thank you everybody for this amazing website and community, it has been a huge help for me getting back into Diablo 2 and following the market all in one place.
Description by gBone

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey,

I was earlier in management of tf2outpost which was a trading website for steam games, especially focused on TF2.

We rewarded players in different ways to help them become more visible in the trading market and giving the opportunity to help out the community all in one package. They were able to donate items that were weighed up towards real currency respectively to the value the item was worth on the market, which we then added as a value to their account on our website as a donation.

However as there are different Terms of use for D2 than it is TF2, this would (maybe?) not be allowed to do, but we did also accept donations in the form of money which we spent on developing the website further.

The rewards for donating and helping the development of the website rewarded players with different benefits such as automatic bumping of their trades, unique color names, and more customizable profiles and also allowing them to have more trades active than a normal user.
We also had a "Wall of fame" where the top donators would be featured to highlight them as top supporters of the website.

There are many ways of playing around with this idea, and it was a solid income for our website which rewarded both the user and management for the website.

This was a monthly payment of a small amount with different tiers that had different benefits, such as "Green name, 15 active trades, and auto bump for $5 a month" and "Blue name, 25 active trades, and auto bump(with a shorter cooldown) for $10 a month". There were also special rewards for all-time top donators with custom color names and some other small benefits.

My point of this thread is that I'd love to be able to support this website every month with a donation with the benefit of having my trades auto bumping and even stand out a bit from the crowd to highlight my trades, and I'm sure there are other users who would like to see a feature like this as well. It is rewarding for everyone and those who just like being normal users get the benefit of having a solid-supported website to use for free!

Would love to hear everybody's thought about this idea, and perhaps you could be able to work with the idea if it is something that sounds interesting.

TL;DR - Would love to see a system where users can donate a small amount of money every month to support the website and have the benefit of standing out in the crowd with unique name colors and automatic bumping of their trades.

Thank you everybody for this amazing website and community, it has been a huge help for me getting back into Diablo 2 and following the market all in one place.
Request fulfilledby Beardozer2 years agoGo to post
gBone wrote: 2 years ago
Hey gBone,

We already have a donation tab for the website here:

app.php/donate

Donating to the website does indeed give you a special light blue username, and it also hides ads displayed throughout the website. This website is a one-man team with Teebling being the guy who wrote & developed the entire site, and he independently owns and operates the place himself. Donations go towards hosting the site & allowing teebs to essentially treat developing this place as a fulltime job. Mods volunteer and 100% of the funds go to teebling for hosting & development as he sees fit.

Examples of the blue username can be seen on the donator list on the bottom half of this page:

the-team.html

You can already bump all of your trades through the 'bump all' button in the trade interface. It's not a donator perk, and it's on a cooldown of... I forget. Like 6 or 24 hours or something.

Beardozer 442Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
gBone wrote: 2 years ago
Hey gBone,

We already have a donation tab for the website here:

app.php/donate

Donating to the website does indeed give you a special light blue username, and it also hides ads displayed throughout the website. This website is a one-man team with Teebling being the guy who wrote & developed the entire site, and he independently owns and operates the place himself. Donations go towards hosting the site & allowing teebs to essentially treat developing this place as a fulltime job. Mods volunteer and 100% of the funds go to teebling for hosting & development as he sees fit.

Examples of the blue username can be seen on the donator list on the bottom half of this page:

the-team.html

You can already bump all of your trades through the 'bump all' button in the trade interface. It's not a donator perk, and it's on a cooldown of... I forget. Like 6 or 24 hours or something.
This post was marked as the best answer.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
Beardozer

Besides a blue color username, if a person continues to donate occassionally, would there be a chance in color?
I think if the same user donate multiple times, he/she should be able to change username color or alter username font? Or something to give their username more flair i guess?

I havent really checked out preference/ profile in detail to find out whether what I mentioned above is possible or not…

Can trade on PC or SWITCH

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...