"List It" Button Populates Item Name but Doesn't Select Item

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

Device: PC
Browser: Chrome

Steps to reproduce:
1. Search for an item and go to its database page
2. Click the "List It" button below the active trades 3. Fill out the text section and click "Create Trade Listing" 4. The listing will be created as a generic blue WTS without the text color for the item type or the item image Anything else to add:
Sometimes the dropdown will auto-populate the item when the create listing page loads, but even then, it's not intuitive that you have to click on it to select it in order to set the item correctly.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: PC
Browser: Chrome

Steps to reproduce:
1. Search for an item and go to its database page
2. Click the "List It" button below the active trades 3. Fill out the text section and click "Create Trade Listing" 4. The listing will be created as a generic blue WTS without the text color for the item type or the item image Anything else to add:
Sometimes the dropdown will auto-populate the item when the create listing page loads, but even then, it's not intuitive that you have to click on it to select it in order to set the item correctly.

Teebling 5832Admin

Europe PC
Thanks for this detailed report.
Insig wrote: 2 years ago
The dropdown results appearing after page load is the intended functionality - user expected to click the item to 'load' it into the trade. If this is only happening sometimes I need to add a delay or force it to appear.

Agree that it would be ideal for it to click the item for you too to load it, but I'll have to see how it goes. Explains where a lot of the blue trade listings with correct names but no colour/icon are coming from.

OP
It appears that middle-clicking (or right-click -> open in new tab) the "List It" button to open it in a new tab causes the auto-populate to fail, whereas it does auto-populate if I left-click the button normally to let it load in the same tab. Possibly a focus issue, since the new tab doesn't grab focus when it opens?

I tend to do my post creation in new tabs so I can go back and reference the price history and stuff like that, that's probably why I ran into this.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...